ReputationRep:
    Today has been ridiculously counterproductive :rolleyes:
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Prinz655)
    No fifth uni?
    Probably will be the same after MAT for Oxford and imperial
    Biomedical sciences at Imperial as my fifth (so applying there for two courses) but I won't take it regardless if I get a medicine offer or not. I picked a fifth because our headteacher made us basically and just put it down like 2 minutes before I sent off my application.

(Original post by Qari)
    Love the final episode where Han Solo thinks Luke & Leia are dating

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Love all of them :teeth:

(Original post by Pandora.)
    I hope so too! If ITV are showing them all I might get to see them, but the evening timeslot might make me miss them. Either way, I'll watch them somehow. Which is your favourite one?

He must be the coolest man on the planet. :awesome:

Thanks That's great! How long's he staying? That's my philosophy about work too haha
    Good idea :teeth: Ah damn. Good, they're not as good as 4/5/6, but they're still very good. :teeth: Hmm...good question. :beard: Probably 5 tbh...maybe 6... :beard:

I know right :awesome:

Hopefully a week! Haha, it's such a good way to think about it :cool:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you think you'll do a PhD?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps - though I really will need to do the actual degree and decide whether I'm dedicated enough to the subject.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    Perhaps - though I really will need to do the actual degree and decide whether I'm dedicated enough to the subject.
    Yeah very true! Bit worried as having one is quite important for what I want to do, but they're obviously very tough and I lack motivation most of the time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi. i am in Y12, and i was wondering when it comes to revision, would it be helpful to use past papers from other exam boards? (i will be doing AQA maths, further maths, physics and chemistry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Biomedical sciences at Imperial as my fifth (so applying there for two courses) but I won't take it regardless if I get a medicine offer or not. I picked a fifth because our headteacher made us basically and just put it down like 2 minutes before I sent off my application.

Love all of them :teeth:

Good idea :teeth: Ah damn. Good, they're not as good as 4/5/6, but they're still very good. :teeth: Hmm...good question. :beard: Probably 5 tbh...maybe 6... :beard:

I know right :awesome:

Hopefully a week! Haha, it's such a good way to think about it :cool:
    Am applying for Optom what should be on my PS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPL9457)
    hi. i am in Y12, and i was wondering when it comes to revision, would it be helpful to use past papers from other exam boards? (i will be doing AQA maths, further maths, physics and chemistry)
    For the mathses I'd be inclined to say yes, although bear in mind that they do vary from exam board to exam board and there may not be everything you need covered in there or some extra stuff, especially in further maths. In the sciences there is a much bigger difference between syllabuses in my experience so there really isn't a lot of point-the legacy exam papers can be very useful though just for more experience of the right type of questions
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Qari)
    Am applying for Optom what should be on my PS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not really sure, but have a look at this example for inspiration: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...nt:Optometry_1

It has some comments at the bottom which may be useful. :yes:

I thought older past paper questions from the same exam board were very useful. The spec has changed, of course, but if you browse through older papers, you should be able to find questions that are relevant. You'll need to browse for them online though as they're not on the exam boards website.

ReputationRep:

I did AQA chemistry, and I think past papers are your best friends for the subject. Get used to the mark schemes and what they look for in questions as well as understanding the content. The application tends to be the hardest bit of chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Most exam boards tend to cover the same stuff over the year but unit wise they have different syllabus. Check pre 2008 papers for your exam board in your subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alevel Chem and Chen guide are obsv but useful, and somewhere round here there's a guys noted from his AS/A2 chem which is v useful

ReputationRep:
    Gah this has been SUCH an unproductive week! Ill for two days and then just as I was recovering made myself ill again for my friend's 18th (and I didn't even drink). Haven't caught up on any of the maths work I've missed and consequently haven't got the foggiest as to what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Gah this has been SUCH an unproductive week! Ill for two days and then just as I was recovering made myself ill again for my friend's 18th (and I didn't even drink). Haven't caught up on any of the maths work I've missed and consequently haven't got the foggiest as to what's going on.
    If you need maths help I don't think that'll be an issue on TSR

You still ill?

ReputationRep:
    Any Willerton you absolute beauty

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    at the moment it's an option for me, but I may very well change my mind after I actually start uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    unproductive weeks ftw
    barely anything useful done in the last 3 days
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hestermae)
    at the moment it's an option for me, but I may very well change my mind after I actually start uni
    Ah cool yeah very true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I very much doubt I would in English, unless it could be VERY closely related to film. If I could go in a different direction for an MA then perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)

Mhm, most likely. Though in which field, I don't know. Pure Mathematics, Theoretical Physics, poetry?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.