Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    It went so incredibly well. Didn't question anything when I just handed over my diagnoses and he set about supporting everything straight away. I have a psychotherapy referral, counselling referral and the offer of remedicating if my ocd doesn't settle in a couple of weeks. Feel so happy. He's happy to support my dsa application (just waiting for my records to come through so he can see how it affects me) and said to come back if I need absolutely anything from him <3

Weekend was lovely, went on huge walks and ate my bodyweight in my girlfriends cooking. We agreed that we should get engaged asap so now we're both looking out for rings - I want vintage and she wants something not super femme.

Hopefully I'll get chance to talk to you soon! I'm always either asleep, eating or at uni at the moment.

And of course I've picked up a virus from my placement. Inappropriate to wear virus masks to school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aaaaaaah SO MUCH PRSOM! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It went so incredibly well. Didn't question anything when I just handed over my diagnoses and he set about supporting everything straight away. I have a psychotherapy referral, counselling referral and the offer of remedicating if my ocd doesn't settle in a couple of weeks. Feel so happy. He's happy to support my dsa application (just waiting for my records to come through so he can see how it affects me) and said to come back if I need absolutely anything from him <3

Weekend was lovely, went on huge walks and ate my bodyweight in my girlfriends cooking. We agreed that we should get engaged asap so now we're both looking out for rings - I want vintage and she wants something not super femme.

Hopefully I'll get chance to talk to you soon! I'm always either asleep, eating or at uni at the moment.

And of course I've picked up a virus from my placement. Inappropriate to wear virus masks to school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!!!!!! :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I told you it would go well!

URGH. Paradox has PGCE- flu. Like fresher's flu, but from kids, so it's a million times worse.

ReputationRep:
    docs appointment tomorrow morning, missing 2 lectures which I'm not all that happy about, but it was the only appointment she had all week so i had to take it. don't want to go. want more meds but don't want to have to tell her that i feel like a waste of a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    docs appointment tomorrow morning, missing 2 lectures which I'm not all that happy about, but it was the only appointment she had all week so i had to take it. don't want to go. want more meds but don't want to have to tell her that i feel like a waste of a person.
    -hugs- you're not a waste of space mcdreamy. I loves you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :hugs: You can only do the best you can and it sounds like you're trying very hard, so that's the main thing :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah OK, maybe she was just being a noobface rather than talking about treatment-resistive. It is more about the number of meds you've been on, from the little understanding I have of the matter. Was just trying to figure out what she could have meant by the two years comment. She does sound a bit clueless :erm:

:hugs:
    Yeah, I dunno really what she was on about. I'm wondering whether to drop out from it now to save us both. At the end of the sessions, I think I will be, at best, feeling and living no differently to the way I was at the start. I don't think theres much she can offer me. Sorry for the moan. how are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    -hugs- you're not a waste of space mcdreamy. I loves you.
    don't know why you do though - I'm rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    that is true! just dont panic! if you panic thats when things will start to go wrong! :hugs: and as long as you try your best you should be confident that what you have produced is of a high standard! :hugs:
    dont let them drag you down! all you have to show for yourself is you amazing work!
    maybe try talking to them? :hugs:
    Yeah, panicking will just make things worse, my part is trying, if they are still not satisfied with my work then I can do anything about that. I don't really like being around them as they are quite cold/strict :erm:

:hugs: You can only do the best you can and it sounds like you're trying very hard, so that's the main thing :yep:
    Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Yeah, I dunno really what she was on about. I'm wondering whether to drop out from it now to save us both. At the end of the sessions, I think I will be, at best, feeling and living no differently to the way I was at the start. I don't think theres much she can offer me. Sorry for the moan. how are you?
    No need to apologise hun. I can see why you're frustrated with it all :sadnod:

I'm OK though haven't managed to do any academic work yet. Will have to go offline soon in an attempt to concentrate. But then Facebook is soooo tempting

:getmecoat:

You're not rubbish AT ALL. Evil Brain is rubbish but you're not.

And don't even THINK about arguing with me

ReputationRep:
    I don't start lectures until Thursday but I'm worried that I should be doing work now? Only I have no work to do except reading ahead in the lecture notes which seems almost redundant as I've already done the lectures once. Plus lectures now start at 8.45 and rather than being near the building I'm currently in (like they were when I was last here) they're fifteen minutes away. Think I'd feel better if someone would tell me what time I'm seeing the Progress Panel (Fitness to Practice for when you're still a student) on Thursday and little details like where that will be so I can work out if I'm going to make it to the practical that afternoon. I also need to sort out my ID badge for the practical since mine expired a couple of years ago. I meant to register with my GP today but ended up not going. Aiming to do that on Thursday or Friday but I've still got a week of meds so it's not a massive problem if I don't get round to it straight away.
    Feeling a bit isolated, the other second years seem nice but I don't see many people. I know some fourth years but they actually have work to do so are busy. The freshers in the rooms near me have a load of meetings to go to so I don't see them. I'm heading to the bar with some fourth years tonight but not sure how I feel about it. I only know two of them and the others are doing different subjects etc.
    Mostly just hanging around in my room organising things. I think I'm going to throw out everything from last time I did second year except essays and supervision notes. Plus a few lectures that they don't do any more. I say throw out, I mean place in a box and never look at again.Mental Health stuff has been massively bumped from the course, it's just before Easter now instead of around Christmas. Though they do have a decent lecturer doing them.

Currently just trying to get the motivation to go cook something. Main problem is that I forgot to bring a chopping board and feel like buying one when I have one at home that I can get tomorrow is a waste of money. Logically I can just chop things on a plate but somehow that step seems the require far too much effort. Plus we're not actually allowed to fry things and I'm worried I'll set off the fire alarms since the tiny tiny kitchen (with no oven) has no windows or ventilation. Probably could prop the door open I guess but then if I get caught frying.

ReputationRep:
    No need to apologise hun. I can see why you're frustrated with it all :sadnod:

I'm OK though haven't managed to do any academic work yet. Will have to go offline soon in an attempt to concentrate. But then Facebook is soooo tempting

:getmecoat:

You're not rubbish AT ALL. Evil Brain is rubbish but you're not.

And don't even THINK about arguing with me

:hugs: don't be too hard on yourself hun, story of my life, that is. I've done nothing either. I use the internet a lot with my work and facebook/TSR is definitely too tempting. Good luck, though, I'm sure you can do it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    everything is going awfully right now.

ReputationRep:
    pssh. That's a fib. And I agree with what TLG said.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :hugs: don't be too hard on yourself hun, story of my life, that is. I've done nothing either. I use the internet a lot with my work and facebook/TSR is definitely too tempting. Good luck, though, I'm sure you can do it :hugs:
    Thanks lovely Btw I'm currently on Facebook if you'd like to talk there xxx

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm:

Do I have to get the numpty stick out? :security: :hugs: You're not rubbish AT ALL. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Got so much **** to do today gonna miss a stupid lecture later on cos I can't be ****ed to go :lol:

First lecture hasn't even started yet and I'm fed up hahaha I just wanna feel well again
    :hugs: hopefully lectures & stuff went okay for you, im sure won't be end of the world if you miss one lecture either so don't panic!

hopefully you feel better soon, I know balancing Uni with MH can be hard!

I doubt it, had gym membership over summer and it made **** all difference. also cause its a GP referral, you have to go and get weighed and have a proper plan, and they keep an eye on you and stuff and tbh that is my worst nightmare. I kid you not, I have no clue what I will do with myself if I end up going and its just a meds review. last time I saw psych I was in complete hysterics to the point I couldn't breathe or talk for about half an hour and was left in tatters for weeks afterwards. there is just no point, such a flawed system, everything is ****. honestly feel like giving up today
    ah okay, fair enough. anything else you think might help instead? that sucks, they really should be doing so much more to help you than they are, it's awful you feel this bad & they aren't doing more! the system really is stupid, you deserve so much better! like I said I know it's not much but if you need a chat am always happy to hear from you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    awesome! that's really good, at least you know they will be helpful now as well if you go back to them hopefully the counselling & psych help as well, sounds like the GP is doing good work for you!

cool, glad you had a good weekend & that sounds awesome about getting engaged!

that's okay! my replies to people get delayed by sleep sometimes as well

might be a bit yeah, hopefully you feel well soon though :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bloody hell, somehow read the first paragraph and the last sentence and completely missed this one :facepalm: SOOOOO happy for you - congratulations! How exciting! :king1: :awesome: :party: :woo: :yeah: :danceboy:

I really hope you don't think I omitted this before due to disapproval - that wasn't the case at all, promise. I'm just a complete noobface

ReputationRep:
    so glad i havent had a panic attack today yet
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    so glad i havent had a panic attack today yet
    Why "yet"?
    Do you have them daily? :console:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Hi babez, how've you been?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.