Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of Maxi Romero? 16 year old playing as striker atm but what's most shocking is the rumoured fee of 4.5m for a younger this inexperienced. I wouldn't trust the sources for the reported fee but we've been linked with him for a while now.

It's nice that our team in general has the right mix of experienced with up and coming however. Would dread to ever be in a situation similar to city's (although that's highly unlikely)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread is dead people only post on matchday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    This thread is dead people only post on matchday
    Well you can thank a certain someone for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Well you can thank a certain someone for that
    I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    What do you guys think of Maxi Romero? 16 year old playing as striker atm but what's most shocking is the rumoured fee of 4.5m for a younger this inexperienced. I wouldn't trust the sources for the reported fee but we've been linked with him for a while now.

It's nice that our team in general has the right mix of experienced with up and coming however. Would dread to ever be in a situation similar to city's (although that's highly unlikely)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never seen him play but there is definitely interest from our side, I think his agent said he met with Arsene and agreed some terms like him staying at his current club for a year or two. I assume the fee is because of 3rd party ownership as oppose to him actually being worth that much, but if he his really something special then I think Wenger would go for it. These days I just trust our scouting network to do the job instead of questioning their judgement, especially for youth.

ReputationRep:
    What chance do you think we would have had vs Juve if we beat Monaco?

ReputationRep:
    Juve and Arsenal is always an interesting, high-tempo fixture. I would have loved to see us face Juve, could have been a thrilling home and away goals galore tie tbh. Would we have qualified against Juve though? Probably not if very marginal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    The idea that a team that's knocked out with draw the same team is a statistical fallacy. Any hypothetical draw involving Arsenal would be a separate random variable and Arsenal could have drawn anyone.

Are people incredulous when the practise draw is different from the actual draw if they believe otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    **** knows...

One day we beat man city, liverpool, united...

Next day we loose to spurs and monaco..

Our big game form is so up and down, that honestly.. who knows what would have happened..

(note. big game form being hit and miss, is so much better then the last 2 years, where it has bassically been miss and miss)

ReputationRep:
    It's been our performances against 5th-10th this season that has cost us.

Everton 2-2, Liverpool 2-2, Spurs 1-1, 0-2, Southampton 0-2, Swansea 1-2

A 50% hit rate vs the big sides is absolutely fine but we've not beaten the 'decent' sides whilst of course we still whip the crap at the bottom every time.

Most annoying game of the season for me was the 1-1 with Spurs, should have beaten that lot.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs at home. Awful game, cracking day. Got so hot bouncing around and going mental in the concourse before the game that I watched the match topless.

ReputationRep:
    Swansea loss and hull draw hit us the most tbf, both two very easy fixtures we would have won today. Not gonna mention stoke away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Might be a strange question but has anyone gone to a Pub on a matchday when we are playing home? I always try and go to home matches however I've never been to a pub to watch it, what's the atmosphere etc like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    It's been our performances against 5th-10th this season that has cost us.

Everton 2-2, Liverpool 2-2, Spurs 1-1, 0-2, Southampton 0-2, Swansea 1-2

A 50% hit rate vs the big sides is absolutely fine but we've not beaten the 'decent' sides whilst of course we still whip the crap at the bottom every time.

Most annoying game of the season for me was the 1-1 with Spurs, should have beaten that lot.
    Spurs vs Arsenal was 2-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Might be a strange question but has anyone gone to a Pub on a matchday when we are playing home? I always try and go to home matches however I've never been to a pub to watch it, what's the atmosphere etc like?
    Pubs have a better atmosphere than in the ground, reason being that the proper, hardcore Arsenal fans who either can't afford to watch the game or choose not to fill the boards pockets watch the matches in the pub. Meanwhile the stadium is full of the Emirates types who grass you up to a steward if you swear, sing, stand or show any kind of passion in general. I'd recommend the George, near Holloway Road station.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Depends on the pub.

For a big match the Gunners on Blackstock Rd is absolutely buzzing, much better than the ground. Tollington, the 12 pins,The George all generally buzzing as well.

Best pub for a pre match drink though would be the George all considered since its not too close to the ground. Hate standing around crowded pubs tbh

ReputationRep:
    I hope the Tolly burns. The people who drink there are the type of melts who wear replica shirts and start of 'We hate tottenham' 57317 times per match. 12 pins is a shout, as is the gunners. The Green Man should be bouncing on Saturday aswell. Mayhem when we were there last year.

ReputationRep:
    'The Blackstock' must be in contention for the roughest pub in North London, no idea how anyone can stand the smell of piss long enough to even order a pint

ReputationRep:
    Should have been at Burnley on Saturday. Probably find better condition toilets in Guantanamo Bay. I hope they go down so I never have to visit that ****hole again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Should have been at Burnley on Saturday. Probably find better condition toilets in Guantanamo Bay. I hope they go down so I never have to visit that ****hole again.
    How are they expected to develop their stadium if they drop down to the Football League again? Sustained PL status will give them the stability to build on Turf Moor.

That's what real stadiums are like kids, not the marble floor & silver ****ters you probably have in the Emirates

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.