Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
wheelbarrow1
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
Well if you didn't receive the gathered pile email then there is a high chance you will hear soon. This Friday offers are coming out - good times. But if you don't hear anything then, then it will be rejections following - bad times.
Cheers... fingers crossed then!
Im really not sure how i got into Durham and UCL, especially with a B and a C at AS! Im thinking i wont be as lucky with LSE!
wheelbarrow1
Report 9 years ago
Plus, how do you know what days offers come through?
Srije
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wheelbarrow1)
Plus, how do you know what days offers come through?
Theres been a fairly predictable pattern over the years.

However this year the pattern seems to be: either fri/mon/tues rejections and then a week later offers on a friday only.

what subject are u applyin for?
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by knowlsyg1)
All but number 1- i applied november- but i haven't heard a thing. Im doing history and i have not heard of anyone who has got a reply for history- maybe they are just waiting to send out all offers/rejections at the same time as its such a small course- (Only 42 places!)
If you think history is small check out social policy with government: 12! lmao!
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well you people who have answered yes to all 4 points. You should hear soon.
There's no guarantee, people last year applied before the Oxbridge deadline (didn't get gathered pile e-mails) and didn't hear until the end of March.
Srije
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
There's no guarantee, people last year applied before the Oxbridge deadline (didn't get gathered pile e-mails) and didn't hear until the end of March.
do u remember if they got in or not?
paulapie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wheelbarrow1)
Plus, this forum has not really put my mind at rest considering the qualifications some people have- i only got AABC for AS. But then again, i have got accepted from UCL, Kings, Leeds and Durham!
I got AAAA at AS, was accepted into Kings, but rejected by LSE.
Saying this though, I wasn't applying to History, and have what I would call bad GCSE results.
So I guess noone can say. Wish you the best of luck I'm sure you'll get it. And you're other offers are still fab too!
ninety_nine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Marcx89)
If you think history is small check out social policy with government: 12! lmao!
Exactly!..and at least one other person on TSR already has an offer for it! :eek3:
marcelbandur
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Guys, a really random question, however I'd truly love to find out: Is the sample of LSE applicants at TSR representative? I mean, this tuesday no one applying to IR got rejected. Do you think, IR department was really idle, or they might have rejected somebody outside of the TSR??? Probably you don't know either, but once I spotted a conversation on the representative qualities of the TSR sample....
Janos_D
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Has anyone here:

1) Applied before Oxbridge deadline.
2) Received acknowledgment.
3) No gathered pile email.
4) No other form of contact from LSE

?
Yes to everything
maghreblover
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by marcelbandur)
Guys, a really random question, however I'd truly love to find out: Is the sample of LSE applicants at TSR representative? I mean, this tuesday no one applying to IR got rejected. Do you think, IR department was really idle, or they might have rejected somebody outside of the TSR??? Probably you don't know either, but once I spotted a conversation on the representative qualities of the TSR sample....
No it's not very representative, there are some days where people say rejections/offers are only given out by certain departments and not others, but i tend to know people in real life who get offers/rejections from these deparments considered 'inactive' on TSR on those same days.
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Srije)
do u remember if they got in or not?
Some did some didn't, obviously.
Srije
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Some did some didn't, obviously.
yes obviously, but can you remember approximately the rejectionffer ratio for these candidates who recieved their replies late?
Mustang Sally
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Guys, guys NOTHING is foolproof here. We just don't know...(and yes, that actually does include the St. Lucia theory!)
Johannesd
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
got rejected for govt the other day.. so lse will be in another life
good luck to all that havent heard back yet!
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Srije)
Theres been a fairly predictable pattern over the years.

However this year the pattern seems to be: either fri/mon/tues rejections and then a week later offers on a friday only.

what subject are u applyin for?
how come you could get rejected by UCL so soon with those grades?!?!?! Do not understand this UCL people...
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ninety_nine)
Exactly!..and at least one other person on TSR already has an offer for it! :eek3:
Yeah... That makes 11 places left lol, they might have already filled 9 and we wouldn't know cause no one on TSR (except us) applied for this course. I talked to a girl on here who is in her first year there now, she told me it's very good, she got that gathered pile email before getting accepted so that leaves me hopeful (maybe unrealisticly).
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Johannesd)
got rejected for govt the other day.. so lse will be in another life
good luck to all that havent heard back yet!
oh no!!! a EU member rejected!
Mustang Sally
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Marcx89)
Yeah... That makes 11 places left lol, they might have already filled 9 and we wouldn't know cause no one on TSR (except us) applied for this course. I talked to a girl on here who is in her first year there now, she told me it's very good, she got that gathered pile email before getting accepted so that leaves me hopeful (maybe unrealisticly).

*ahem* and me!
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mustang Sally)
*ahem* and me!
Haha, sorry ^^! Well you're part of the "us" now :redface:. When did you apply and have you heard anything from them?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise