Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I guess Kevmeister was right. (unfortunately )

It looks like Barca will now fight tooth and nail to win La Liga now with Madrid dropping more points. Gives a little more hope to Chelsea when they play them at the Nou Camp.

ReputationRep:
    Just 4 pts between Real and Barca now!

Real have been unbelievable this season for the most part, but are dropping far too many points lately.

Barcelona have been unstoppable for the last few weeks though, 3 pts every game. If they manage the triple this season. :coma:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    (...) If they manage the triple this season. :coma:
    Then what do you do after that? only 4 points ahead against barca? That is not impossible to make it up. I think barca has a good chance to win all kinds of competitions in this season.

ReputationRep:
    Just 4 pts between Real and Barca now!

Real have been unbelievable this season for the most part, but are dropping far too many points lately.

Barcelona have been unstoppable for the last few weeks though, 3 pts every game. If they manage the triple this season. :coma:
    They wont

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    They wont
    Why not?

ReputationRep:

oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    They wont
    Triple is a bit optimistic, but who knows? I think they'll win the CL at least, if they win the derby then they will go on to win La Liga as well imo.

(Original post by Kallisto)
    Then what do you do after that? only 4 points ahead against barca? That is not impossible to make it up. I think barca has a good chance to win all kinds of competitions in this season.
    Barcelona are capable of anything, they've won 12/13 trophies in less than 4 years since Guardiola became manager. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)

It looks like Barca will now fight tooth and nail to win La Liga now with Madrid dropping more points. Gives a little more hope to Chelsea when they play them at the Nou Camp.
    I see Chelsea playing a strong XI v Tottenhham before the 1st leg and - assuming they beat Fulham tomorrow (or at least get something out of it) - against Arsenal to keep their top 4 hopes alive by closing the gap. That's two 'big' matches before each leg, could be very knackering for them too, perhaps more so.

ReputationRep:

Oh hai. :awesome:

I'm not a Barca fan, btw - not really bothered by who wins La Liga. Bilbao are my Spanish team, Etxeberria. :sogood: :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)

I'm not a Barca fan, btw - not really bothered by who wins La Liga. Bilbao are my Spanish team, Etxeberria. :sogood: :moon:
    Oh look another manure fan who follows bilbao.
    HMMM
    I WONDER WHY?

ReputationRep:
    There is a lot to admire about Bilbao. They ownership style, their player selection, their fans. Not to mention their manager and playing style. They didn't just beat United they took us apart in a way, I don't think a team other than Barca has done of late. I don't see why you wouldn't admire them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    I see Chelsea playing a strong XI v Tottenhham before the 1st leg and - assuming they beat Fulham tomorrow (or at least get something out of it) - against Arsenal to keep their top 4 hopes alive by closing the gap. That's two 'big' matches before each leg, could be very knackering for them too, perhaps more so.
    I think Chelsea will play their strongest lines-up in all the games available. They don't have amazing rotational possibilities. They will be extremely tired. However, now there is a possibility that they could face a weaker/more tired Barca team at the Nou Camp. Still expect them to get thrashed but there is that little bit of hope for Chelsea.

I'm actually a Barca fan when it comes to Spanish football. Just love the way they play. Hope they do win La Liga now as Madrid have bankrolled it. I admit Barca have spent obscene amounts (from an Arsenal perspective) on some players but Madrid are on another level. Plus I hate Mourinho.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (...) they've won 12/13 trophies in less than 4 years since Guardiola became manager. :adore:
    That's really impressive. No doubt, Barcelona is the new might in europe. Barcelona is to compare with Madrid during the 50's. It is the measure of all things by now. When is it over? I'm sure, Barcelona will dominate the Champions League in the next years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    Oh look another manure fan who follows bilbao.
    HMMM
    I WONDER WHY?
    I gave a reason, read my post again.

Thanks.

I'm actually a Barca fan when it comes to Spanish football. Just love the way they play. Hope they do win La Liga now as Madrid have bankrolled it. I admit Barca have spent obscene amounts (from an Arsenal perspective) on some players but Madrid are on another level. Plus I hate Mourinho.
    Re Mourinho, I wanted him at Utd until the incident with Villanova [?], that was disgusting. Find both clubs despicable due to how they're treating the other teams wrt tv money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Ffs Guaita!

Tough games left for Madrid, and the title could go either way. I still have faith in Madrid though, and I seem to remember Mourinho's Inter almost surrendering the Serie A table in their treble winning season.
    This just a personal thing or do many Atlético fans want Madrid to win this year?

ReputationRep:
    Re Mourinho, I wanted him at Utd until the incident with Villanova [?], that was disgusting. Find both clubs despicable due to how they're treating the other teams wrt tv money.
    Is that the guy that Mourinho tried to gouge his eye out? If so, that was the same thing that done it for me. He is just a vile man. I would never expect Ferguson or Wenger to do such a thing. He's also quite a sore loser (every clasico he's had some sort of excuse).

I agree that La Liga is broken. I remember reading up that they (Madrid and Barca) get triple the tv money that Man utd themselves get. That's ridiculous considering that they are essentially the teams at the top of their respective leagues.

Do you believe the BPL is more competitive than La Liga because of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    There is a lot to admire about Bilbao. They ownership style, their player selection, their fans. Not to mention their manager and playing style. They didn't just beat United they took us apart in a way, I don't think a team other than Barca has done of late. I don't see why you wouldn't admire them.
    Because really they are just average? Look where they are in La Liga....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    This just a personal thing or do many Atlético fans want Madrid to win this year?
    Personal thing. I don't want to see Barcelona win the title.

ReputationRep:
    The Spanish football association (RFEF) has announced that the Primera Division encounter between Barcelona and Real Madrid at Camp Nou will take place on Saturday April 21 at 20.00CET.

The game had initially been scheduled for Sunday April 22, but a definite date had not been set until now, and it has been decided that both sides will meet one day earlier.
    Both teams would be happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Both teams would be happy with that.
    Oh dang it, im away when it happens then and i come back on the Sunday that it would have been played. :eek:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.