Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmel1621)
    Woooohooooo! My UCAS Track has finally been updated to unconditional

Can I now call myself a current PGCE student?

I have had my DBS back too so there is absolutely nothing left to do, except sit and wait for my course information to roll in
    Congrats! Are you planning to blog about it at all? Be a great way to keep a reflective diary!

I know I keep asking this and like some twitter whore, but are you on twitter? I NEED FOLLOWERS OKAY?!

I actually just like a huge teacher network FInding out so many useful things through blogs an twitter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshbeno1991)
    Congrats! Are you planning to blog about it at all? Be a great way to keep a reflective diary!

I know I keep asking this and like some twitter whore, but are you on twitter? I NEED FOLLOWERS OKAY?!

I actually just like a huge teacher network FInding out so many useful things through blogs an twitter!
    There is absolutely no way I will find time to blog about it but I am on Twitter. I would tell you what my Twitter name is but I have no idea!? I joined a few days ago and have not one clue how to use it.

ReputationRep:
    There is absolutely no way I will find time to blog about it but I am on Twitter. I would tell you what my Twitter name is but I have no idea!? I joined a few days ago and have not one clue how to use it.
    If you can still log in, it's known as your twitter 'handle'. Go on your profile page and under your picture shuold be your username after a @ symbol

ReputationRep:
    Mines historyrqt15 - I'm nqt +1 but I like having followers! I follow loads of education and nqt accounts so feel free to have a look at who I follow too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It's interesting to see this thread transitioning to the next cohort of new teachers, especially when I think about how often I've come here to read through and contribute over the last year. For all the upcoming trainees, my number one piece of advice is to enjoy the summer; I missed reading for pleasure a lot more than I had expected this year, and it's been great to catch up over the summer.

Going into my NQT year, I can't shake the niggling feeling that I should be doing more over the summer. In one sense, I'd like to have SIMS data on my classes, and have met and discussed with teachers I share classes with before I do anything. But I'm also worried that I'll be swamped as soon as I start. My school year begins with two INSETS on a Thursday and Friday, so I figure I'll do more over the weekend. Which should be fine, right?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tory88)
    It's interesting to see this thread transitioning to the next cohort of new teachers, especially when I think about how often I've come here to read through and contribute over the last year. For all the upcoming trainees, my number one piece of advice is to enjoy the summer; I missed reading for pleasure a lot more than I had expected this year, and it's been great to catch up over the summer.

Going into my NQT year, I can't shake the niggling feeling that I should be doing more over the summer. In one sense, I'd like to have SIMS data on my classes, and have met and discussed with teachers I share classes with before I do anything. But I'm also worried that I'll be swamped as soon as I start. My school year begins with two INSETS on a Thursday and Friday, so I figure I'll do more over the weekend. Which should be fine, right?
    We're all kinda straddling both threads at the moment. Maybe it's time to make the leap to the other thread and pretend to know what's going on?

I'm feeling the same way. I have the same problems and the current teacher for my classes has left so I'll only have the note when I get there.

I have one day of INSET on the 1st, a form day on the 2nd to get classrooms set up, printing done and to organise our year plan for our forms and then Thursday I meet my form, take them to assembly (well they take me to assembly) and then normal lessons kick in in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I'm guessing that this is the right place to post, apologies if not. I just wanted to say hello and see who else was embarking upon the PGCE this September. I'm both excited and terrified!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janeite)
    Hi all!

I'm guessing that this is the right place to post, apologies if not. I just wanted to say hello and see who else was embarking upon the PGCE this September. I'm both excited and terrified!
    Hi & welcome!

I'm also starting the PGCE in September...it feels so close and yet so far away!

Are you primary or secondary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissJRM)
    Hi & welcome!

I'm also starting the PGCE in September...it feels so close and yet so far away!

Are you primary or secondary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Secondary! So, extra terrified. Yourself? It feels very far away but the time will fly by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janeite)
    Secondary! So, extra terrified. Yourself? It feels very far away but the time will fly by.
    Also secondary! I feel your pain! Year 7s are generally taller than me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissJRM)
    Also secondary! I feel your pain! Year 7s are generally taller than me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, I have that problem too! I'm sure it will all be fine, it'll be over before we know it.

ReputationRep:
    I have received an email from uni asking me to fill in a profile form, which I have done, and suggesting I familiarise myself with the professional journey file. They have asked that I fill in the initial self review section. I'm not really sure what they expect me to write tbh.

There appears to be a grading system consisting of: No Experience; Beginning; or Developing. As far as I can see I will be grading every section as No Experience.

Has anyone else had one of these to complete?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I have received an email from uni asking me to fill in a profile form, which I have done, and suggesting I familiarise myself with the professional journey file. They have asked that I fill in the initial self review section. I'm not really sure what they expect me to write tbh.

There appears to be a grading system consisting of: No Experience; Beginning; or Developing. As far as I can see I will be grading every section as No Experience.

Has anyone else had one of these to complete?
    Yep, pretty standard. It's so you can see how far you've come throughout your training

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting Primary PGCE in September. Getting a little bit worried because I'll be working for full time until a week before the course begins and I've had no time to read anything yet!

My uni lists the reading as optional, but there's a log to keep of what we've done so it definitely doesn't feel optional!

But super excited apart from that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaMilano)
    I'll be starting Primary PGCE in September. Getting a little bit worried because I'll be working for full time until a week before the course begins and I've had no time to read anything yet!

My uni lists the reading as optional, but there's a log to keep of what we've done so it definitely doesn't feel optional!

But super excited apart from that!
    Don't worry, if they say optional it's fine, even then you won't be the only one not to do all of it. It's probably just so you can easily recall notes etc... When you get in to it this summers reading will seem so long ago!!!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello to everyone who is beginning their PGCE in September. I am doing a primary pgce at Reading Who else is v nervous but also excited?! What have you guys been doing to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie543)
    Hello to everyone who is beginning their PGCE in September. I am doing a primary pgce at Reading Who else is v nervous but also excited?! What have you guys been doing to prepare?
    Hello everyone else who's starting in September I've been working my way through the summer assignments they gave us and buying a bit of stationery and that, but apart from that just been chilling and enjoying a stress free summer! I am so nervous/excited too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily131)
    Hello everyone else who's starting in September I've been working my way through the summer assignments they gave us and buying a bit of stationery and that, but apart from that just been chilling and enjoying a stress free summer! I am so nervous/excited too!!
    We have just hadto do lots of reading and subject tasks. Good luck with the essays! I have been buying stationary too! Where are you doing your PGCE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily131)
    Oh well same for me, no essays but loads of reading, reflective writing and subject knowledge slightly freaking out about my lack of Science knowledge though! I bought a pretty good Science book off Amazon so I guess that will be my bedtime reading lol. doing my PGCE oop north in the same city where I went to uni! And you're at Reading? My friend just finished her Primary PGCE at Reading and it sounds like it was really good
    Ah, my science needs brushing up on too! It is hard trying to revise a subject when you hated it at school, haha. Yeah, Reading Ah, brilliant! I am hoping I enjoy it then!

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone have a look over my linkedin profile that I'll be using for teaching and see what they think. I have to provide one for HMC Teacher Training https://uk.linkedin.com/in/joshuadavidwood

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.