Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you listening to right now? IV Watch

ReputationRep:
    Foster The People - Helena Beat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shippy)
    the adventures of rain dance maggie by RHCP... I really don't know how I feel about it
    It sounds really empty without frusciante playing, I've heard the whole album a few times now and there's definitely a frusciante-shaped hole in the music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norlami)
    It sounds really empty without frusciante playing, I've heard the whole album a few times now and there's definitely a frusciante-shaped hole in the music
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole album yet :/ Frusciante is such a legend though, incredible musician. Listening to the single I know what you mean about there being a frusciante-shaped hole, there was just something missing. It's always strange when RHCP do something new, because since Blood Sugar Sex Magick, no two albums have been the same in style I think, which is good but also can lead to disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shippy)
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole album yet :/ Frusciante is such a legend though, incredible musician. Listening to the single I know what you mean about there being a frusciante-shaped hole, there was just something missing. It's always strange when RHCP do something new, because since Blood Sugar Sex Magick, no two albums have been the same in style I think, which is good but also can lead to disappointment.
    They definitely like to explore different sounds which is alright in an experimental way and can sometimes be fun to listen to, but frusciante leaving again doesn't really help things - it happened before though back in 1992 and they got through it then, so who knows :/

ReputationRep:
    Kate Nash - Merry Happy

:flutter:

Loveeeeeeeee herrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norlami)
    They definitely like to explore different sounds which is alright in an experimental way and can sometimes be fun to listen to, but frusciante leaving again doesn't really help things - it happened before though back in 1992 and they got through it then, so who knows :/
    Yeah, I admire them purely on the fact that they don't just stick to one thing and it shows their talent collectively, but I do agree with you about Frusciante, it's not great that he's left again but they may just pull it off without him, we'll see!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Cuckoo - Belle and Sebastian.

Such an amazing song <3

ReputationRep:
    What the Water Gave Me - Florence and the Machine can't get it out of my head at thr moment

ReputationRep:
    Dustbowl Dance- Mumford and Sons.

I think it's my favourite song of theirs.

ReputationRep:
    Just Jack – Goth In The Disco

ReputationRep:
    Transmission - Joy Division

ReputationRep:
    Sparky's Dream - Teenage Fanclub.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    I'm a Cuckoo - Belle and Sebastian.

Such an amazing song &lt;3
    Was listening to this non-stop today - great song, great album

ReputationRep:
    The Smiths - This Charming Man

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'll Die For You - Lil Wayne

Cochise - Audioslave

ReputationRep:
    Carey Brothers - Ride

ReputationRep:
    The Shins

New Slang (The video is from Garden State which is a remarkable movie by Zach Braff).

Caring is Creepy

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.