Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Interested to know why 09craige thinks banking deregulation is a bad thing on a non-results oriented basis. It's not a conclusion I disagree with (though all regulation has to be careful), but at the moment she's coming across like someone whose opinions on economics come not from economic understanding, but rather some spurious blogger like Guido Fawkes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I think the fact that he's Scottish or that he suffered an injury to his eye when he was young has little bearing on his ability as an individual. There's also no doubt - whether you disagree with him politically or with the decisions he's made - that he is a very intelligent person. I think Gordon Brown is one of the more tragic figures of modern British politics. He was blinded by his ambition and let that get in the way of the real good he was capable of. He was torn apart by the media in a time when charisma mattered more than vision. And yet he weathered the storm during one of the greatest economic crises we've face and was still able to galvanise support for the Union during the Scottish Referendum.
    Who's going to complete their shadow cabinet first, you or Corbyn?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Who's going to complete their shadow cabinet first, you or Corbyn?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not under imminent threat of being deposed and thus have the luxury of taking the time to make the best choices.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not under imminent threat of being deposed and thus have the luxury of taking the time to make the best choices.
    Can you be sure? People would be foolish to show you their plans before they knew they would win.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Can you be sure? People would be foolish to show you their plans before they knew they would win.
    'They' would be even more foolish to think they ever could win.

ReputationRep:
    Tell that to the RL Labour MPs.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cBay)
    Tell that to the RL Labour MP's.
    True. Calling someone up at 1am to tell them you don't have confidence in them... Tbh I would have fired the guy just for waking me up.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    True. Calling someone up at 1am to tell them you don't have confidence in them... Tbh I would have fired the guy just for waking me up.
    Ray=Corbyn confirmed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I don't think RL Labour MPs are the most intelligent people around.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think RL Labour MPs are the most intelligent people around.
    Hear hear!

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out?! :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    How did you find out?! :ninjagirl:
    The question you should be asking is what don't I know
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    I expect the plan is to force him to resign unable to form a shadow cabinet and make sure whoever's turn it is this time round doesn't get the nomination

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I hazzer1998 is calling on the Speaker to make UKIP the official Opposition of this house , The Labour Has proven the inability to form a shadow cabinet and this role should be taken by a party that will hold the government to account
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I hazzer1998 is calling on the Speaker to make UKIP the official Opposition of this house , The Labour Has proven the inability to form a shadow cabinet and this role should be taken by a party that will hold the government to account
    1) I presume you've seen how that has ended up for Angus Robertson?

2) Please revise your conjugation of the present tense of the verb "to be".

ReputationRep:
    Why this is in our Q&A thread and not say the ask the speak thread I have no idea, as a question to us, the labour party, I feel I can reply with a resounding get on your bike and because we are going no where (well except into Government next term of course )
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Why this is in our Q&A thread and not say the ask the speak thread I have no idea, as a question to us, the labour party, I feel I can reply with a resounding get on your bike and because we are going no where (well except into Government next term of course )
    I think you mean his gas-guzzling car, getting on his bike would be too much like supporting climate change combatting initiatives for a kipper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    We do have a Shadow Cabinet though... If you check our Q&A it's up to date - it just hasn't been reshuffled.

ReputationRep:
    I mean I know we had all probably guessed it anyway, but here is the evidence that Blair's cronies are behind the coup on Corbyn: http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/t...red-exclusive/

thoughts?

#Chilcot2016
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    We do have a Shadow Cabinet though... If you check our Q&A it's up to date - it just hasn't been reshuffled.
    When the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills published a review the shadow minister could not be bothered to comment on it, and when the Ministry of Defence tabled a report the shadow minister's interaction was one sentence commenting on Trident: the TSR Labour Party should be ashamed at the behaviour of shadow ministers to not challenge the government ministers. As TSR Labour leader, stop defending the indefensible, do you job properly as a shadow minister, and motivate your other shadow minsters to take their positions seriously.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.