The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by B-Stacks
Someone tell me what is so good a bout Javi Martinez that everyone loves and what makes him so different? Because I genuinely don't see it nor understand the hype with him. If you ask me Schneiderlin does the exact same job, plays quite similar to him.

Edit: don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on our team. Just want to know what makes him so special to the other DMs other than the price tag he went for and playing for Bayern

Posted from TSR Mobile

height, strength, positioning, aerial ability, technique, versatility
If Arsenal came second and could have won the league on the last day of the season they would be gassed beyond belief, so don't talk like it's not warranted, especially to you guys since some of you on here have some deep superiority complex and would rub any type of achievement in everyone's faces given the opportunity.

You won't catch many of us bragging bar SUG, and if we do maybe like once or twice, so don't exaggerate.

inb4 marble rooms, history and class.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
To be honest it feels like even though UTD have submerged down to 7th place, feels like they got off lightly with all the WUMing compared to Arsenal. Still think we are the club everyone enjoys hating tbh :lol:

Anyone up for plugdj

They just accepted it though, which killed the fun. Had they not they probs would have got it hard.

Fyi, you're not the club everyone enjoys hating, I actually quite like Arsenal as a club. You're the fans everyone enjoys hating.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by So Instinct
If Arsenal came second and could have won the league on the last day of the season they would be gassed beyond belief, so don't talk like it's not warranted, especially to you guys since some of you on here have some deep superiority complex and would rub any type of achievement in everyone's faces given the opportunity.

You won't catch many of us bragging bar SUG, and if we do maybe like once or twice, so don't exaggerate.

Tbh found loads of Liverpool fans bragging, not just on TSR but everywhere. Not saying it's a bad thing since you were in a position to do so

You're the fans everyone enjoys hating.

Same could be said for Liverpool
Does anyone know how good chatzitheodoridis is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't even find much about this guy really

Lol really are you sure?

They just accepted it though, which killed the fun. Had they not they probs would have got it hard.

Fyi, you're not the club everyone enjoys hating, I actually quite like Arsenal as a club. You're the fans everyone enjoys hating.

I could say the same thing as well like Liverpool but your fans....

I like Arsenal fans tbh. I don't see what's wrong with them. They have good values and provide me with great entertainment.
Original post by AR_95
Tbh found loads of Liverpool fans bragging, not just on TSR but everywhere. Not saying it's a bad thing since you were in a position to do so

It shouldn't be an issue then. You lot seem quite outraged at LFC fans doing something you yourselves would do in the very same position.

Some people don't like LFC fans because suddenly they're not the quiet easy targets they were when they finished 7th. This season they've barked as much as any other top 4 side in the country does and it's become some sort of issue that LFC fans are labelled with.

I barely talk about our relative success this season to other fans yet all I see are other fans saying that's all we talk about, really and truly the only person that probably talks about it in here is SUG.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Lol really are you sure?

I could say the same thing as well like Liverpool but your fans....

Pls show me, I am very interested to see this.

I haven't stated you couldn't say the same thing about LFC fans. Just correcting the mistake, though I love how defensive you guys got.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
I like Arsenal fans tbh. I don't see what's wrong with them. They have good values and provide me with great entertainment.

Oh they provide everyone with great entertainment, trust.
Tbh the only Liverpool fan I like on this site is probably Luke.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea how good (or not) he is, but he was brought over from one of our academies in Greece (Arsenal Elite Academy). He must be of a pretty decent standard, though, if we were prepared to offer him a scholarship. Sames goes for the other Greek kid, Savvas.
Speaking of our academy, it's undergoing huge changes, a complete restructuring. All senior staff have either been sacked or not had their contracts renewed for the forthcoming season, including Roy Massey, who was partly responsible for identifying and signing Wilshere from Luton. We're investing a ****load of resources into it.
Original post by DisconcertingWink1
Speaking of our academy, it's undergoing huge changes, a complete restructuring. All senior staff have either been sacked or not had their contracts renewed for the forthcoming season, including Roy Massey, who was partly responsible for identifying and signing Wilshere from Luton. We're investing a ****load of resources into it.

Source?
Reply 7175
Yh source because last I checked steve gatting was staying (he's one that desperately needs to go). Jonker has brought in some coaches to work with people within the setup rather than replace people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
Yh source because last I checked steve getting was staying (his one that desperately needs to go). Jonker has brought in some coaches to work with people within the setup rather than replace people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you watching USA Vs Nigeria?

You literally made an entire thread dedicated to the so called 'seasonal Arsenal meltdown'. You're the ****ing worst of the lot.
Reply 7178
Original post by sevchenko
Are you watching USA Vs Nigeria?

No might tune in for second half. Shoala Ameobi though :biggrin:
Original post by AR_95
Source?

A few AST members were told it by one of our directors. It's all over twitter. Basically, Andries Jonker, the new Head of the Academy, is overhauling the whole setup, with the help of Steve Morrow (new Head of Youth Scouting) and some guy who was running Barnet's academy. A new facility has also been built (pic below).

It's been needed for a long time apparently. We've lost some really good coaches and influential scouts over the past few years because of a so-called clique at Hale End (our Academy site). I mean, we very nearly lost top academy status because we failed an FA audit, but escaped that fate when we promised to make changes. It's a probably a reaction, as well, to the fact that Chelsea are beginning to get a stranglehold in certain London districts.

Latest