Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perihelion)
    How long does it take for UBS to reply after their phone interview? Had one for CSS two weeks ago loll should i just assume im rejected? Also did anyone hear anything from RBS?
    (Original post by stabilo1)
    I interviewed just over two weeks ago (weds) for risk and haven't heard anything either, kind of assuming a rejection tbh
    Had an interview with RBS on the 26th of Jan. They got back within 3 days, as promised. They said I met their benchmark requirements for the interview and will confirm whether or not I have been offered a place on the Spring programme in February (the interviewer told me that this is the case since they have many suitable candidates who have got past the telephone interview and will therefore have to shortlist further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beufen)
    How long before hearing from MS after final round interview?
    It's been over a month since mine so I'm probably expecting a rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone know dates for Nomura spring insight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aa12345)
    Still waiting for Goldman Sachs decision (Tech). Do you think I should email them and ask about any updates?
    My friend's sister got offered this last week (summer analyst) process took 2 weeks :/ Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who want to be traders within Investment Banks, I think this is a good talk to watch:

Don't take what he says as complete gospel but he does raise some very meaningful points which I can verify through personal experiences.

Some of those points are the main reasons why I chose against aiming for a career focusing around the secondary markets.

ReputationRep:
    had my MS final interview 22nd jan... it's been over two weeks without hearing from them ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beufen)
    anyone know dates for Nomura spring insight?
    7th - 9th April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hobes1)
    7th - 9th April.
    cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm currently in my last year of sixth form and I would like to apply for the J.P. Morgan School Insight Programme. I was wondering if anyone got into this programme last year and can help me?

Thanks in advance!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie_m14)
    Just a heads up for the HSBC 1st year internship, HR likes the values side and WHY HSBC a lot. So if you mention things like their flagship water programme and other charity stuff they like that a lot, (if the 1st Year Internship is like the School leaver insight programme you will even spend a day raising money for charity). But most of the interview will be comp/motivational, so make sure you can nail these, then know what HSBC does, who they are and their strengths (Asian origin and global presence means for strong for international clients/customers = service in most countries that mean anything, etc etc)

They will be expecting to say that you want to do follow-on internships and grad scheme...so saying you are only doing fill the summer/money will be shooting yourself in the foot!

You need to be a 1st year of a 3yr course or a 2nd year of a 4yr course.

Dates are 29 June - 21 August

Good luck!!

(Just so you don't think I'm talking out my a.... , I did their School Leaver Insight Programme over the summer and have got an offer for their 1st Year Internship)
    What do you mean by comp/motivational?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajsuni)
    What do you mean by comp/motivational?
    Competency questions:

Tell me about a time where you worked in a team?
    Tell me about a time where you changed someone's opinion?
    Tell me about a time when you used your initiative?

Motivational questions:

What interests you about a career in banking?
    For what reason do you keep up to date with the news?
    What drives you to succeed?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone already did final round in Barclays? Are questions similar to first round or final interview is more technical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Competency questions:

Tell me about a time where you worked in a team?
    Tell me about a time where you changed someone's opinion?
    Tell me about a time when you used your initiative?

Motivational questions:

What interests you about a career in banking?
    For what reason do you keep up to date with the news?
    What drives you to succeed?
    @ajsuni - what he said

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from GS operations division?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from GS technology. As expected really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Durexal)
    Rejection from GS technology. As expected really.
    Sorry to hear that bro. Nonetheless, all the best with your other applications!

ReputationRep:
    BNP fast tracks to summer this year! F yeah

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got a mail from RBS saying you met their minimum criteria for like the 5th time?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from GS tech as well, I guess everyone who did not get a call last week are rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Sorry to hear that bro. Nonetheless, all the best with your other applications!
    Thanks mate. Appreciate it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.