Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    How are they expected to develop their stadium if they drop down to the Football League again? Sustained PL status will give them the stability to build on Turf Moor.

That's what real stadiums are like kids, not the marble floor & silver ****ters you probably have in the Emirates
    yeah horrible having a world class modern stadium when we could have views like as at other PL grounds:

ReputationRep:
    How are they expected to develop their stadium if they drop down to the Football League again? Sustained PL status will give them the stability to build on Turf Moor.

That's what real stadiums are like kids, not the marble floor & silver ****ters you probably have in the Emirates
    I hate the Emirates and the type of fan that it attracts. I'm all for real stadiums and wish we'd stayed at Highbury. I was just saying the toilets in Turf Moor are awful, because they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    yeah horrible having a world class modern stadium when we could have views like as at other PL grounds:
    Where did I say that? In a perfect world, the entire top flight would have stadiums like the Emirates. But they don't, and that doesn't mean they deserve to be in a lower division.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    I hate the Emirates and the type of fan that it attracts. I'm all for real stadiums and wish we'd stayed at Highbury. I was just saying the toilets in Turf Moor are awful, because they are.
    Many people say traditional English grounds naturally give rise to an proper authentic atmosphere and if we had stayed at Highbury the atmosphere would have been better. In some cases this is true, Palace and QPR come to mind but at some top clubs with traditional grounds such as Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd the atmosphere is just as bad if not worse than the Emirates. All of those clubs have tried initiatives to boost atmosphere ranging from making singing sections to handing out foam fingers.

(Original post by al_94)
    This thread is dead people only post on matchday
    I rather the thread was dead than it being filled with pointless trolling, bad WUMming and non arsenal related BS tbh. I only want decent football discussion on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I rather the thread was dead than it being filled with pointless trolling, bad WUMming and non arsenal related BS tbh. I only want decent football discussion on here
    Yeah I agree but since I said that people have started commenting it should be like that more often.

ReputationRep:
    Love this guy, true beast.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why on earth but The sun are linking us to sign James Milner. It's not something I'd be against, considering he'd be a free transfer and would be a good player for depth especially considering how versatile he is. I just hope it doesn't interfere with our plans of buying a CM but I doubt Wenger rates Milner THAT highly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Don't know why on earth but The sun are linking us to sign James Milner. It's not something I'd be against, considering he'd be a free transfer and would be a good player for depth especially considering how versatile he is. I just hope it doesn't interfere with our plans of buying a CM but I doubt Wenger rates Milner THAT highly.
    Buy another CM, yet we let Chelsea have fabregas :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGuyRik)
    Buy another CM, yet we let Chelsea have fabregas :/

Fabregas would have been nice but we need someone with more defensive attributes to their game too like Sncheiderlin etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Fabregas would have been nice but we need someone with more defensive attributes to their game too like Sncheiderlin etc
    Yh then we need a CDM. But nah letting cesc go to chelsea was a crime. Its a offence.

ReputationRep:
    not convinced on milner.. sure he is free.. but hes on what, 120k at city? that would make him our 3rd highest paid player.. behind ozil and sanchez.

Way to much for someone who would surely only be a squad player..

- though if he were to take a wage cut.. he could be very useful

ReputationRep:
    Just seen sky sports tweet we are amongst other clubs to make an offer for Cleverley wth lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Just seen sky sports tweet we are amongst other clubs to make an offer for Cleverley wth lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really hope not.

what is it with us and english united players at the moment.. welbeck, smalling and now cleverly

ReputationRep:
    Milner would be a good capture.

Walcott has opened talks to discuss his future at Arsenal over the next two weeks too.

And Dortmund have called a press conference at 12:30pm (UK time) and it widely believed to announce the imminent departure of Klopp which has set Piers Moron off on Twitter and the rest of the #WengerOut brigade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    not convinced on milner.. sure he is free.. but hes on what, 120k at city? that would make him our 3rd highest paid player.. behind ozil and sanchez.

Way to much for someone who would surely only be a squad player..

- though if he were to take a wage cut.. he could be very useful

There's no chance he'd be on £120k here, most likely around 80/90k but I don't see it being any higher. That's why I thought he'd be a better fit at Liverpool though as they're more likely to start him often than we are.

ReputationRep:
    klopp expected to say he wants time away from football before managing again.. so anyone wanting him to replace wenger straight away, will be dissapointed.

I would like him to come to the PL though.. just for his personality.. but I am not entirely convinced about arsenal

ReputationRep:
    And Dortmund have called a press conference at 12:30pm (UK time) and it widely believed to announce the imminent departure of Klopp which has set Piers Moron off on Twitter and the rest of the #WengerOut brigade.
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    klopp expected to say he wants time away from football before managing again.. so anyone wanting him to replace wenger straight away, will be dissapointed.

I would like him to come to the PL though.. just for his personality.. but I am not entirely convinced about arsenal
    Not sold on Klopp AT ALL. If he's struggling in the Bundesliga then I can only imagine how he'd cope with the premier league. Wenger's done well to keep the team near enough a title challenge this season and last, and I only see us improving next year (now that we actually have the depth and quality). I feel Klopp would be a step backwards for a year or two and there's no reason to do so. UTD/Liverpool/Soton/City/Chelsea all edging for the title/top four so if we were to make such a drastic managerial change, I could see us potentially dropping out of the top four which is too much of a risk to take.

It's not that I'm holding my breath over Wenger making us title challengers either, but I'd rather stay close to around 2nd/3rd then miss out on CL altogether.
    The right time will come to replace Wenger and even though I'm WengerOut, now isn't the time.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Cleverly is just as likely of happening as Zigic was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Lol Cleverly is just as likely of happening as Zigic was.

Before his contract with Birmingham expired at the end of the 13/14 season, he was apparently on £60k a week and refused to take a pay cut with Birmingham being unable to shift him on due to his hefty wage demands, almost brought the entire club down when they were in the **** financially. He's nothing special anyway & never was.

ReputationRep:
    embarrassing for sky to even put that up tbh. i'm more intrigued as to who will replace klopp at dortmund cos he's not going to jump in and replace wenger so don't really care what else he does.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.