Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I thought it was the best ending, riddled with emotion, the delivery of the line was perfect.

And I wouldn't say that 'he wasn't going' or that 'still the same person with a different face'. If you'd watched the cafe scene with Wilfred then he covered what regeneration felt like. Despite being a new face and 'same person' - it's still like dying, he described it bitterly as a new man goes sauntering off with the new body. And that part was deliberate on RTD's doing. He set it up so you knew the regeneration was essentially him dying but at the same time, not dying. The implication is that the memories are retained whilst a new body and personality is created - and I wouldn't say that was the same person.
    Thats just the current series interpetation though and next time he regenerates it may be a different description.

Its more than just memories though, the morals and base parts of him are transferred else every time he regenerates theres nothing stopping him being as evil as the Master or the Daleks
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone listened to the new soundtrack yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaran-j)
    Anyone listened to the new soundtrack yet?
    When was the new soundtrack released
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by wizard710)
    When was the new soundtrack released
    Today. I got my copy from Amazon this morning.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was the best ending, riddled with emotion, the delivery of the line was perfect.

And I wouldn't say that 'he wasn't going' or that 'still the same person with a different face'. If you'd watched the cafe scene with Wilfred then he covered what regeneration felt like. Despite being a new face and 'same person' - it's still like dying, he described it bitterly as a new man goes sauntering off with the new body. And that part was deliberate on RTD's doing. He set it up so you knew the regeneration was essentially him dying but at the same time, not dying. The implication is that the memories are retained whilst a new body and personality is created - and I wouldn't say that was the same person.
    I would think that Jon Pertwee's ending was much better, the regeneration sequence was rubbish, but his final lines were very powerful.

I suppose the whole idea of new person walking off is true, but it every regeneration so far there hasn't been such a massive deal made of it. I suppose I'm too set in my views with Old Who. I think it was mainly the fact it took him about 5 minutes to die!

ReputationRep:
    I've just been browsing Youtube and found this (old) video so forgive me for bringing it up. It's quite possible that Moffat has discussed a role in Doctor Who with Benedict (Sherlock from the new BBC TV series), and judging by the way he keeps stressing "Not AN episode of Doctor Who, no"...it certainly makes you speculate. If he was to feature in Doctor Who, would you guys prefer him as the Doctor, or a more bad guy role like the Master?

You might be on to something there. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    All British TV stars turn up in all British TV shows eventually, just be patient.

(Original post by SirMasterKey)
    You might be on to something there. :holmes:
    Would you prefer him as the Doctor, or a villain role like the Master? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Would you prefer him as the Doctor, or a villain role like the Master? :holmes:
    Omega. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    The BBC have yet to confirm a date, but Starz have revealed that they will be airing Torchwood: Miracle Day on the 8th of July. I expect a UK date to be around the same time - either simulcast here first or we get it a few days earlier.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s8/...-air-date.html

ReputationRep:
    Are Torchwood doing another series like last time or are they going back to the traditional set-up?

New teaser trailer, something standing behind the Doctor. Does not look like the Ood, people speculating it is a Silent. :shock:

BBC said they were releasing trailers with variations (deliberate?). One of them has someone standing behind...

BBC 1 trailer screencap

BBC 2 trailer screencap with figure

Same figure from the Christmas trailer? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Are Torchwood doing another series like last time or are they going back to the traditional set-up?
    Miracle Day will be a serial story, consisting of 10 episodes.

@Ape: Hmm, does indeed look like the "gray" in previous trailers, which people speculated to be at least one incarnation of The Silence. Since we've thought that they're non-corporeal and so can take many forms.

(Original post by LastLordofTime)
    @Ape: Hmm, does indeed look like the "gray" in previous trailers, which people speculated to be at least one incarnation of The Silence. Since we've thought that they're non-corporeal and so can take many forms.
    Yup, and it definitely seems to be one. There is a highly reliable source on another forum, someone who is always right/works in some manner on DW.

(Original post by From the guy on the other forum)
    That's a Silent, folks. Terrifying now, and even more terrifying when you find out what they are.

It looks like the Ood to me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    It looks like the Ood to me. :dontknow:
    It really doesn't. The lack of focus makes it look like the shirt's collar and tie are Ood Tentacles, but when you look closer the shape just doesn't match up.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a generic 'Roswell' alien tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    It looks like a generic 'Roswell' alien tbh.
    Yes, it looks like a gray, but people think that The Silence are at least choosing to look like them.

ReputationRep:
    Silents can change form, we've deduced that. There is something else though, there must be to make them that big of a deal.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.