Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Probably try and get #5 (McNabb @ Eagles). However, a LB currently has it. Probably end up with some **** number no one else wanted.
    Pssh, screw that.
    Tell him you're taking it.

This whole "brand new" team thing actually works out quite well for people finding themselves on newly formed teams, less people to compete for places against, and then there are less people who want your preferred jeresy number (which is 60% of winning.)

18, 16, 24 or 8.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Oh I've never thought about this until you guys discussed it, but is number relevant to your position? Or is it about prefence?
    http://football.about.com/cs/footbal...mbersystem.htm

ReputationRep:
    Oh I've never thought about this until you guys discussed it, but is number relevant to your position? Or is it about prefence?
    I'd always thought it had to be within certain numbers for certain positions (i.e. QB1-19 DB 56-76 ect) but it doesn't seem to be :dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    I'd always thought it had to be within certain numbers for certain positions (i.e. QB1-19 DB 56-76 ect) but it doesn't seem to be :dontknow:
    See above post.

ReputationRep:
    Oh hell yeah, I can have number 10, my favourite number going by that!! But I doubt uni level won't matter lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    See above post.
    Ah right, thanks :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Both. However at uni level it doesn't matter. It's only the NFL when players take position specific numbers.

Here is a breakdown:

QB 1-19
    RB 20-49
    WR 10-19 & 80-89
    TE 80-89 (if any of those are unavailable it is 40 - 49)
    OL 60-79
    DL 90-99
    LB 50-59 & 90-99
    CB 20-39
    S 20-49

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    Both. However at uni level it doesn't matter. It's only the NFL when players take position specific numbers.

Here is a breakdown:

QB 1-19
    RB 20-49
    WR 10-19 & 80-89
    TE 80-89 (if any of those are unavailable it is 40 - 49)
    OL 60-79
    DL 90-99
    LB 50-59 & 90-99
    CB 20-39
    S 20-49
    I expect 10, 45 or 90. If anyone at uni has those ones, there's gonna be a gridiron fight and I'll take it from there dead bodies Anyone want free tickets if that goes down? lol

ReputationRep:
    I expect 10, 45 or 90. If anyone at uni has those ones, there's gonna be a gridiron fight and I'll take it from there dead bodies Anyone want free tickets if that goes down? lol
    kind of do haha

where in the west midlands r u?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    x
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

ReputationRep:
    kind of do haha

where in the west midlands r u?
    haha

I'm in the Worcestershire area, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
    It's the best saying I've ever heard in my life. It's so bloody true! A lot of people I know don't understand it though :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    It's the best saying I've ever heard in my life. It's so bloody true! A lot of people I know don't understand it though :rolleyes:
    It really is an amazing movie too. Never in anyone's "Top 10" etc.

ReputationRep:
    Coach Carter, Gridiron Gang and Invincible are my top 3 movies ever. Yeah, I love inspirational sports films, it shows you can do it with hard work.

I heard that saying and understood it straight away and that's just my favourite saying ever.

ReputationRep:
    Our Papa, Who art a Bear, Halas be thy name,
    Thy championship come, Thy play be run, At home as it is away,
    Give us this day our Sunday win, And forgive us our turnovers,
    As we pounce on those who turnover against us,
    And lead us not into punt formation, But deliver us from Rodgers.
    In the name of the Ditka, the Butkus & the Holy Payton, for ever and ever.
    DA BEARS.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hester_23)
    Our Papa, Who art a Bear, Halas be thy name,
    Thy championship come, Thy play be run, At home as it is away,
    Give us this day our Sunday win, And forgive us our turnovers,
    As we pounce on those who turnover against us,
    And lead us not into punt formation, But deliver us from Rodgers.
    In the name of the Ditka, the Butkus & the Holy Payton, for ever and ever.
    DA BEARS.
    Haha. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    haha

I'm in the Worcestershire area, you?
    same haha. worcester actually.

ReputationRep:
    same haha. worcester actually.
    Holy moly how close are you haha! I'm from Kidderminster? ( YES that poo hole! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    How come it was called off?
    Sorry, i had a housing meeting for next year with my mates

And because only 13 were due to attend, need far more than that tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Holy moly how close are you haha! I'm from Kidderminster? ( YES that poo hole! )
    :/

lolz. my step dad used to live there. well, wolverly actually, but pretty much kiddy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.