Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Are you male or female, BTW? I would still encourage you to apply in yr2 even if you're male, for the sake of experience. You may be forced to give up the offer, but the entire application process is an experience you'll enjoy.
    I would strongly advise you AGAINST this unless you're applying for the PSC/SAFOS/SPFOS scholarships as well. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to get an offer and then be made to drop it altogether. The only exception would be to apply to colleges that allow 2-year deferments (email them in advance to enquire on their policies), but DON'T make an open application if you're applying in Year 2! You can apply again in the 1st and 2nd year of NS again after all.

ReputationRep:
    I should once again extend the invitation to join the Singapore Kopitiam society on TSR! :cool:

Click here: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=348 :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    I would strongly advise you AGAINST this unless you're applying for the PSC/SAFOS/SPFOS scholarships as well. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to get an offer and then be made to drop it altogether. The only exception would be to apply to colleges that allow 2-year deferments (email them in advance to enquire on their policies), but DON'T make an open application if you're applying in Year 2! You can apply again in the 1st and 2nd year of NS again after all.
    Uh, why not? Give some reasons. It's better to get an offer (and the experience in the process) and be forced to drop it... than to not go through the entire process or secure any offer at all. It's not like his chances would be hurt when he re-applies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Uh, why not? Give some reasons. It's better to get an offer (and the experience in the process) and be forced to drop it... than to not go through the entire process or secure any offer at all. It's not like his chances would be hurt when he re-applies.
    then, don't apply to oxf lor!
    cambridge has a better reputation for holding places for 2 years. selected colleges only, though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. The Other Place isn't very appealing anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMS)
    hi!

with NS at its current duration, you might be able to start school only 1 year later than the girls. and you could consider skipping the first few weeks of school if you can't make it to the uk so soon. i know someone who's going to do that.

oh and i'm assuming you're of the male persuasion.
    erm...what do you mean "with NS at its current duration"? It is still 2 years long right?

Anyway, I really wish to be able to get into Oxford (for some reason):p:

ReputationRep:
    it's already a little less than 2 years and decreasing further, i think.

oxford is uglier than cambridge imo, and i think stuff costs more there as well. then again, it's got an o'neill's (not sure about cam in this respect)

ReputationRep:
    come to think of it, some seniors made me a list of nice pubs to visit in oxbridge, but i threw it away not long ago. OOPS. maybe you or whoever else going there could approach them if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMS)
    it's already a little less than 2 years and decreasing further, i think.

oxford is uglier than cambridge imo, and i think stuff costs more there as well. then again, it's got an o'neill's (not sure about cam in this respect)
    It's 2 years now (1 year 10 months for those who achieved NAPHA Silver or better in JC2), and there is absolutely NO rumour whatsoever of it being reduced anytime soon (I also highly doubt it considering the manpower crisis we are in now anyway).
    (Original post by CMS)
    come to think of it, some seniors made me a list of nice pubs to visit in oxbridge, but i threw it away not long ago. OOPS. maybe you or whoever else going there could approach them if you're interested.
    I'm sure those on the Oxford forum on TSR can give you similar, if not better recommendations. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    It's 2 years now (1 year 10 months for those who achieved NAPHA Silver or better in JC2), and there is absolutely NO rumour whatsoever of it being reduced anytime soon (I also highly doubt it considering the manpower crisis we are in now anyway).I'm sure those on the Oxford forum on TSR can give you similar, if not better recommendations. :yy:
    NAPFA. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You are just about as pedantic as the people from The Other Place.

ReputationRep:
    pendant. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    pendant. :rolleyes:
    pedant.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Gah.:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Gah.:banghead:
    lol. pendant.

-swings a pendant by its chains-

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from a friend's farewell dinner... wow, this has been one great weekend! :cool:

And the following week looks all set to be great!

Has anyone seen The Breakup? I caught it earlier today afternoon.... gah, I almost pulled out all my hair! Tensions in the movie predictably escalated and you're forced to spend the rest of the movie pretending like you care if the couple get back together. Do they? You have to watch it to know for yourself...... but suffice to say, I left the movie feeling disheartened, disappointed, and EMPTY! :p:

ReputationRep:
    right, that's one movie off the 'to watch' list then.

Anyone caught tokyo drift? maybe it's just me, but i havn't had so much fun watching a movie for a loooooooooong time :p:

ReputationRep:
    right, that's one movie off the 'to watch' list then.

Anyone caught tokyo drift? maybe it's just me, but i havn't had so much fun watching a movie for a loooooooooong time :p:
    What?

I haven't seen it myself, but most people I've spoken to haven't come out of a movie feeling as robbed!

ReputationRep:
    only happens if you go in EXPECTING something. I was dragged there against my will, demanding to know how ANY movie about fast cars and girls could be any good.

But ohhh drifting

ReputationRep:
    only happens if you go in EXPECTING something. I was dragged there against my will, demanding to know how ANY movie about fast cars and girls could be any good.

But ohhh drifting
    Pun intended?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.