Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raheem786)
    What about the hundreds of atrocities committed by Opposition forces?

(I am all for Assad leaving, but I don't believe now is the time, not during the civil war, all fighting must end first and only then should a new government form.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So keeping bashar is going to end the fighting somehow? Bizarre idea.

Bashar is part of this so how can he resolve this mess, if he is the one causing lets say, the majority of suffering? This will never resolve until bashar goes..evidence...2 years? why hasnt it resolved? How long does it take to kill 23 million people? why is it taking so long?

I tell you why because he can kill them, he can kill their children he can rape their wives and daughters, he can mutilate them, he can scar them for life...But he cannot shut them up...there is no more fear!

You are making it out as if this revolution is just rebels I suggest you read my previous posts or some other source you fancy and you will find out this revolution was started by a wee school kid...Its nothing like egypt or Iraq. For one, its a sectarian war where so far 200,000 muslims have been killed, Bashar's aim is to wipe them from the face of earth....but from what we have seen he has failed so far. SO maybe another chemical attack might do it...maybe another MIG on schools? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Why dont the UK attack isreal. They have killed millions yet no cares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because the Americans pump billions of pounds worth of money into the country, and I'm pretty sure we can assume what quite a hefty sum of that goes on.

Oh, and they have nukes. Lots of nukes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    So keeping bashar is going to end the fighting somehow? Bizarre idea.

Bashar is part of this so how can he resolve this mess, if he is the one causing lets say, the majority of suffering? This will never resolve until bashar goes..evidence...2 years? why hasnt it resolved? How long does it take to kill 23 million people? why is it taking so long?

I tell you why because he can kill them, he can kill their children he can rape their wives and daughters, he can mutilate them, he can scar them for life...But he cannot shut them up...there is no more fear!

You are making it out as if this revolution is just rebels I suggest you read my previous posts or some other source you fancy and you will find out this revolution was started by a wee school kid...Its nothing like egypt or Iraq. For one, its a sectarian war where so far 200,000 muslims have been killed, Bashar's aim is to wipe them from the face of earth....but from what we have seen he has failed so far. SO maybe another chemical attack might do it...maybe another MIG on schools? :rolleyes:
    You say 200,000 Muslims have been killed, while the UN estimated half of that...

He has to stay in power for now, I'd rather him in power than some radical Islamist with extremist views. Do the rebels have a suitable candidate for leadership?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raheem786)
    Because the Americans pump billions of pounds worth of money into the country, and I'm pretty sure we can assume what quite a hefty sum of that goes on.

Oh, and they have nukes. Lots of nukes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes.. america is one corrupt place. It tries to intervene with the middle east uprising and says killing of these victims is wrong yet they know they fund the killings of innocent Palestinans. Hypocrisy and contradiction at its finest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes.. america is one corrupt place. It tries to intervene with the middle east uprising and says killing of these victims is wrong yet they know they fund the killings of innocent Palestinans. Hypocrisy and contradiction at its finest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *cough* leading to another thread on this forum : Why does everyone hate America?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why dont the UK attack isreal. They have killed millions yet no cares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    please tell me your trolling/joking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    please tell me your trolling/joking.
    Why would she be joking? Israel use chemical warfare against the Palestinians countless times yet the west stands by and does nothing. Israel have committed a genocide against the Palestinians yet the west does nothing: http://z.about.com/d/middleeast/1/0/...srael-pale.jpg

Isn't that the "red line" which countries cannot cross? There have also been 14 cases confirmed by the UN of use of chemical warfare by the rebels in Syria... no action taken. Now this recent incident which is supposed to have been conducted by Assad and all this uproar.. it's soo laughable beyond belief.

As I said before, zionist jews rules the world and should all be removed from the face of this earth.

ReputationRep:
    What about Asma al-Assad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordforce)
    You have to be a troll? Surely?

A UN report of what? Palestinians attacking Israel? It doesn't even merit a response but as I actually think you may not be aware - I'll tell you. Hamas, who are in power in Gaza, openly attack Israel with rockets. The evidence is so conclusive that I can't believe I'm debating this. Videos, witnesses, Hamas openly admitting it and their general rhetoric about destroying Israel.

The real question is whether Israel has a right to be there in the first place? Of course they do. They did not steal the land - in fact if anybody goes down that route then I'll simply respond that Jews had settled in Israel 2000 years ago - far before the Palestinians were there. Throughout human history, different civilisations have moved and redrawn borders (look at the world map 100 years ago) by warfare. Israel didn't even do it by warfare.

Do I agree with the treatment of Palestinians? That's different. And no, Israel have not killed millions - that is an outrageous and dangerous lie. What is happening to the Palestinians is not genecide, neither is it persecution. At the very worst, it is containment. Not even the other arabic nations will let the Palestinians in. Their borders are closed with Egypt and Jordan too.

Israel haven't forgotten about the holocaust, unlike the rest of the world. Their stance is based on protecting themselves and with countless arab nations openly talking of Israel's destruction, they cannot be blamed. The Palestinians are just a pawn in the game and I really pity their position.

The only solution will be the two state solution. But Israel will definitely need guarantees that that will be the end of the conflict and it won't be a case of the Palestinians and the rest of the world demanding the rest.

Saying all that, I have no idea why I just went off on one when you can't even spell.
    That has to be the best ending to a reply I've ever seen. *slow clap* :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  kfranbel.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  51.1 KB

LOL

Kafranbel are just classic.

ReputationRep:
    So the Americans wants to bomb Syria in order to stop Assad bombing his own people? **** logic, ey?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

The only solution will be the two state solution. But Israel will definitely need guarantees that that will be the end of the conflict and it won't be a case of the Palestinians and the rest of the world demanding the rest.
    The problem with this is that Israel continues to expand illegally, building settlements further and further into Palestinian territory and forcefully evicting innocent Palestinians who lived there for a very long time. How is it possible to have this solution when Israel is taking up all the land?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the genocide you've all been talking about is caused by the conflict between Sunnis and Alawites. Mr Assad is trying to protect his kind (Alawites), because they were suppressed a long long time ago. Where Sunnis are now being weakened and suppressed. And so they are against Mr Assad. But Mr Assad is fighting the war to protect his own power. People support him to protect themselves from long gone suppression of their kind.

ReputationRep:
    Assad is an international hero and celebrity

ReputationRep:
    You have to be a troll? Surely?

A UN report of what? Palestinians attacking Israel? It doesn't even merit a response but as I actually think you may not be aware - I'll tell you. Hamas, who are in power in Gaza, openly attack Israel with rockets. The evidence is so conclusive that I can't believe I'm debating this. Videos, witnesses, Hamas openly admitting it and their general rhetoric about destroying Israel.

The real question is whether Israel has a right to be there in the first place? Of course they do. They did not steal the land - in fact if anybody goes down that route then I'll simply respond that Jews had settled in Israel 2000 years ago - far before the Palestinians were there. Throughout human history, different civilisations have moved and redrawn borders (look at the world map 100 years ago) by warfare. Israel didn't even do it by warfare.

Do I agree with the treatment of Palestinians? That's different. And no, Israel have not killed millions - that is an outrageous and dangerous lie. What is happening to the Palestinians is not genecide, neither is it persecution. At the very worst, it is containment. Not even the other arabic nations will let the Palestinians in. Their borders are closed with Egypt and Jordan too.

Israel haven't forgotten about the holocaust, unlike the rest of the world. Their stance is based on protecting themselves and with countless arab nations openly talking of Israel's destruction, they cannot be blamed. The Palestinians are just a pawn in the game and I really pity their position.

Saying all that, I have no idea why I just went off on one when you can't even spell.
    All those rocket attacks by Hezbollah are entirely justified.

you see all those car bombings in lebanon supposedly commited by disgruntled sunnis? israel has a hand in all that. Same in syria, israel really is part of what you could describe as genocide of arabs because of the pipeline politics on one hand and because of surrounding states hostile to its warcrimes. They are not interested in peace talks.

Iran next.

(Original post by krischiu)
    I think the genocide you've all been talking about is caused by the conflict between Sunnis and Alawites. Mr Assad is trying to protect his kind (Alawites), because they were suppressed a long long time ago. Where Sunnis are now being weakened and suppressed. And so they are against Mr Assad. But Mr Assad is fighting the war to protect his own power. People support him to protect themselves from long gone suppression of their kind.
    What a load of gobbledygook regurgitated ad nauseam by the press.

has nothing to do with alawites or sunnis, has to do with wahhabi rats in there to kill based on sectarian lines.

the government of syria is a mashup of sunni and shia anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rovey)
    All those rocket attacks by Hezbollah are entirely justified.

you see all those car bombings in lebanon supposedly commited by disgruntled sunnis? israel has a hand in all that. Same in syria, israel really is part of what you could describe as genocide of arabs because of the pipeline politics on one hand and because of surrounding states hostile to its warcrimes. They are not interested in peace talks.

Iran next.
    Ok. If you could let me know what evidence you have of this other than a conspiracy based on blood sucking zionists? Seriously I'd love to see it. Even a potential motive on Israel's part?

From where I see it, when a sunni blows themself up in Lebanon, you have two options to believe.
    1) It actually was a sunni attacking shias in one of the most sectarians countries.
    2) It was Israel orchestrating a sunni attack on shias in part of a genocide of the arabs/to destabilise the country.

Now for 1) violence occurs all over the arab world between Sunni's and shi'ites who openly hate each other.
    And for 2) why would Israel want to destabilise Lebanon? What does that achieve? If it were ever possible that there could be a coherent arab force then it may achieve something but the sectarian split and the USA and Saudi's alliance will ensure that that never happens. If you believe that Israel are behind the whole sectarian split which has been alive since the birth of Islam then I have no words for you.

Now to the genocide. There is no nation in the world that bears the scars so recently of genocide. The image of skeleton like jews being led into the gas chambers is still fresh on Israel's mind. Now why would they then decide to commit genocide on the arabs one bomb at a time? That wouldn't even be possible considering how fast they're shooting babies out. Israeli's are people, not robots, they have no interest in genocide. They only have an interest in ensuring they are not on the end of another one. Open your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    The problem with this is that Israel continues to expand illegally, building settlements further and further into Palestinian territory and forcefully evicting innocent Palestinians who lived there for a very long time. How is it possible to have this solution when Israel is taking up all the land?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't actually condone this - it is just politics though. The peace process was going on for decades to no avail. The only peace treaties signed were with Egypt and Jordan (now what do they have in common?). Netanyahu doesn't think a Peace deal is close. If he were to stop building then it would just weaken Israel's position when talks do start.

Anyways, peace with the Palestinians won't change anything anyway. Israel's existence needs to be accepted by it's larger arab neighbours.

ReputationRep:
    Iran vows 'immediate destruction' of Israel if Syria attacked

This is what US wants, Obama aka nobel peace prize winner? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL3Xlydd17M

(Original post by skunkboy)
    Haha, don't you realize it's just the game? The superpowers have been playing it. Have you ever played the game called "the world domination"?
    No, but I've watched the Matrix so reality is an illusion, and we're being harvested by robots?

You see. I'm on your wavelength.

(Original post by kidomo)
    So the Americans wants to bomb Syria in order to stop Assad bombing his own people? **** logic, ey?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not being suggested at all.

We're talking about a very carefully-selected military targets. anti-air batteries, forward command and control positions, military HQs ... and so on.

For over two years, the country has had military contingencies from the Iranians, and anti-aircraft weapons from the Russians. Western had been markedly amputated and damned compared to al-Assad's backers. The opposition has managed to survive this long princially through defections from al-Assad's own forces and the introduction of salafist militias from the region, as with the al-Nusra Front and so on ... amid this aggressive imperialist behaviour by every other nation, it's only Western comportment that is impulsively received with outrage.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.