The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zed963
On results day do we also get our GCSE certificates ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you don't I'm afraid. You'll just get a white piece of paper with your exam results / marks typed up. The actual certificates come around October / November time.
Reply 701
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Urgh, my teacher said to never do empathy :tongue: I liked the inspector one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our teacher spent loads of time on empathy questions because barely anyone in our class likes them :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 702
I did WJEC Lit, I did Of Mice and Men, Blood Brothers and Lord of the Flies. It all went quite well really, it just depends how much the examiner appreciates BS. Afterwards, I was cringing so much, I said stuff like "Curley is referred by his individual body parts here in order to show that he is not whole, demonstrating the unfulfilled dreams hanging over all the characters"

I also did OCR 21st Century Science, the core Coursework was OK, I got 62 in that. In the Additional I got 59. I reckon an A will be about 51-2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 703
Original post by Krollo
I did WJEC Lit, I did Of Mice and Men, Blood Brothers and Lord of the Flies. It all went quite well really, it just depends how much the examiner appreciates BS. Afterwards, I was cringing so much, I said stuff like "Curley is referred by his individual body parts here in order to show that he is not whole, demonstrating the unfulfilled dreams hanging over all the characters"

I also did OCR 21st Century Science, the core Coursework was OK, I got 62 in that. In the Additional I got 59. I reckon an A will be about 51-2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did unit 1 (OMAM) in January so we had different questions, and I did different books to you so I can't compare really :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

My form tutor said to me and two friends that when writing an interpretation, (This is what she actually said) 'You take evidence and then say some **** that comes to mind, as long as it's original, whilst referring to the quote'
Sounds like you did a good enough job.
As to the OCR CA, I did it and got 52-54 (add), which, going by the triple science grade boundaries is an A.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 705
Original post by Joe7
Yes, I did. Here's what I posted after the exam.

Forgot all of my answers pretty much, but i distinctly remember getting 441 for capture/recapture.

Overall, thought the exam could have been harder - but don't think i've done as well as i could have done. To be fair, we only had 1 lesson a week which started in November/December and i also did next to no revision so I really wouldn't be surprised if i didn't do very well.
Reply 706
Original post by Toriar
Yup, I did

How did you find it?
Original post by Caribbeantwist
That happened to me last year for my GCSE result
I would open your own, the best thing is not really to converse with other people in my opinion unless they ask what you get cos for some people it might be slightly sensitive :wink:
I was lucky cos the girl that stayed at mine for results and celebrations got exactly the same results as me and so there was no awkwardness hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

the more I think about it the more I think i will open my own. I really don't think we will get the same results, I think she may be needing a hug rather than a party, but thank you.
Original post by pje1000
Forgot all of my answers pretty much, but i distinctly remember getting 441 for capture/recapture.

Overall, thought the exam could have been harder - but don't think i've done as well as i could have done. To be fair, we only had 1 lesson a week which started in November/December and i also did next to no revision so I really wouldn't be surprised if i didn't do very well.

I agree, the exam itself was fairly straight forward, I was just disappointed by the lack of calculation questions. I'm optimistic about Stats however, because the grade boundaries are normally fairly low, which I imagine is due to many not taking the subject seriously.
Had results dream.

Grades were decent, but I was not happy.
Reply 710
on the Y10 results day, i got my results, i had not opened them, and was just about to walk out the school, when my maths teacher stopped me and said what did you get in maths? i said i dont know and quickly tried to walk away, she said i'll look, grabbed my envelope with all my results and started taking all my results out. the annoying thing was the sheet that had my maths result was the last sheet in the envelope, and she gave me all the other sheets with my other results on whilst she was finding the maths one, so i ended up having to see all of my results without wanting to

this year i am going to get my results and try to go out stealthily without having to talk to any teachers
Reply 711
Original post by JPL9457
on the Y10 results day, i got my results, i had not opened them, and was just about to walk out the school, when my maths teacher stopped me and said what did you get in maths? i said i dont know and quickly tried to walk away, she said i'll look, grabbed my envelope with all my results and started taking all my results out. the annoying thing was the sheet that had my maths result was the last sheet in the envelope, and she gave me all the other sheets with my other results on whilst she was finding the maths one, so i ended up having to see all of my results without wanting to

this year i am going to get my results and try to go out stealthily without having to talk to any teachers

They already know your results before the actual day... your maths teacher is strange
Reply 712
Original post by jjpneed
They already know your results before the actual day... your maths teacher is strange

indeed
dreading the 22nd of july
Reply 714
Gunna die on that day lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lollipopsftw
dreading the 22nd of july

do u mean 22nd of august?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 716
OK, this might be a stupid question, but you know:
Since, we get result certificates separately for each exam board, if I do an exam, and get lets say a B, and then I do another exam on the same board and get an A, my certificate will list those grades right. But if I want to improve and pump the B to an A, I will resit the exam, and hopefully get an A. When I get my new certificate for the A result, will it show, all the exams with that exam board with the best grades till date (hence 2 subjects with an A) or just the resit result A grade. At the end of it will I be left with 2 certificates, 1 with the 2 exams = B and A, and the 2nd certificate, with the A, that I got after resitting. Also, when re-ordering certificates, will it show best grades with the exam board till date? Even if the best grades are via resits, the pre-resit lower grade wont be shown?? Sorry for the paragraph, just a little clarification needed.
Reply 717
Original post by augustbaby
Results day is my 16th birthday, so that is fun .... (not). I am not sure what to do about opening results, my friend has asked if we can open each others, but I am not sure, what if i do badly, what if she does! Plus school or home, I really can't decide.

Woo yeah it's my 16th too! I'm getting them posted home so I'm just going to sit in front of my letterbox until they arrive! My best friend is going on holiday so we can't open them together :frown:
Reply 718
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:mmm:

Yeah, I did! I didn't revise so was very happy with my results. One mark off an A*

Wow you are so frickin' clever! Gosh I wish I was that smart... Knowing me I'll end up with an A or B ( urgh) in literature :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ani97
Wow you are so frickin' clever! Gosh I wish I was that smart... Knowing me I'll end up with an A or B ( urgh) in literature :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poetry may have saved me :ahee: don't need anything going into the exam!

That's still good! I really want an A* because the exam felt good

Latest