Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•)
    Fair play if you're being honest, you must be really bright, everyone admires your arrogance bro.
    The majority of the questions were straight out of the book, if you didn't do well you clearly didn't do enough work and expected to pass, your fault.

ReputationRep:
    The circular motion question was something like

x= (4t√15ag)/25

y=(3t
    √15ag)/25 - (gt^2)/2
    I used vectors for this part which made life a lot easier.

Also I remember the centre of mass question a bit,

the first part was 342/567 (completely made it up, it might be the other way around but something like this)
    second part was some badass number ; 1821/2343 (again i made it up but it is similar to this, only 3th 4rd digits are wrong)

Also it was an easy paper. Questions were long but not challenging. Anybody posted an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliezhao)
    for the first question was did it give 35 rev per minute? Im very scared that i read the question wrong
    I am very sure it said 20 rpm but don't worry you would get a lot of method marks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thephysicsguy)

x= (4t√15ag)/25

y=(3t
    √15ag)/25 - (gt^2)/2

the first part was 342/567 (completely made it up, it might be the other way around but something like this)
    second part was some badass number ; 1821/2343 (again i made it up but it is similar to this, only 3th 4rd digits are wrong)

Also it was an easy paper. Questions were long but not challenging. Anybody posted an unofficial mark scheme?
    For those x and y equations, did you remember that they do not start at the origin? initial x position is -4a/5 and initial y is 3a/5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miketree)
    The majority of the questions were straight out of the book, if you didn't do well you clearly didn't do enough work and expected to pass, your fault.
    Dude, I think I did do well, think I dropped about 3 marks. Fair enough if you didn't think it was hard, but I'd have hoped you were trolling when you tell people it was super easy

ReputationRep:
    Just because we're saying it was hard, that doesn't mean we expect to fail. I think I got around 71-73. I think people are saying that these types of questions are not in the book. If they are, please show me them

ReputationRep:

x= (4t√15ag)/25

y=(3t
    √15ag)/25 - (gt^2)/2

Hey I got the same but instead of simplifying it I just left it as x=-3/4√3ag/5 the minors because it is going left, but I think we need to add the horizontal distance from O when the string was slack?? Same for the y??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dude, I think I did do well, think I dropped about 3 marks. Fair enough if you didn't think it was hard, but I'd have hoped you were trolling when you tell people it was super easy
    So you're telling me memorising from the book is hard?

ReputationRep:
    guys i failed this exam really badly, i am crying, how can i get over this...my life is ruined

ReputationRep:
    I am very sure it said 20 rpm but don't worry you would get a lot of method marks...
    I might have remembered it wrong but I got 0.179 in the end did you get that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xrpred)
    Just because we're saying it was hard, that doesn't mean we expect to fail. I think I got around 71-73. I think people are saying that these types of questions are not in the book. If they are, please show me them
    Once someone posts the paper so I can get the full details (because they're blurry in my mind right now) I will tell you the page and the question number!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiroz)
    For those x and y equations, did you remember that they do not start at the origin? initial x position is -4a/5 and initial y is 3a/5
    It was of course not at the origin initially. Like I said I used vectors and found a position vector relative to O so I wasn't have to worry about directions or which way of the origin I was... It went slack when angle from positive x direction was arccos(-3/5) i think

ReputationRep:
    So you're telling me memorising from the book is hard?
    haha no time for keyboard warriors at this time, glad you thought it was easy, laters xxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    guys i failed this exam really badly, i am crying, how can i get over this...my life is ruined
    Should have studied instead of listening to music on your beats.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it was 20 RPM and I got 0.179 I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiroz)
    Yeah I realised it straight after!! How many marks do you think I will lost for not adding the initial positions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Now that one, I am not sure

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yea that was right

ReputationRep:
    haha no time for keyboard warriors at this time, glad you thought it was easy, laters xxxxxxxxx
    Bye

ReputationRep:
    For Com question part a I got 0.51 and b I think it was 0.7 or something, anyone got the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.