Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by westarmy)
    :P well I'm pretty much doing the same! And you know what I meant
    Hee hee! .....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chubuking)
    i thought that the current is higher when the pd is lower as the temperature is lower (therefore the resistance is lower) hence if you calculate power using V^2/R since R is a smaller value the power rating will be larger?
    Yes correct!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chubuking)
    the temperature is lower (therefore the resistance is lower) hence if you calculate power using V^2/R since R is a smaller value the power rating will be larger?
    But V is also lower, so V^2/R isn't really of use (I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzan0101)
    No way are you being serious wasn't the paper in jan hard enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am not serious but it is more likely to be a hard paper.

ReputationRep:
    im confused :s on the jan 2013 paper 2b how do you know the infomation required to form 1 electron?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micheal123456)
    were did you get the infomation that you need that about of energy for 1 electron to be created?
    Took me a while to figure out as well its actually in that table... on AS formulae sheet

You see that energy is for rest mass... So that's how much is needed to create an electron (and positron which has same rest mass) hence x 2 = 102 MeV

ReputationRep:
    were did you get the infomation that you need that about of energy for 1 electron to be created?
    It is the rest energy of 1 electron. In a pair production, 2 are produced. It is also in the data formula sheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    I am not serious but it is more likely to be a hard paper.
    Well it should be a easier paper. What makes you think it's going to be harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is the rest energy of 1 electron. In a pair production, 2 are produced. It is also in the data formula sheet.
    but the rest energy for an electron is 9.11x10^-31:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    How do we know the current is lower?
    V=IR voltage drops therefore current drops. Lower current means a lower heating effect and so the temperature also falls. Lower temperature results in lower resistance. This means that the current although being lower than before is higher than predicted based off the previous resistance and so P=IV is larger than you would expect for the reduced voltage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's rest mass. You need rest energy. Should be on the other side of the sheet in the table mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarky747)
    That's rest energy. You need rest mass. Should be on the other side of the sheet in the table mate.
    ooooo i c thanks alot and does anti matter have the same rest energy as its particle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    V=IR voltage drops therefore current drops. Lower current means a lower heating effect and so the temperature also falls. Lower temperature results in lower resistance. This means that the current although being lower than before is higher than predicted based off the previous resistance and so P=IV is larger than you would expect for the reduced voltage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks a lot! that clears it up.

But at the beginning when you says voltage drops, therefore current drops. Does the resistance stays constant for that part?

ReputationRep:
    NO!!!!!! This is the mass of a single electron. Not rest energy!

ReputationRep:
    ooooo i c thanks alot and does anti matter have the same rest energy as its particle?
    yes! but I has opposite charge. your welcome!

ReputationRep:
    Are rest energies on the data sheet or do you have to remember them. I cant seem to find them on the data sheet in the back of the Aqa text book

ReputationRep:
    NO!!!!!! This is the mass of a single electron. Not rest energy!
    Rest mass is the same as rest energy?!

Oh actually never mind. I get what you mean now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattmms)
    Are rest energies on the data sheet or do you have to remember them. I cant seem to find them on the data sheet in the back of the Aqa text book
    They're on the data sheet in a table

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattmms)
    in a little table should be 0.5mev

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzan0101)
    Well it should be a easier paper. What makes you think it's going to be harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest, no one can predict lol. How are you supposed to predict. I just said what I thought.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.