Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRedPineapple)
    Hey that happens to me too. It doesnt seem to submit and cant upload the certificates yet. I think they send an email to upload the certificates later on though.

And for your 'letter to candidate' does it open up to a blank pdf file? because mine does.
    I think it does submit when it goes grey. If you click on your messages on the side, does it come up there saying that you've responded? Also, I can't get the PDF letter to open on the computer, but it works on my iPhone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmmalou)
    Just got an interview for 12th December!!

So happy!
    Congratulations!
    If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htebharas)
    I think it does submit when it goes grey. If you click on your messages on the side, does it come up there saying that you've responded? Also, I can't get the PDF letter to open on the computer, but it works on my iPhone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is the pdf letter about, if you don't mind sharing? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    What is the pdf letter about, if you don't mind sharing? Thanks
    Just essential info like the time, date and location of your interview, and telling you to confirm it no hints or tips sadly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
    I reckon they're ranking the ukcats and giving out interviews using those and maybe considering gcses too...everyone I know with a kings interview soo far has above 800 or very high 700s in their ukcat...
    Yeah maybe.. my ukcat is in the 800s though so the only thing i can think of is that my gcses are letting me down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htebharas)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ohh it does work, it says i have accepted. The pdf im gonna try on my phone too now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soraia)
    Congratulations!
    If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
    GCSEs: 10A*s, 2As
    AS Levels: 4As
    UKCAT: 737.5 average, Band 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    I'm a GAP yahh student with 11A*'s and 727.5 UKCAT and haven't been called. Not sure about the 'gappers first' thing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That makes me feel so much better! i'm on a gap year too and have 9A*s and 835 in ukcat and haven't heard anything..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    It really is can i ask what your GCSEs/ UKCAT score are?
    Sorry I took so long to reply - been at work! I have 9 A*s and 2As at GCSE, A*AA achieved at A level (Biology, Chemistry, RS) and, (compared to others on this thread), a rather poor UKCAT average of 667.5, Band 1 :/ ( actually quite embarrassed to put it up amongst all these 700-900 scores!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So difficult to work out the reason some are getting earlier calls. Maybe it is completely random?

ReputationRep:
    So difficult to work out the reason some are getting earlier calls. Maybe it is completely random?
    I'm starting to think it's random too! unless its alphabetical..? That seems a strange way to call people for interview though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    I'm starting to think it's random too! unless its alphabetical..? That seems a strange way to call people for interview though
    Maybe they are taking into account the PS/reference more so than they did last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    Maybe they are taking into account the PS/reference more so than they did last year?
    Yeah that would explain it! I don't think my ps was great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    I don't think they're doing that though, because the people who're getting interviews still have either high GCSE's or high UKCAT (or both). It's just that, for example, people with 830 have got nothing and people with 795 have.

Ofcourse there's a chance people with 830 have an awful PS, but I highly doubt that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're doing that though, because the people who're getting interviews still have either high GCSE's or high UKCAT (or both). It's just that, for example, people with 830 have got nothing and people with 795 have.

Ofcourse there's a chance people with 830 have an awful PS, but I highly doubt that.
    Maybe they've split the scores, like GCSEs and UKCATs into quartiles/octiles then group them together and split that into octiles and then invite to interview by octile?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryMan)
    Maybe they've split the scores, like GCSEs and UKCATs into quartiles/octiles then group them together and split that into octiles and then invite to interview by octile?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that makes sense. Then it's more similar to what Barts do, create a 50:50 ratio between ukcat and ucas tarrif, and then rank according to that ratio. Ofcourse with Kings it must be ukcat and GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that makes sense. Then it's more similar to what Barts do, create a 50:50 ratio between ukcat and ucas tarrif, and then rank according to that ratio. Ofcourse with Kings it must be ukcat and GCSEs
    I've stopped caring how they do it, I just want to hear back. Getting frustrated with all the waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_dewji)
    I've stopped caring how they do it, I just want to hear back. Getting frustrated with all the waiting!
    Exactly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_dewji)
    ikr still haven't heard back from any of my unis!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
    ikr still haven't heard back from any of my unis!!!!
    Me neither and I'm hoping for this quite a lot as the bmat was atrocious! Where else did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.