Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic77)
    The thing is Im really confused, all I got was an invitation to interview. I have no idea what my pre-interview score is, where do I get to see it??
    Not sure that really matters. But you can use the pdf on their website to calculate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can work it out from your qualifications and UKCAT score. There are two documents which tell you how to do this (available on the LMS website).

For the 5 year A100 course:
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msc...ug13incSJT.pdf

For the 4 year A101 course:

Should only take a few minutes to work it out .

ReputationRep:
    The thing is Im really confused, all I got was an invitation to interview. I have no idea what my pre-interview score is, where do I get to see it??
    What were your GCSE grades, UKCAT and AS grades.

For academics, they rate your top 6 GCSEs, A*=5, A=4 etc. They include English language, maths, the sciences and the best other 2/1 subject depending on whether you take triple science or double science.
    If you get under 30 for academics, you get an extra point for every A you get at AS (A* at full A-level) in 3 subjects to include bio, chem and one other subject. You can't go past 30 though.

For UKCAT, >3000=30 points, >2900=29 points.. etc.

ReputationRep:
    Worth mentioning that the 5 year course is out of 60 marks and the 4 year course is out of 25.

ReputationRep:
    Any grad got an interview yet? If so what was your score, please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    What were your GCSE grades, UKCAT and AS grades.

For academics, they rate your top 6 GCSEs, A*=5, A=4 etc. They include English language, maths, the sciences and the best other 2/1 subject depending on whether you take triple science or double science.
    If you get under 30 for academics, you get an extra point for every A you get at AS (A* at full A-level) in 3 subjects to include bio, chem and one other subject. You can't go past 30 though.

For UKCAT, >3000=30 points, >2900=29 points.. etc.
    I get what youre saying but say I have 6A*s in GCSEs so that makes 30 already? And then if i had 3As at AS level then that would make it go above 30 (33), wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alumno)
    You can work it out from your qualifications and UKCAT score. There are two documents which tell you how to do this (available on the LMS website).

For the 5 year A100 course:

For the 4 year A101 course:

Should only take a few minutes to work it out .
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I get what youre saying but say I have 6A*s in GCSEs so that makes 30 already? And then if i had 3As at AS level then that would make it go above 30 (33), wouldn't it?
    No, the max you can get in any section is 30

ReputationRep:
    Do Leicester give out interviews in descending order relating to pre-interview score? Or is it random?

I'm on 60/60 so really hope it's not random and I get in the first batch (10th-17th december)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Boy)
    Do Leicester give out interviews in descending order relating to pre-interview score? Or is it random?

I'm on 60/60 so really hope it's not random and I get in the first batch (10th-17th december)
    Ditto hoping for that too!!!

ReputationRep:
    I hope they go in descending order as i would love a December interview (I have 59/60)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would love an interview...anytime of the season! I DONT CARE WHEN!!!

I want an interview!!

or else...me going to cry big time :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hi ...i am on 60/60 as well , an international student . Keen on Leicester, hv'nt yet got an invite for interview. Someone i know with 58/60 has got the invite . So i am inclined to think that they are sending out at random ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys!

Any questions, feel free to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallenangel)
    Good luck guys!

Hey are you a current Leicester medical student?

ReputationRep:
    Hey how are people findig out about interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Leicester use email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1rby)
    Leicester use email
    What time do the invites come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentAT)
    What time do the invites come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's no set time I'm afraid :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallenangel)
    Good luck guys!

can you give any tips on the interview? THANKS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.