Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What salary are you realistically expecting to earn? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    Lonely? My life IS lonely, right now. And I'm trying to get myself OUT of this disassociation I've had with all of London. I like the idea of succeeding academically and doing stuff. And I know what to do even if I fail academically and don't become some high-flyer. Sell my house, flip it/make a couple of £k profit, keep going till I can invest more. Sell all my possessions if the transportation costs become too much. Develop my current coding skills. Be positive.

If I fail, I will not reproduce. Give max pleasure for myself, and wither away and die. I'll just cycle about, go to the gym. Do nothing. Die.

**** such thoughts. I've got stretch my brain now. I have a deep desire to actually have people think I am a capable being too. Not wise, but bright. I want to walk down the street with a confidence, knowing I achieved A*AA+ and am off to an elite uni. It's a lack of pride and belief in myself atm that drives me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dude, I had some respect for you and your ambition but I'm getting slightly worried that you are too engrossed with he idea of wealth. Most wealthy people don't admire their material possessions they admire the intangibles, their relationships and of course their passions. If you are too consumed by 'trying to become a high flier', you run the risk of failing before you've started.

What happened to staying off TSR for a while? You need to just chill out, find something you are passionate about - not your hypothetical future wealth - and focus on pulling up your grades.

Honestly, we know your plan just do some execution rather than putting yourself in this almost depressive state.

ReputationRep:
    anything from 20k to 200k+ depending on how lucky/dedicated I am.

3D/2D artist/animator/vfx/etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Dude, I had some respect for you and your ambition but I'm getting slightly worried that you are too engrossed with he idea of wealth. Most wealthy people don't admire their material possessions they admire the intangibles, their relationships and of course their passions. If you are too consumed by 'trying to become a high flier', you run the risk of failing before you've started.

What happened to staying off TSR for a while? You need to just chill out, find something you are passionate about - not your hypothetical future wealth - and focus on pulling up your grades.

Honestly, we know your plan just do some execution rather than putting yourself in this almost depressive state.
    Yes, this is why I going that post scary...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Most wealthy people don't admire their material possessions they admire the intangibles, their relationships and of course their passions.
    It's the intangible stuff (the better relationships, better social capital) that I do indeed want from wealth more so than certain, tangible things. But yes, okay, I take your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    base salary of 80k+ without bonuses but with all incomes aim for 250k+ by the age of 35.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem101)
    base salary of 80k+ without bonuses but with all incomes aim for 250k+ by the age of 35.
    My kind of target. In what, exactly? With what level of education/qualifications? Banking? What uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My kind of target. In what, exactly? With what level of education/qualifications? Banking? What uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well, Im going UCL to study Stats but I'm really good at maths and only maths, if i was better at other stuff I reckon i could've got into oxbridge and am aiming for my masters there in finance. any london style banking, IB etc. Im an only son and my dad involves me in his rentals anyway and i plan on living with them for a few more years after graduation so i can save to invest. you?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Why? Please tell me why? FML.
    You crack me up. 'If I fail I will nit reproduce.. Do nothing. Die'.

Quite simply, you need to stop tying your self worth to anything other than your own happiness. I can only imagine how depressed you'll get if your ever made redundant, tying self worth to material success is a recipe for depression in later life.

I do think you ambition is great though, too many people lack drive.

ReputationRep:
    It's the intangible stuff (the better relationships, better social capital) that I do indeed want from wealth more so than certain, tangible things. But yes, okay, I take your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've missed the point here. The quality and depth of relationships you can experience isn't linked to your wealth or net worth, everyone has access to them, it's universal. How do you think people with nothing sometimes are actually, quite happy?

The fact you're referring to people who you should love as 'social capital' is quite honestly bizarre. I think this website exacerbates your problem because you're so insecure that when you're surrounded by like-minded people all it does is to serve to make you even more insecure. Take a break, do some work, get the results and then take it from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    You've missed the point here. The quality and depth of relationships you can experience isn't linked to your wealth or net worth, everyone has access to them, it's universal. How do you think people with nothing sometimes are actually, quite happy?

The fact you're referring to people who you should love as 'social capital' is quite honestly bizarre. I think this website exacerbates your problem because you're so insecure that when you're surrounded by like-minded people all it does is to serve to make you even more insecure. Take a break, do some work, get the results and then take it from there.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep... Totally agree. What I mean by social capital though (highbrow social capital; these are actual terms, to do with economics, Google them lol, they're not of my making), is that I want to be around what I deem to be 'better quality' people. More middle, upper-middle and possibly rich people. Nice girls. Smarter, more 'successful' people. You know, you'd have that, if you lived in a good enough area too (either you mingle with the successes or old money peeps, and that's cool). That's what I mean.

I'm devoid of a lot of other forms of thinking.

For now, I can meet my own aims/aspirations/goals if I just get A*AA+. So, I'm working, now.

ReputationRep:
    30k+

I want to be at least earning 60k + once I get a bit older, but that isn't necessarily something I can predict or expect.

ReputationRep:
    Once I finish university and i start working, i will earn between £22k-£24k (pre-tax) depending on where I work. This can increase to up to £45k if I progress up to a management role.

I am currently studying to be a Children's Nurse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem101)
    well, Im going UCL to study Stats but I'm really good at maths and only maths, if i was better at other stuff I reckon i could've got into oxbridge and am aiming for my masters there in finance. any london style banking, IB etc. Im an only son and my dad involves me in his rentals anyway and i plan on living with them for a few more years after graduation so i can save to invest. you?
    Why could you have got into Oxbridge if you were better at other stuff? If you were really good at maths you could study maths at Ox/Cam...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    10k a year -_-.

ReputationRep:
    1 billion dollars.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go into animal conservation. Don't really mind about the salary (as long as I can afford comfy housing, etc), as long as I'm helping animals and I'm happy that's all that matters to me.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, invest. That's all I want to do. Just invest, and get richer and richer... Well, I need to first get A*AA+ to get into a top 6 university. Hopefully I can get into the City, and, as long as I earn over £4k+ a month/£77k+ a year, I have no 'aim' for my salary. Just work hard from there, and keep going; keep investing...
    thats what it is, nobody just gets a 500k salary. Rome wasn't built in a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Why could you have got into Oxbridge if you were better at other stuff? If you were really good at maths you could study maths at Ox/Cam...
    My GCSE's were a bit lacklustre as I wasn't serious about my life back then, and I carried that into AS as well oh well can't dwell... onwards and upwards.

ReputationRep:
    Lonely? My life IS lonely, right now. And I'm trying to get myself OUT of this disassociation I've had with all of London. I like the idea of succeeding academically and doing stuff. And I know what to do even if I fail academically and don't become some high-flyer. Sell my house, flip it/make a couple of £k profit, keep going till I can invest more. Sell all my possessions if the transportation costs become too much. Develop my current coding skills. Be positive.

If I fail, I will not reproduce. Give max pleasure for myself, and wither away and die. I'll just cycle about, go to the gym. Do nothing. Die.

**** such thoughts. I've got stretch my brain now. I have a deep desire to actually have people think I am a capable being too. Not wise, but bright. I want to walk down the street with a confidence, knowing I achieved A*AA+ and am off to an elite uni. It's a lack of pride and belief in myself atm that drives me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ye tbh I know this sounds arrogant to others but I know what you mean, apart from the reproduce bit. I got A*AB and that B literally gets me down every time I think of it. only 4 ums off which makes it worse.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to work in finance after graduating, possible as an actuary, so £50K upwards I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.