Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Physics Applicants watch

• View Poll Results: Which Physics course(s) are you going to apply for?
    Physics BSc
    26.73%
    Physics MSci
    49.31%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths BSc
    7.83%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths MSci
    15.67%
    Physics with Astrophysics BSc
    7.83%
    Physics with Astrophysics MSci
    12.44%
    Physics and Philosophy BSc
    1.38%
    Physics and Philosophy MSci
    4.15%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph Mckeown)
    Has anybody received an offer from Bristol for either Physics or Physics with Philosophy? I have heard from all four of my other options.
    Look at elliem29 's post on the 11th and responses to that

ReputationRep:
    Currently living in Woking, Surrey
    Taking A level physics maths and Arabic (predicted A*AB respectively)
    Firmed my offer for MSci Physics and Astronomy at Glasgow university (asking for AAB)
    They'll let me study physics maths and astronomy in the first year then any two of those in the second year and then one of them in years 3-5. Their flexibility was a major factor for me as I'm also a huge applied maths fan, time will tell I guess!
    Bring on Scotland though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillB639)
    What are your predicted and AS grades?
    My predicteds are A*A*A but my as results aren't as good cause I was really sick for them but my referee wrote about that in my reference

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph Mckeown)
    Has anybody received an offer from Bristol for either Physics or Physics with Philosophy? I have heard from all four of my other options.
    Yeah I got an offer for maths &physics about three weeks after applying then I emailed asking to change it to physics w study in europe and that changed within a week of my email. Also I got a contextual offer but not sure why, didn't from any other unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my predicted are the same

ReputationRep:
    Controversial question but is Manchester seen as good as or worse than for physics compared to Imperial or UCL (what about specifically for undergraduate)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillB639)
    Yeah my predicted are the same
    That's good. I'm just worried that they'll look at my as and won't take me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Controversial question but is Manchester seen as good as or worse than for physics compared to Imperial or UCL (what about specifically for undergraduate)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would say better - on quite a few league tables it's goes 1. Oxford 2. Manchester 3. Cambridge. But they are all really good, probably comes down to what specific bit of physics you're interested in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to the Cardiff uni applicant day on the 5th of Feb?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to an interview at Leeds? It's meant to be a group interview so I have no idea what to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen999)
    I would say better - on quite a few league tables it's goes 1. Oxford 2. Manchester 3. Cambridge. But they are all really good, probably comes down to what specific bit of physics you're interested in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I find that strangely hypnotic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen999)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by alow)
    Gulp you can't say that omg the Cambridge tsr police will get you :lol: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Out of those three I'd say ICL probs well maybe manc for undergrad but defo icl for postgrad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Cardiff tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview at York? Ive got one on the 16th for Maths and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Physics and Philosophy during the Christmas holidays and I'm still waiting for 4 universities to answer, could it be that it takes longer because it has to be reviewed by two departments? Did it happen to anyone else applying for Physics and Philosophy? I'm a bit worried...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marinanutshell)
    I applied for Physics and Philosophy during the Christmas holidays and I'm still waiting for 4 universities to answer, could it be that it takes longer because it has to be reviewed by two departments? Did it happen to anyone else applying for Physics and Philosophy? I'm a bit worried...
    I've never really thought about that option (I'm doing Maths and Physics), but my replies have taken/are taking a long time to come through, so you may well be right.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still waiting for a response from Exeter? All I've had from them is a confirmation of my application to study BSc Physics and then a further one saying that they were going to consider after the January deadline but I haven't heard anything since. I've had offers from all the other universities I've applied to and I'm just waiting on Exeter, trying not to get too worried though.

Currently studying Physics, Chemistry and Maths (Mechanics) at A2 and studied Biology at AS. Predicted ABB
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by gp0797)
    Is anyone still waiting for a response from Exeter? All I've had from them is a confirmation of my application to study BSc Physics and then a further one saying that they were going to consider after the January deadline but I haven't heard anything since. I've had offers from all the other universities I've applied to and I'm just waiting on Exeter, trying not to get too worried though.

Currently studying Physics, Chemistry and Maths (Mechanics) at A2 and studied Biology at AS. Predicted ABB
    I've got my interview tomorrow! Last year I got invited to interview around now though I think, and had it beginning of March (and got an offer, but missed the grades in the end ) so sure you'll hear something soon Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.