Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    ... I like that there's the option for me to do an intercalated degree in the third year (I think).
    You have to do an intercalated degree at Cambridge. Same for Oxford - that's why they're 6 year degrees not the normal 5.

All other medical schools also offer intercalation as options, though its sometimes a competitive process.

Cambridge offers a bigger variety of choices for intercalation though.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    History and Politics, which Cambridge doesn't offer so that's pretty much me decided
    They're actually going to start offering it in a few years.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen no one applying for Chinese/Oriental Studies, are there any orientalists out there?

ReputationRep:
    I want to do law at Oxford I'm just worried about my AS grades if I get ABBB or AABB would I still be able to apply if I get predicted AAA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    They're actually going to start offering it in a few years.
    I'm applying this year haha
    Also Oxford have an amazing politics department and their politics course is incredibly old and prestigous.. Oxford over Cambridge for politics definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly5798)
    Awh, i'm too late to apply to one- can i still apply to go to oxford still?
    To the summer school? No
    To the Uni? If you're looking for entry this year, no but next year sure haha
    Start planning and drafting the PS now/after exams I would say

ReputationRep:
    Bags

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying this year haha
    Also Oxford have an amazing politics department and their politics course is incredibly old and prestigous.. Oxford over Cambridge for politics definitely
    true but politics is a waste of time so going to the best place for politics means nothing. Especially for a degree HAH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frigg113)
    true but politics is a waste of time so going to the best place for politics means nothing. Especially for a degree HAH
    I'm sure a multitude of Prime Ministers would disagree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ws1)
    I want to do law at Oxford I'm just worried about my AS grades if I get ABBB or AABB would I still be able to apply if I get predicted AAA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely.. the predicted grades are the most important aspect. I remember the Oxford Admissions guy at the study day saying that as long as you can prove you can get the requirements and would make a good student (good PS or GCSEs) then they would consider it

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure a multitude of Prime Ministers would disagree
    yeh but prime ministers are a bunch of prats

ReputationRep:
    To the summer school? No
    To the Uni? If you're looking for entry this year, no but next year sure haha
    Start planning and drafting the PS now/after exams I would say
    I want to apply to go in 2016, which is next year so XD

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply to go in 2016, which is next year so XD
    Yeah you've got looaddss of time
    What course are you plannng on applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you've got looaddss of time
    What course are you plannng on applying for?
    Music ^^

I don't know how to start my personal statement though...

ReputationRep:
    Music ^^

I don't know how to start my personal statement though...
    Oh wow music! I wouldn't have any idea, have you looked at examples? I think the student room has a pretty decent list of examples

Does this help at all?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Music_courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofifa)
    Heya,
    Well i've thought about that, but not sure what it entitles nor if i can get it even if i don't study music.I am not yet aware of how it works but was thinking about it haha
    Hi! 2nd year with choral scholarship here.

It's quite uncommon to get a choral scholarship before starting, unless it's a really competitive scholarship. It's more common to join a choir you like that offers choral scholarships, and they audition once or more a year if there are vacancies. You DO NOT need to be a music student, in fact choral scholars usually aren't music students.

Organ scholarships at undergraduate colleges are usually filled out before term starts, but there are some lurking around, and I know a few people who did apply for an organ scholarship after starting. The standard method is to apply in advance, though. Once again you DO NOT need to be a music student, although commonly organ scholars are.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow music! I wouldn't have any idea, have you looked at examples? I think the student room has a pretty decent list of examples

Does this help at all?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Music_courses
    I have and started to write an introduction- I want to be convincing yet straight to the point Should I start doing wider reading too?

ReputationRep:
    I have and started to write an introduction- I want to be convincing yet straight to the point Should I start doing wider reading too?
    Yeah definitely

ReputationRep:
    Guys I really don't know what to think about my chances woth Oxford? Teachers don't believe in me, some do, some friends do, some don't, I don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Guys I really don't know what to think about my chances with Oxford? Teachers don't believe in me, some do, some friends do, some don't, I don't know
    If you think you can, don't hesitate to give it a shot. There's no harm in trying...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.