Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still not heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alaskaa)
    Does anyone know when Nottingham will give out offers? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    those interviewed for A100 undergraduate in early January received an email which says ..... "A few offers may be made in early March with the remainder being made in the first week of April"

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is a rest station

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An4w42)
    Does anyone know if there is a rest station
    What's a rest station?

Even so, I am sorry but we can't really tell you what the stations are on We had to sign a confidentiality contract!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone still not heard anything at all from nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bmmay)
    ME!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bmmay)
    I haven't too

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an intrveiw next Friday and I was looking on their website to find information about the interview. Are we just told that there are 4 stations and 1 role play one or is there more information about each station that I couldn't find on their website?
    Thanks for any help or if anyone could possibly give me a link to it
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni97)
    Hi I have an intrveiw next Friday and I was looking on their website to find information about the interview. Are we just told that there are 4 stations and 1 role play one or is there more information about each station that I couldn't find on their website?
    Thanks for any help or if anyone could possibly give me a link to it
    Thanks again
    Thats all you get told until the day where they explain in more detail in the briefing beforehand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)
    Thats all you get told until the day where they explain in more detail in the briefing beforehand
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni97)
    Thank you very much
    No probs, triple check you have all your photocopies too because I forgot some of mine and I don't think it made a great impression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)
    No probs, triple check you have all your photocopies too because I forgot some of mine and I don't think it made a great impression
    I will check everything, there was so much to bring! It has taken me weeks to get everything sorted xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonSense)
    It's on the document with the checklist grid for your personal documents that you need to print off and take to the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does anyone have the link to this particular document with the checklist and stuff? O_O I didn't come across any such thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.s.sam)
    Does anyone have the link to this particular document with the checklist and stuff? O_O I didn't come across any such thing.
    It came in the email that you got so that you can book your interview with Eventbrite. You just have to scroll down and there is a pdf file that you click on and print

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suchika.garg)
    so why did you choose nottingham?
    Sorry for the extremely late reply! I don't check TSR as much as I used to back when I was applying :P

Nottingham had always been my first choice. Some of the main reasons are:

- The campus looked amazing; looks do matter imo
    - The fact that you do the BMedSci degree without needing to intercalate
    - Early clinical placements; I was told you have 4 GP placements and 2 hospital placements. Doesn't sound that frequent but now I'm here, I think it's perfect. It really helps to be able to practice taking histories etc with real patients rather than having to role play with other medical students etc. (pretty much what I've been doing on my most recent GP visits, was nervous at first, being given my own consultation room to take a patient history but it's given me so much more confidence)
    - Full body dissection! One of like four/five med schools now that do them? Anatomy is a difficult subject and without the dissection sessions I think I'd definitely be struggling. You spend a 3 hour session in the dissection room per week to look at a specific area. You get time to look at anatomy in terms of textbooks, X-rays, CT scans etc then you can start cutting away and seeing it for real. It really puts the human body into perspective.
    - I saw how they had a gymnastics society that sounded great; I recommend looking into societies if you're particularly interested in a sport. I know plenty of medics doing more than one sport too because it's that much fun here in notts :P

Finally a quick mention; the MedSoc here is great. They organise amazing socials. The first few socials on the year really got me mixing with people and some of my closest friends were made during some of those socials.

I'm actually first year rep for MedSoc and we've got some amazing socials lined up for this term, including a boat party with the second years in the last week of term. So yeah MedSoc try real hard to keep things lively :P

MedSoc also work hard to make sure everything runs smoothly through the course. They try to improve things about the course to make the student's lives easier, they run great teaching sessions to help you learn and they've got great welfare set ups too.

Hope this post helps with anyone who's wondering which uni to firm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaK45)
    It came in the email that you got so that you can book your interview with Eventbrite. You just have to scroll down and there is a pdf file that you click on and print

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I actually had downloaded that pdf way before but had forgotten about it. Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer today AAA!!! So excited and relieved, anyone else heard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomKC)
    wow and that's super early! Congrats to you )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomKC)
    Congrats! I assume you're in year 13!! When was your interview.
    So amazing though you're interview must have gone really well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomKC)
    Many congratulations.

When did you have your interview and what time did you receive the good news?
    Hope you do not mind me asking

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.