Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that if you pass the EAC you are pretty much guaranteed a job? What % of candidates pass the EAC and how many get sifted at the eTray/FSAC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat.lev)
    While that's almost certainly true (!), it seems unfair to post specifics and offer advantage and prior knowledge to those who haven't yet done it..
    I don't think there was much given away there. In fact I think I must of done a different etray entirely as the mentioned topic never came up in mine. Best to keep all specifics until everyone has done the exercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marksmith888)
    Is it true that if you pass the EAC you are pretty much guaranteed a job? What % of candidates pass the EAC and how many get sifted at the eTray/FSAC?
    Hi,

I passed the EAC last year and failed the FSAC so it is possible to fail after the EAC! You still have to pass the FSAC benchmark whatever that is for the Economist stream to get a job offer. I'm unsure about the e-tray though as this is a new stage in the Economist application process.

I've not seen those statistics anywhere before but 21% of Economist applicants are offered a post (highest out of all the streams!). The FS recruitment reports are here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-stream-report if you want to take a look.

Have you got an EAC coming up?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the amount of spaces available for commercial/finance FSs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat.lev)
    I'm going to be cynical.... 31st at 5.55pm!
    Civil Servants working on a Friday until 18.00!? Chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sempitern)
    You laugh but as a fellow traveller, I was once in the office till 9pm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyJane)
    Hi,

I passed the EAC last year and failed the FSAC so it is possible to fail after the EAC! You still have to pass the FSAC benchmark whatever that is for the Economist stream to get a job offer. I'm unsure about the e-tray though as this is a new stage in the Economist application process.

I've not seen those statistics anywhere before but 21% of Economist applicants are offered a post (highest out of all the streams!). The FS recruitment reports are here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-stream-report if you want to take a look.

Have you got an EAC coming up?

Just found out today I passed my EAC. I am quite nervous about the FSAC because I think experience is my weakness and this might show when giving examples of having displayed competency. I had found that document and it made for interesting reading. It would be interesting to know what % made it to each stage.

ReputationRep:
    OMG I'm literally crying right now. :'( :'(

I've just done the E-Tray exercise, but I completely messed up the final section. And when I say mess up, I mean it's currently non-existent.

I was drafting the email on the notes section, and then about 4 minutes before the end, I was happy and decided to copy paste it on to the email. It wasn't working AT ALL for some reason. I was relentlessly trying to sort it out, but the timer went out.........and I had NO email reply.

Like, ****. It's all over for me. I've sent the team an email explaining the situation and a copy of what I had in the notes, and I'm gonna call them up tomorrow as well.....but I doubt they'll do anything.

Like.....my entire dream is over for another year because of some stupid problem copying and pasting. So unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robboadam31)

I've just done the E-Tray exercise, but I completely messed up the final section. And when I say mess up, I mean it's currently non-existent.

I was drafting the email on the notes section, and then about 4 minutes before the end, I was happy and decided to copy paste it on to the email. It wasn't working AT ALL for some reason. I was relentlessly trying to sort it out, but the timer went out.........and I had NO email reply.

Like, ****. It's all over for me. I've sent the team an email explaining the situation and a copy of what I had in the notes, and I'm gonna call them up tomorrow as well.....but I doubt they'll do anything.

Like.....my entire dream is over for another year because of some stupid problem copying and pasting. So unfair.
    1 - Remember that only the Q&A part is assessed at this point!

2 - The written exercise is only a small part of what is assessed at the FSAC, so even if you are given a zero, depending on the weightings, you'll have a chance to raise that score with the other exercises that assess the same competences.

Aaaaaand.. breathe!

ReputationRep:

Yeah don't fret too much - definitely try and get them to do something; maybe they'll be able to confirm there was an issue with your test and have that taken into consideration.

However the written test does only contribute to the competences even a zero in it will not be an issue if you go an ace the FSAC.

As I've mentioned in the posts above the written exam was in my opinion brutal anyway so I can't see many people scoring really highly in that.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused...I applied for the tax professional one a few days ago...done many tests and currently awaiting my results.

I then also clicked to apply for the fast stream for house of commons one....but it just says "awaiting review"....I havn't done any tests whatsoever since my tax scheme ones. Anyone have any explanation....its just it says it closes on the 3rd....why would you all have done etrays etc but mines just sitting at "awaiti g review"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Generalist - Awaiting results
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Numerical or e-tray? Best of luck man!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Numerical or e-tray? Best of luck man!
    (Original post by 1tartanarmy)
    I'm confused...I applied for the tax professional one a few days ago...done many tests and currently awaiting my results.

I then also clicked to apply for the fast stream for house of commons one....but it just says "awaiting review"....I havn't done any tests whatsoever since my tax scheme ones. Anyone have any explanation....its just it says it closes on the 3rd....why would you all have done etrays etc but mines just sitting at "awaiti g review"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perosnally I would email and ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1tartanarmy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lucky for you, you only have to do one set of tests per year, so they'll take your score and apply it for all the schemes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marksmith888)
    Just found out today I passed my EAC. I am quite nervous about the FSAC because I think experience is my weakness and this might show when giving examples of having displayed competency. I had found that document and it made for interesting reading. It would be interesting to know what % made it to each stage.
    Congratulations! There is only one exercise (the interview) at the FSAC in which you need to give examples of times you have displayed the competencies so as long as you're okay demonstrating the competencies in the other tasks you should be able to make up for any weaknesses in a particular exercise. But go through the competencies before the FSAC and see if you can come up with a few examples of when you have shown each and you'll be fine you can use examples from any part of your life so Uni, hobbies, work etc.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't worry! Parity will sort it out easily - I had a problem with my task 2 as it submitted blank. I was freaking out, so I called and emailed and they just said 'No worries - we'll reset it for you'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sempitern)
    I received an email from my induction leader person at 10:30 on a Sunday evening once. People work the strangest hours.

ReputationRep:
    Parity also seem to leave things til 6 pm occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    After today's AC disaster, I need to get my head in gear for the ORAC :eek:
    Why do you think it was a disaster? I had mine yesterday too and thought it went ok.. I was certainly a lot less nervous once I got into the swing of it and the assessment tasks were less daunting than I had expected!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.