Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had 14 minutes left for the last 10 questions and went frantic, guessed a few and worked a few out. Checking with some people afterwards who had time to work them out, seems as though I managed to guess the right answers!

With that being said, it was pretty dreadful throughout. Still confident that I'll get into the sixties though; I prepared, I ate blueberries, bananas, apples and drank coffee. You name it and I did it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAV 123)
    Like 62+ probably. I know people who have gotten interviews with lower though. I think the average offer holder had like 68, but you gotta remember loads probably got like 80/90 out of those.
    Whats that in raw marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froydel)
    How on earth did you write 1000 on just two sides? Are you sure you're judging yourself accurately? 300 sounds about right...
    hmm maybe but I still think 300 sounds really low

Also, I have really small scrawny handwriting. Did about a page and a half.

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was about as hard as last year, though I had to frantically guess the last 5 or so haha!

Does anyone know when is the latest they send interview invitations? End of november?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that went really horribly. I usually got about 80% but think I will get about 50%-60% this time. Does anyone know what you need for an interview; obviously there are no hard and fast rules but a general guide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthemiller)
    that... that is not very much

I probs did about 1000 words?

did you get enough content in in that?
    The instructions said that if you were using a computer you shouldn't exceed 1200 words... so yeah 300 isn't loads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevCrofts)
    I feel like that went really horribly. I usually got about 80% but think I will get about 50%-60% this time. Does anyone know what you need for an interview; obviously there are no hard and fast rules but a general guide?
    I've heard you need to be getting mid to high 60s so around 37ish/50. I too felt it didn't go too well... I was pushed for time towards the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NorthernTory)
    Had 14 minutes left for the last 10 questions and went frantic, guessed a few and worked a few out. Checking with some people afterwards who had time to work them out, seems as though I managed to guess the right answers!

With that being said, it was pretty dreadful throughout. Still confident that I'll get into the sixties though; I prepared, I ate blueberries, bananas, apples and drank coffee. You name it and I did it.
    You've just described my TSA. Although I also had fish the night before - brain food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derebeyi)
    I've heard you need to be getting mid to high 60s so around 37ish/50. I too felt it didn't go too well... I was pushed for time towards the end.
    Thanks, I definitely don't think I have an interview then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevCrofts)
    Thanks, I definitely don't think I have an interview then.
    Don't be so quick to guess that haha. 37 is a guess based on averages from other places. These averages will be skewed a lot by some madmen getting 45+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthemiller)
    hmm maybe but I still think 300 sounds really low

Also, I have really small scrawny handwriting. Did about a page and a half.
    I also had like a page and half but that doesn't make 1000 words right? I think 1,5 page is closer to 600/700.

ReputationRep:
    Is the essay important? I thought no one even looks at it unless they are choosing between two exactly equal candidates... I chose No. 3 but only managed to write a little more than one page, running out of writing time towards the end. Language-wise and content-wise definitely not A/A* level

ReputationRep:
    I would advice everyone though to calm down and don't judge too quick on chances to make it to the interview. If you take a look at the previous converted scores and percentages, you'll see that it fluctuates a bit every year. If this year was relatively difficult you will get an interview with a lower raw score because the overall results will be relatively low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David L 7)
    Is the essay important? I thought no one even looks at it unless they are choosing between two exactly equal candidates... I chose No. 3 but only managed to write a little more than one page, running out of writing time towards the end. Language-wise and content-wise definitely not A/A* level
    I thought this too! The feedback from the last few years talks about minimum TSA scores for part one but never mentions the essay. I thought because they get to interview you it wouldn't matter too much, surely the interview gives you a better chance than the essay to put yourself and your skills accross (therefore giving them a better basis on which to judge you)?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone !
    I'm french and I would ask you whether (according to you) this session was easier or more difficult than the last years ?
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    hi!!!
    do anyone of you know when the results will be accessible online on the site of results.cambridgeassessment.org. uk/candidates ??? wheeeen??:confused::confused:

anyways good luck to all!
    at least we survived today!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eusebe)
    Hi everyone !
    I'm french and I would ask you whether (according to you) this session was easier or more difficult than the last years ?
    Thank you very much

well, as far as i'm concerned, a bit more difficult.. actually i didn't manage to finish the whole paper..!!(( time was running out very fast!!

mmm, anyone of you could finish it?

ReputationRep:
    I sat the TSA today and unfortunately ended up being really pressed for time with close to 10 questions left. In past papers I have scored around 28 to 34 out of 50, which is high 50s or low 60s. I would like to know how important the score I achieve will be in terms of being offered an interview. I feel as though my essay went well but am also unaware of where the essay actually comes into the whole selection process? Will a low mark in the multiple choice mean no interview, even with a strong UCAS application and set of achieved grades? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vito97)
    well, as far as i'm concerned, a bit more difficult.. actually i didn't manage to finish the whole paper..!!(( time was running out very fast!!

mmm, anyone of you could finish it?
    I finished it, but still guessed around 3-5 questions.

ReputationRep:
    Is the TSA very important ? or is it only one part of the selection process ?
    Indeed, I'm french and don't know everything about Oxford admission...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.