Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Round up of today's moves:
    Falcons sign DE Adrian Clayborn (1 year, $4.5 million)
    Eagles sign RB Ryan Mathews (3 years, $11.5M; $5M guaranteed)
    Saints sign CB Brandon Browner (3 years, $15 million)
    Texans sign S Rahim Moore (3 years, $12 million)
    Jets sign CB Antonio Cromartie (4 years, $32 million)
    Ravens re-sign RB Justin Forsett (3 years, $9 million)
    Eagles sign RB DeMarco Murray (5 years, $42M; $21M guaranteed)
    Chiefs acquire G Ben Grubbs from Saints for 5th-round pick
    Titans sign S Da'Norris Searcy (4 years, $24M; $10.5M guaranteed)

Also, from yesterday:
    Bears sign S Antrel Rolle (3 years, $11.25M; $5M guaranteed)
    Colts sign DE/DT Kendall Langford (4 years, $17.2 million)
    Bengals sign LB A.J. Hawk (2 years, $3.25M; $500K guaranteed)
    Raiders sign OLB Malcolm Smith (2 years, $7 million)

Has Chip gone on a serious power trip? "Let's get rid of Foles, Maclin and McCoy, and get a RB and a QB made of glass (Mathews and Bradford), and a RB that was banged up for most of his career before finally staying healthy and making good on his potential (Murray). The Saints needed to upgrade their secondary, and Browner is as physical as they come. Good move, but, he does get a load of penalties. It's nice to see Rahim Moore get paid, and it's a fair deal for him. He's a middle of the road starter but that's a good move.Forsett is on a nice deal too.

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the u-turns? Bye-bye Cleveland...hello Miami, for Jordan Cameron.

Can they just change themselves from the Cleveland Browns to the Cleveland Factory of Sadness officially, now...?

ReputationRep:
    People's thoughts on what cowboys should do to replace Murray?

Looking to the draft?

There's some nice first round picks, worth trading up for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    People's thoughts on what cowboys should do to replace Murray?

Looking to the draft?

There's some nice first round picks, worth trading up for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the Cowboys can sit on their own 1st round pick and hope Gurley makes it to them. I personally think he will. If he doesn't there are 2nd and 3rd round guys they could look for too. RB is stacked this year, they'll solve their problem I think, and for much less than $8M per year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think they'll get someone good without having to trade up, can't see many teams above them targeting an RB.

49ers, Chargers, Jaguars (if they trade the 3rd pick to the Eagles or someone else), maybe the Lions (but probably not), maybe the Cardinals.

But that's about it for teams that could take a running back. 49ers and Chargers the main two I'd watch for

ReputationRep:
    Can't see Darren Sproles staying at the Eagles now they have Murray and Mathews, he's too good to use as just a punt/kickoff returner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Can't see Darren Sproles staying at the Eagles now they have Murray and Mathews, he's too good to use as just a punt/kickoff returner.
    I'd love to see sproles in tampa. Add some speed to our offense and give us some serious special team threat for the firSt time since I began following.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    What's with all the u-turns? Bye-bye Cleveland...hello Miami, for Jordan Cameron.

Can they just change themselves from the Cleveland Browns to the Cleveland Factory of Sadness officially, now...?
    No QB, no high draft pick, no Josh Gordon. Tank and hope that someone comes out next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    I think the Cowboys can sit on their own 1st round pick and hope Gurley makes it to them. I personally think he will. If he doesn't there are 2nd and 3rd round guys they could look for too. RB is stacked this year, they'll solve their problem I think, and for much less than $8M per year.
    Well, we have Darren mcfadden now so have a decent RB the two weeks if the year he's not injured.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really?

REALLY??

I mean obviously the Cowboys can run whatever they want, but why not keep the same five guys doing the same thing that made them the best line in the league????

ReputationRep:
    Teams should wait in the second, third or even fourth round, especially with RB's like Buck Allen, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi still available. Buck Allen will be the monster running back-dark horse candidate; he's got all of the physical tools and did very well for USC. Not worth reaching in the first when guys like them will be available in the middle rounds.

Heck, I guarantee that there's a running back like Curtis Artis-Payne, TJ Yeldon, Buck Allen in the third or even fourth round.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder who's going to sign T-Rich? Don't think he can quite be done yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Wonder who's going to sign T-Rich? Don't think he can quite be done yet
    The Cowboys? Even he could run behind their line! I don't think he's done either. He'll find a landing spot, he'll probably have 2 YPC again and then he'll be done. It'd be nice to see him revive his career though... maybe, he's become a running joke excuse the pun.

ReputationRep:
    The Cowboys? Even he could run behind their line! I don't think he's done either. He'll find a landing spot, he'll probably have 2 YPC again and then he'll be done. It'd be nice to see him revive his career though... maybe, he's become a running joke excuse the pun.
    The Cowboys would be quite amusing, but I'd see him in Atlanta perhaps

Also the 'Hawks KR/PR Bryan Walters just signed with the Jags, I'm glad because he seems like a good guy but you knew that basically as soon as the ball got kicked he was waving his hand for a fair catch

ReputationRep:
    Cowboys is a great shout. He will get paid under 1m on a one year deal, and he will finally have a chance to run the outside zone. Obviously if he can't run behind the Boys line he had better start taking punt coverage more seriously if he wants to stay in the league. For the Cowboys they get a bargain basement player who fits their scheme and had the upside to be an uncontroversial first rounder. I hope it happens.

ReputationRep:
    Ponder visiting the Raiders. Reggie Bush to Patriots?

Harvin to the Bills. Mike Wallace being put up for trade after Kenny Stills lands with the Dolphins

Also bloody Fairley joins Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn on the Rams D-Line. Joy for us, having just rid ourselves of 2 out of three of our best O-linemen

ReputationRep:

Also the 'Hawks KR/PR Bryan Walters just signed with the Jags, I'm glad because he seems like a good guy but you knew that basically as soon as the ball got kicked he was waving his hand for a fair catch
    Atlanta could be good for him, they're not reliant on their RB much as a runner, he's alright as a receiving back. Also good for Atlanta because their running game is pretty substandard if I recall correctly.

At least he doesn't fumble! I'm afraid to say Ace Sanders drops too many balls. I witnessed one actually, at Wembley.

ReputationRep:
    Stefen Wisniewski is basically choosing between the Bucs and the 'Hawks atm. Bucs probably offering more money, but 'Hawks offering stability and success now. Guess we'll find out what kind of guy he is. Praying for him to come to us

ReputationRep:

Behind that line, he'll have the legendary 1.0YPC. (Shudders).

Atlanta do not run block very well...at all.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the new American Football talk thread. Here we talk college football, NFL and British Universities American Football League (BUAFL).

We like to think we're a knowledgeable bunch on the sport so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them. Here's some rookie guides to game to get you started:

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/...ll/3192002.stm BBC Sport

http://http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/b...uidetofootball NFL

Just watch a few games though, you can pick most of it up as you go along.

American Football is constantly growing on UK television so here is the where to watch guide: Welcome to the Offseason The Dead-Zone has begun, watching NFL at this time is only available on GamePass in the UK and other non-US territories.

NFL GamePass - GamePass is a seasonal subscription service which costs £30 for subscription until July. It allows you to watch last season and many more historic games as well as the combine and draft. You also get NFL Network's 24 hour stream of NFL News and other programming. It will automatically renew at the end of the subscription period for the new season at £120 though so do be careful and remember to cancel.

There are 32 Teams in the NFL split into 8 divisions and 2 conferences, not many of us have geographic connections to the teams we support so it just came down to picking one because we liked them. Here are the teams and a list of people here who support them.

Teams and their supporters:

Spoiler:
    Show

AFC-NORTH

Baltimore Ravens -

Cincinnati Bengals -

Cleveland Browns -

Pittsburgh Steelers -

AFC-SOUTH

Houston Texans -

Indianapolis Colts -

Jacksonville Jaguars - Wattsy

Tennessee Titans -

AFC-EAST

Buffalo Bills -

Miami Dolphins -

New England Patriots - Malevolent, Stalin, Kenan and Kel,

New York Jets - A Mysterious Lord

AFC-WEST

Denver Broncos - jammy4041

Kansas City Chiefs -

Oakland Raiders -

San Diego Chargers -

NFC-NORTH

Chicago Bears -

Detroit Lions -

Green Bay Packers -

Minnesota Vikings - Arturo09

NFC-SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons -

Carolina Panthers -

New Orleans Saints -

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - ..DT ..

NFC-EAST

Dallas Cowboys - alow, Motorbiker

New York Giants - MrDystopia

Philadelphia Eagles -

Washington Redskins -

NFC-WEST

Arizona Cardinals -

San Francisco 49ers - Dprince

Seattle Seahawks - munn, cant_think_of_a_name

St. Louis Rams - Scott129

Posting Counts for the last thread:

Spoiler:
    Show

:king1: Malevolent 1,649
    :king2: The Patriot 619
    :king3: Wattsy 535
    ..DT.. 381
    Scott129 314
    jammy4041 279
    cant_think_of_name 255
    Hedgeman49 238
    ByronicHero 227
    419 215
    fudgesundae 195
    Tokyoround 187
    R-KAM 170
    SaltyPiratePony 163
    RabbitCFH 158
    bornab3 146
    Zubby77 129
    OxfordGoBrach 119
    ProgFeanor 118
    The Troll Toll 117
    jimbles 113
    RNBen 109
    munn 103
    Authority_Song 103
    TheMagicRat 102
    shunter7634 100
    alexsong 96
    WharfedaleTiger 96
    GooseNation 92
    Mann18 78
    Rekyht 78
    Greg1989 74
    SmashConcept 74
    Mithra 72
    IMakeSenseToNone 62
    A Mysterious Lord 62
    burningnun 62
    Mufasaa 61
    mobius323 58
    The Egg Militia 57
    alow 57
    B-More52 55
    Baltimoron 51

Minimum 50 posts to qualify
    I'm between Oakland Raiders and Carolina Panthers

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.