Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlucy)
    HEY everyone, hope you all feel the exam went well - for me it was okay, but I personally thought the extract from Of Mice and Men was a little ****ty, and didn't allow a great deal of in-depth analysis :/ Not much room for structure in either question (WIB 8, and OMAM a+b)....

I was wondering though.... does anyone know what percentage the controlled assessment is worth?

And then what is the literature (books) and poetry are worth individually too?

Thank you
    Books exam: 40%
    Poetry exam: 35%
    Controlled Assessment: 25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip3199)
    Books exam: 40%
    Poetry exam: 35%
    Controlled Assessment: 25%
    YOU'RE KIDDING ME.
    :pcguru:
    Oh ****, well. Goodbye English Literature GCSE. Nice knowing you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtdsv)
    I talked about Curleys life being brutal.. thats how you know i flopped
    Flopped like a fish. Sorry, I couldn't resist

ReputationRep:
    What's everyones predictions for Relationships poetry? I'm hoping it's To His Coy Mistress as that hasn't come up yet but I'm worried they might try to throw us off my repeating a poem

I got full marks in controlled assessment, but I feel the OMAM section today went awful so I'll have to really pull up my mark now in poetry

How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theD0N)
    did anyone talk about how women were treated in 1930s America for Of mice and men question on Curleys wife Death?
    I did in part b.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isthatmatilda)
    wow you take the exact same stuff as me :O
    i reckon it's gonna be between elizabeth and reputation for section a and atticus or courage for part b in section b
    im so panicked for this exam aednaosefbouefboefsfkesa n
    I had my exam today, how did you find it?!

ReputationRep:
    GUYS GUYS WE WILL BE FINE!!

I looked at last years grade boundaries for this exam which are pretty decent. 75% for a A* in this exam and 70% for A* in poetry exam. Also, to get a D in eng lit you would have only got 19 marks in the whole exam, which no one will!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big_dreamer)
    GUYS GUYS WE WILL BE FINE!!

I looked at last years grade boundaries for this exam which are pretty decent. 75% for a A* in this exam and 70% for A* in poetry exam. Also, to get a D in eng lit you would have only got 19 marks in the whole exam, which no one will!!
    All things are possible. LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColorMiKiki)
    Me! *cries*
    What did you think of the RS exam today

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the conflict cluster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameiskeith)
    What did you think of the RS exam today
    I thought it was really good, much easier than the first one - but all my friends said they thought it was harder. I even finished early, which I never usually do!
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColorMiKiki)
    All things are possible. LOL
    Yes but hopefully this year grade boundaries are even lower!!

ReputationRep:
    for AIC Mr Birling - talked about the irony at beginning, his refusal to accept responsiblity and towards the end where he says "we've been had".
    OMAM - part A I did not like as the passage was not the best, part B - death of candy's dog, curley's wife towards crooks (lynching threat), and the fight between Lenny and curley - the idea that disabled people were picked on - eventually went on to talk about how Steinbeck could be trying to say that the depression had cost people their humanity etc etc.

Basically talked a lot of S***

ReputationRep:
    did anyone talk about how women were treated in 1930s America for Of mice and men question on Curleys wife Death?

I put that as context for part B

ReputationRep:
    No context needed in that part. You get 0 marks for it. Context is only needed in part b soz ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VishyTaylor)
    I put that as context for part B
    how about part a what context did you write about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    No context needed in that part. You get 0 marks for it. Context is only needed in part b soz ;(
    ummm no thats wrong, if the context relates to your answer then its fine

ReputationRep:
    ummm no thats wrong, if the context relates to your answer then its fine
    Nope, the mark scheme begs to differ and it clearly says 0 marks awarded for context in part a. Furthermore my teacher has confirmed this. I am not telling you this out of hearsay lol. Its literally embedded in the mark scheme. Context for part a=0 marks. This doesn't mean you will get 0/15 for section a, but it does mean that your references to context do not add any extra marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armadillo1234)
    our invigilator told us that drafts don't get marked, but they do make things a bit easier for the examiner since they can vaguely tell whether your essay will be any good or not, so you should be fine
    Okay omg I was just worried because I wrote it in my answer book but thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlucy)
    Don't beat yourself up - i'm surprised you even had time! I'm sure they'll read through and be like "eh?" and then realise it was planning - you've aid the same thing as you planned, but later on and in more detail! Don't worry! Then certainly won't deduct marks.
    Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better haha🙊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.