Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackmc100)
    When did you send off your application and what are your grades and ums??
    Applied Friday, AAB at AS (A in Maths and Further Maths)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitromeguy)
    Congrats on your offer I've applied for the 4 year maths course at durham, haven't got a reply yet. I've had offers from Warwick, Bristol and Bath tho so I'm not too bothered, also applied to Cambridge.
    Ooooh best of luck, I'm kinda kicking myself now, really want to do the masters and I'm not sure if you can transfer up once you are there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    How slow? Makes sense tbh. They're probably experiencing a high volume of applications atm.
    Whereas when I applied, it was quite early!
    ~2 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iallhalocin)
    Nope! My first choice is Exeter as well - visited both Exeter and Bath's campus last month and fell in love with Exeter! It was my first choice prior to going but I met up with some staff and it reassured me Exeter is my first choice.

Where are you applying from?
    Yeah! It seems like a great place!
    I'm applying from India

you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronLee)
    Well done. What were your UMS marks in each of your modules??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronLee)
    You're so lucky bro I'm jealous now.

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer today!! aaah so happy, its been my favourite uni for agggeeesss! Offer for Chinese Studies at AAB!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nandini98)
    Yeah! It seems like a great place!
    I'm applying from India

you?
    Hong Kong!
    How's IB? And do you mind me asking you what subjects do you take?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applying for theology?

GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAAAABBB
    AS: AACC
    Predicted A Levels: A*AA

Applying to Oxford (Worcester college) and Durham (St John's college) though I doubt with my grades I'll get into either! Also applied to Exeter (offer for AAB), Birmingham (offer for ABB) and Winchester

ReputationRep:
    Hong Kong!
    How's IB? And do you mind me asking you what subjects do you take?
    Well, I'm not going to lie, IB is a LOT of work....
    It's a really demanding course and makes you choose a range of different subjects..
    But colleges really seem to like it so I guess there is a bright side to it..

I take:
    English Literature SL
    French B SL
    Math SL
    Biology HL
    Business and Management HL
    Geography HL

What subjects do you take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nandini98)
    Well, I'm not going to lie, IB is a LOT of work....
    It's a really demanding course and makes you choose a range of different subjects..
    But colleges really seem to like it so I guess there is a bright side to it..

I take:
    English Literature SL
    French B SL
    Math SL
    Biology HL
    Business and Management HL
    Geography HL

What subjects do you take?
    HL: Business, Art and Design Technology
    SL: Math, Chinese and Eng Lit.

ReputationRep:
    HL: Business, Art and Design Technology
    SL: Math, Chinese and Eng Lit.
    Nice!
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades?

Oh and quick question about Business, how are you finding the CUEGIS concepts in IB business?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Law at Josephine Butler :-)

I always cringe when I have to recall grades but:
    GCSE - 9A*, 1A
    AS Level - AAAA (and A in Gen Stud)
    Predictions - A*A*A*A* and A* in EPQ

I doubt I will hear back until next year though, good luck everyone x

ReputationRep:
    Have any applicants from the EU/UK heard back for English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    Have any applicants from the EU/UK heard back for English?
    even I haven't heard. I believe since English is probs their most popular course, we arent going to hear back until at least January.

ReputationRep:
    How do people get offers for AAB when the courses requirements are AAA or higher? Just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by english23)
    I got an offer from them for English today! After they'd just sent me an email saying that they were going to wait until January so I'm so confused.... But it's my one of my top choices so v. happy!
    Lucky you! Yea I got that email too. Congratulations. I think my case is also a bit complicated. Because I'm a second year uni student and I can leave at the end of this year with a Diploma in Higher education. I think this makes it complicated for them to make an offer. I didn't also do A2 English lit, so I might have to take it as private candidate in June. I hve already had an offer for history from Durham back in 2013/2014 but I declined it.
    Was your offer A*AA? Are you international or home student?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Politics a few hours ago. Durham will definitely be my firm so I'm ecstatic 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owenj4)
    Got an offer for Politics a few hours ago. Durham will definitely be my firm so I'm ecstatic 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Amazing, well done!! When did you send your UCAS off? I applied for Politics and Sociology (Combined Hons in Social Sciences) and was expecting to be waiting forever but it looks like they're getting through them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal-lum)
    Amazing, well done!! When did you send your UCAS off? I applied for Politics and Sociology (Combined Hons in Social Sciences) and was expecting to be waiting forever but it looks like they're getting through them!
    Thank you! I sent mine off Thursday October 22nd and they sent me a confirmation on the following Tuesday. Good luck with your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.