Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Tbh if we win tomorrow we're only 11 points off Chelski.

Now I know this may sound stupid but I think we may have a very extremely tiny small chance of still challenging for the title and I'm pretty sure Wenger does too. It is plausible considering our run of fixtures is generally very easy up until April or so. If we can maintain some consistency to our good form than we could easily be looking at a second place finish as I'm pretty sure the teams around us will be dropping a LOT of points, Chelski included.
    Yeah and when you get back to reality when Arsenal lose a couple of games you will come to your senses and realise the title is long gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Yeah and when you get back to reality when Arsenal lose a couple of games you will come to your senses and realise the title is long gone

Not really, we have a better team than Liverpool and they came pretty close last season. We are the best team in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Dennis Bergkamp once was #1 #2 and #3 on MOTD goal of the month, for 3 different games

He made it look like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Miss that era so much. Nobody ever believes this, but Bergkamp was one of the most violent footballers Ive ever seen. His elbow swing was a work or art

Dutch magic
    Got a signed shirt in my apartment. Guy is a legend, my favourite Arsenal player by a distance.

ReputationRep:
    **** sake there is no chance we are winning the title!

Hope for 3rd. Thats what is in reach

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    **** sake there is no chance we are winning the title!

Hope for 3rd. Thats what is in reach

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, getting into the UCL group stages without the annoying knockouts. That's something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Not really, we have a better team than Liverpool and they came pretty close last season. We are the best team in London.
    Maybe on paper but Arsenal currently aren't playing better than Liverpool of last season.

We'd already scored 53 goals in 22 games (and went on to score another 48 in 16 games) whereas Arsenal have only scored 39 goals.

ReputationRep:
    think it will be victory by a 2 goal margine today.. either 2-0 or 3-1

ReputationRep:
    #Arsenal team to play Aston Villa: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

#Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Chambers, Flamini, Rosicky, Akpom #AFCvAVFC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    #Arsenal team to play Aston Villa: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

#Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Chambers, Flamini, Rosicky, Akpom #AFCvAVFC
    Not very strong.

Can't wait for this. Victories at The Emirates two seasons running :cool:

It's gonna happen.

ReputationRep:

Looks like Ozil is going to be on the LW which is a bit frustrating. The good news is that Ramsey, Walcott and Ozil will get some useful game time.

Also is Ospina really our new No.1? Szczesny has been quite poor but I still see him as our long term GK. I guess the competition will do him some good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amoled)
    Looks like Ozil is going to be on the LW which is a bit frustrating. The good news is that Ramsey, Walcott and Ozil will get some useful game time.

Also is Ospina really our new No.1? Szczesny has been quite poor but I still see him as our long term GK. I guess the competition will do him some good.
    Tbf, given the way Santi has been playing off late, it would be unfair to just shunt him out to the wing.

Szcz is garbage. I am done defending him, he can pack his bags and go back to whatever building agency we got him from.

ReputationRep:

Szcz is garbage. I am done defending him, he can pack his bags and go back to whatever building agency we got him from.
    THAT's RACIST.

urgh.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Turns out that line up was right :flute:

ReputationRep:
    Jamie Carragher is so ****ing stupid ergh. I can't believe my dad pays money so I can listen to this Scouse talk rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    You can always rely on Peggles for a bit of casual racism/xenophobia on a Sunday morning.

ReputationRep:
    kinda game that needs Welbz tbh

when is he back?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Match thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post53334049

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, given the way Santi has been playing off late, it would be unfair to just shunt him out to the wing.

I agree Santi has been excellent.

Szczesny does have an attitude problem, and seeing the way de Gea and Courtois are doing its a little sad to see that he hasn't progressed as much. Having said that I do kind of feel a bit sorry for him because things seem to have gone particularly down hill since he got sent off in that Gala game in October. I was sitting pretty close to that end when it happened and I think he got a bit unlucky there. The whole incident happened so fast. No excuse for smoking though (if the rumours are true).

ReputationRep:
    How do we all feel in here currently? Confident of top four?

I personally can't see anything but a comfortable 2 or 3-0 win for you lot today.

Be interesting to see if that City game truly has changed the future of Arsenal games against the top 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal will get top 4 regardless. Big games are irrelevant unless you're challenging for the league. They'll get 3rd.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.