Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloenew23)
    difference between critical and sensitive period in Bowlbys theory?? THANKS
    I'm struggling on this too! Basically evolutionary theorists propose there is a sensitive period where attachment can form with Bowlby proposing this occurs the 3-4 month mark and with attachment more difficult in the months that follow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hpiercey3)
    Quick question, for Anxiety im a bit concerned about lack of A01 content - i have Deffenbacher and the Yerkes-Dodson curve, then loftus 1987 with the weapon focus?

Is there any other big studies i shouls be using? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

i used Johnson & Scott as my main study and i think i could get 6 marks for A01 just using their study on weapon focus effect

ReputationRep:
    There's no difference - it's just two terms that describe the same thing... Just explains the time frame that the child should be exposed to the mother (I'm ****ting myself for tomorrow)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.lawton)
    Reading this makes me nervous. I started my revision today...

Arghh so did I, not too sure i can pull it off now after reading all these comments haha

ReputationRep:
    How has research into day care influenced childcare practise (12 marks)

What am I suppose to use for A02? Case studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)

What AO1 would you be using for this question if it came up??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)

yes, as a01, explain the change, and then for a02, say this change was as a result of....

For example,
    For the Change in care of children in hospitals (improved opening hours)

for a02

this change was as a result of R&R research into Kate who had less long term effects due to being able to visit her mum in hospital.

however, i dont think this could really come up as 12 marker as lack of material, i will be screwed id it does!!

good luck xxxx

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=chloenew23;55628659]i used Johnson & Scott as my main study and i think i could get 6 marks for A01 just using their study on weapon focus effect[/QUOTEp
    ] for this anxiety I used Clifford and Scott, loftus and palmer and yullie and cutshall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaivfromONM)
    What AO1 would you be using for this question if it came up??
    I would say that reasearch into daycare has suggested that a child needs to have a keyworker. Studies have shown that children who receive foster care do better than those placed in institutional settings and that research led to major changes in hospitals

ReputationRep:
    difference between critical and sensitive period in Bowlbys theory?? THANKS
    There are subtle differences between them.
    Critical period = a set period of time between 0-30mths where a child HAS to form attachments or it will probably never form attachments.
    Sensitive period = unlike the critical period, the sensitive period has no set time frame, but is when a child is more sensitive to attachment formation.

"Theorists who believe in critical periods believe that children who do not get special stimulation during their window of receptivity are going to be "stuck" forever and never gain the abilities they should have gained in that period. However, other theorists believe that those very sensitive times in a child's life are just sensitive periods. They agree that children who do not get the right nurturing at the right times to jumpstart their developmental potential are going to have problems later in life, but they do not think that this inability to develop is permanent." (http://www.sevencounties.org/poc/vie...&id=7923&cn=28)

Confusing I know... but I really don't think you'll lose marks if you use them interchangeably in the exam (that's what I'm probably doing).

ReputationRep:
    yes, as a01, explain the change, and then for a02, say this change was as a result of....

For example,
    For the Change in care of children in hospitals (improved opening hours)

for a02

this change was as a result of R&R research into Kate who had less long term effects due to being able to visit her mum in hospital.

however, i dont think this could really come up as 12 marker as lack of material, i will be screwed id it does!!

good luck xxxx
    Ok thanks... Same, hoping the strage situation comes up instead
    Good luck xxx

ReputationRep:
    Best way to revise tonight and tomorrow morning?!

im feeling okay about the exam, i just want to finish off my revision with something productive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah4262)
    How long would you guys recommend spending on the 12-marker? I'm gonna leave it till the end but I haven't actually done any timed past papers so I'm not sue how long to leave for it?
    I usually spend 3 minutes at the start of the exam looking through the paper and reading every single question, just so I get a feel of the way that the examiners are asking the questions, and to settle myself down. This way, when you are on your last question (possibly the 12 marker) you don't get a massive shock and suddenly lose the will to live because it looks so disgusting to answer!

Personally, I try to spend about 12 minutes on the 12 markers, and definitely no longer than 15 minutes. If you spend any shorter, you probably aren't putting in enough detail to your A02. People forget that A02 is still worth half of the 12 marks in the question!!!

I also don't do the paper in order. I always do the 12 marker first, as it's the biggest level marked question, then I do the next biggest stepped question (usually an 8 or a 7 mark). That way, I am often confident that I've got a quite good score in both. If you run out of time, and all you have left is a two mark question, you can probably scribble down something and get at least a mark. If you have 3 minutes of the exam left and find that you still have a 4 mark and the 12 mark to go, you'll probably panic!

Good luck, you'll be great. Keeping an eye on the time is always the first step to success!

ReputationRep:
    How would you use Hodges and Tizard's study for both privation and institutionalisation? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    for an 8 mark question asking to outline and evaluate research into how age can affect EWT, will one research be enough? one research study along with 3 AO2 points? Or is it best to do 2 research studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omanadilahko)
    How would you use Hodges and Tizard's study for both privation and institutionalisation? :confused:
    Institutionalisation is a type of privation so you can say how the children had negative consequences later on (when they struggled to form social relationships at school etc). remember the children studied were from the age of 6 months all the way up to 16 years.

ReputationRep:

im feeling okay about the exam, i just want to finish off my revision with something productive?
    I would reccommend you listen to these, they're really helpful as a overview over everything! Good luck with your exam!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRls...DU9-Vq-e7a4oww

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Qvu9cuAHQBH8Vw

ReputationRep:

First, eat some food and relax. Then just go over what you think is the most difficult to recall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutE)
    for an 8 mark question asking to outline and evaluate research into how age can affect EWT, will one research be enough? one research study along with 3 AO2 points? Or is it best to do 2 research studies?

i would use two, but use one main study and then just a sentance to say that ********* also found that this was true... xxx

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if someone's already shared this, but here are some predictions for tomorrow's paper: http://www.loopa.co.uk/as-psychology...edictions-aqa/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.