Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That's great, congratulations If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted A level grades/IB grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I just logged in to "myApplication" on the KCL portal and saw that my programme was switched from Law LLB to Politics, Philosophy and Law. Has that happened to anybody? I am wondering whether the admissions tutor switched my programme or it is just a system error. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorka.v)
    Hi everyone! I just logged in to "myApplication" on the KCL portal and saw that my programme was switched from Law LLB to Politics, Philosophy and Law. Has that happened to anybody? I am wondering whether the admissions tutor switched my programme or it is just a system error. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's quite possible that they're offering you a place for PPL instead of the straight law course.

Single honours law is much more competitive than PPL, so I guess it would make sense. Definitely ask them away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawnleuop)
    That's great, congratulations If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted A level grades/IB grades?

I got ABC AS grades and I'm predicted A*AA. I' hoping to get A*A*A though.

ReputationRep:
    Does Bristol stick to the 31st March deadline (although it's actually march)? Iv waited so long I can't take it anymore :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkeer_1)
    Does Bristol stick to the 31st March deadline (although it's actually march)? Iv waited so long I can't take it anymore :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Technically they have up till 4 June to give you a reply! :\ Hope you'll get your answer soon though, I know how nerve wrecking it is. I'm still waiting on mine too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddalgi)
    Technically they have up till 4 June to give you a reply! :\ Hope you'll get your answer soon though, I know how nerve wrecking it is. I'm still waiting on mine too
    I was waiting on Bristol since November, sort of lost hope of getting an offer. Finally got one yesterday, so that may a sign that there starting to give out offers again! good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddalgi)
    Since he applied before the 15th of January, unis have until the 7th of May to decide -if they do not, it'll be automatically unsuccessful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfahy311)
    I was waiting on Bristol since November, sort of lost hope of getting an offer. Finally got one yesterday, so that may a sign that there starting to give out offers again! good luck anyway
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanya Pouncey)
    Got rejected by UCL because of my LNAT really eager to find out how badly I did, and I now have no hope for KCL.
    what was your lnat score?

ReputationRep:
    In retrospect I should've applied to LSE instead of KCL because they don't use the LNAT. Now I've only one offer, but it's Cambridge. However, I don't have an insurance after being rejected by Bristol, Nottingham and KCL. Although KCL couldn't have been my insurance anyway, I do wish that LSE, KCL and UCL made AAA offers for law. In an ideal world an AAA offer from LSE would be my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    In retrospect I should've applied to LSE instead of KCL because they don't use the LNAT. Now I've only one offer, but it's Cambridge. However, I don't have an insurance after being rejected by Bristol, Nottingham and KCL. Although KCL couldn't have been my insurance anyway, I do wish that LSE, KCL and UCL made AAA offers for law. In an ideal world an AAA offer from LSE would be my insurance.
    Doesn't really make sense getting an offer from Cambridge and not for Bristol??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LNAT score comes to play

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes it does, those unis base a lot of their decisions on the LNAT, whereas Cambridge has their own assessment process.

ReputationRep:
    I concur with the two previous comments

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an offer from Bristol recently? Still waiting.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyooyoyo)
    what was your lnat score?
    19, I got rejected by Kings because of it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanya Pouncey)
    Yes it does, those unis base a lot of their decisions on the LNAT, whereas Cambridge has their own assessment process.
    Yes that's quite obvious - I was more shocked that a successful Cambridge applicant wasn't successful for the lower ranked Uni's as this is rare. None the less extremely well done for his offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Bristol with 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilydia)
    I got rejected from Bristol with 20
    I scored 19 and still waiting since October... What's your stats like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.