Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. Chose context 2, but I felt I verged too far off the question ... as always. Started talking about supply-side policies

F these vague questions.

MCQ once again couldn't be better, completed them in ~13 mins lol.

"Price deflation" is "deflation" right? I mean, I didn't expect them to be talking about deflating footballs or car tyres but wtf was the reason to put price in front

ReputationRep:
    25 markers were horrible, i did context 2 and had brain block the whole 25 marker. i said how supply side policies will improve productive potential of economy and AD in shortrun (investment), however can conflict with inflation/unemployment long term if AD goes back low. then mentioned that inflation may be welcomed as currently in deflation. that was my best point the rest i just rambled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SotonianOne)
    I don't know. Chose context 2, but I felt I verged too far off the question ... as always. Started talking about supply-side policies

F these vague questions.

"Price deflation" is "deflation" right? I mean, I didn't expect them to be talking about deflating footballs or car tyres but wtf was the reason to put price in front
    Yh putting price before it threw me off a bit, I wrote the definition for deflation but I was doubting myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SotonianOne)

F these vague questions.

i wrote deflation for the 5 marker
    but MCQ most of them havent appear in the past years, thought it was quite hard

ReputationRep:
    Context 2 was a gift. So nice. That was a glorious paper for me:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoman1109)
    i wrote deflation for the 5 marker
    but MCQ most of them havent appear in the past years, thought it was quite hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I seemed to get quite a few D's and around Q20 I got a few B's in a row

ReputationRep:
    For the MCQ, i think it was question 9 and it asked what would be the most likely outcome when there is a high increase in interest rates.

the options were:
    decreased govt expenditure
    increase in aggregate investment
    decrease in house prices
    banks will to lend more money

can someone help me out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WavyShavy1)
    For the MCQ, i think it was question 9 and it asked what would be the most likely outcome when there is a high increase in interest rates.

the options were:
    decrease in house prices

can someone help me out?
    i put decreased house prices because mortgages are more expensive therefore house prices decrease to create sufficient demand... idk

ReputationRep:

the options were:
    decrease in house prices

can someone help me out?
    I put a decrease in house prices due to an increase in mortgage prices, and thus a reduction in demand for housing.

EDIT: darn too late

ReputationRep:
    It is definitely the house prices one. repeat from jan 11 q17 if u wanna check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renzhi10122)
    I put a decrease in house prices due to an increase in mortgage prices, and thus a reduction in demand for housing.

EDIT: darn too late
    I believe it was increase in investments.

Easiest paper for a long time, I'd expect high boundaries.

ReputationRep:

the options were:
    decrease in house prices

can someone help me out?
    Decreased house prices because less money is borrowed therefore less houses are demanded, lowering the demand causes a price fall.

And by elimination, the other 3 were automatically not possible. Higher interest rates = less investment due to less borrowing. Govt deficit has nothing to do with interest rates. Banks won't let more money because borrowing will be unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    Thats great to hear, I got 3 b's from question 20-23, That context 1 25 marker has just completely destroyed my grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jampot98)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I seemed to get quite a few D's and around Q20 I got a few B's in a row
    Yeah 20 - 23 and 25 were B and 24 was D I think

ReputationRep:
    For the multiple choice i got: BBADDBBDDADCDCAACCDBBCDD
    found the MCQ harder than in past papers but context 2 was so nice.

ReputationRep:

the options were:
    decrease in house prices

can someone help me out?
    I just did a process of elimination and was left with house prices. Didn't understand why and don't care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzie2)
    I just did a process of elimination and was left with house prices. Didn't understand why and don't care
    I said banks will lend more because they can make more back through repayments.

(Original post by JBrns97)
    but there will be less demand so they won't be able to lend more, it was 100% house prices decrease it has come up before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBrns97)
    I thought that people just would not loan at all anyway because the high interest rates deter them?

Well not at all, but much less.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.