The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Got to pretend im a hunan tomorrow cos boyfriends mum is taking me to get the fish tank.
Excited to be getting a fish tank but human interaction isnt ok at the moment!
Was meant to go to town today to fill in a form and found out i could do it online so i chose the easy option of filling it in online!

Really really missing my mum at the moment like millions :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel so ill and only had about an hours sleep and I don't want to do this :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:grouphugs: for all

Typing this from my new DSA laptop which arrived this morning :nutcase:
so fed up of being used.
Reply 704
Hey how is everyone?

I haven't been here in a while and a lot has changed for me. Going for the umpteenth fresh start and have moved to a new city and have just got a new full time job after being unemployed for a year.

Am scared how things will pan out but the good thing is that I am close to my brother who I recently reconnected with and is now like my mentor amd chief confidante. The great thing is that he is entirely unsqueamish/un embarrassed about my mental illness and I can tell him anything and he is just practical about stuff.

Still haven't returned to full confidence and am suffering with anxiety and fatigue but I am hoping to fake it until I make it
Original post by bad_username
does age even matter?

rather significantly judging by the results of this thread, and it's not even
mine:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3129099
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
rather significantly judging by the results of this thread, and it's not even
mine:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3129099

may be of interest, I think it was Okcupid did a study and asked men and women what age their ideal partner would be. As the women asked got older, their answers tended to increase too, staying roughly the same age as themselves.

comparatively the men asked tended to have answers in the early 20s, this stayed the same even as men got older.

http://www.break.com/article/men-of-all-ages-prefer-young-women-says-okcupid-data-2757565

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jay84
Hey how is everyone?

I haven't been here in a while and a lot has changed for me. Going for the umpteenth fresh start and have moved to a new city and have just got a new full time job after being unemployed for a year.

Am scared how things will pan out but the good thing is that I am close to my brother who I recently reconnected with and is now like my mentor amd chief confidante. The great thing is that he is entirely unsqueamish/un embarrassed about my mental illness and I can tell him anything and he is just practical about stuff.

Still haven't returned to full confidence and am suffering with anxiety and fatigue but I am hoping to fake it until I make it

Hey! Good to hear from you. That all sounds very promising - hope the new job goes well :h:
Original post by Odd socks
may be of interest, I think it was Okcupid did a study and asked men and women what age their ideal partner would be. As the women asked got older, their answers tended to increase too, staying roughly the same age as themselves.

comparatively the men asked tended to have answers in the early 20s, this stayed the same even as men got older.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Socky I'm not making out men are the only victims here so I agree with you that is quite shallow of men too :smile: it is confirmation of the theory I am trying to get rid of though, I can't escape it now...
Socky I'm not making out men are the only victims here so I agree with you that is quite shallow of men too :smile: it is confirmation of the theory I am trying to get rid of though, I can't escape it now...

All the men ive dated have been older than me (I dated a 24/25 year old when I was just barely 18, terrible idea btw) and it does tend to be that men are very immature at our age, I don't see why that's such a big deal. if you're the exception then great, why make it into a huge deal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the men ive dated have been older than me (I dated a 24/25 year old when I was just barely 18, terrible idea btw) and it does tend to be that men are very immature at our age, I don't see why that's such a big deal. if you're the exception then great, why make it into a huge deal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough…

just look at my accounts. I am definitely not the exception from TSR's opinion. 0_0
got 2 not very good letters today, one saying that because Ive missed a few doctors appointments I have to ring and explain myself and if I don't then I'll be taken off of the register at that practice :frown:

and second was our electricity bill and it seems huge :s-smilie: it covers the last 3 months but still £300 seems like a lot, my half of that would be £150 which is a big chunk to have to pay in one go :frown: looks like I'll have to turn off all heating and just be constantly cold at this rate :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Feel so ill and only had about an hours sleep and I don't want to do this :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I hope it is going/went well.
Reply 713
got 2 not very good letters today, one saying that because Ive missed a few doctors appointments I have to ring and explain myself and if I don't then I'll be taken off of the register at that practice :frown:

and second was our electricity bill and it seems huge :s-smilie: it covers the last 3 months but still £300 seems like a lot, my half of that would be £150 which is a big chunk to have to pay in one go :frown: looks like I'll have to turn off all heating and just be constantly cold at this rate :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you try and get afternoon appointments in future?

What about setting up a direct debit to the company? But £300 does sound keen! I think we pay £60 a month and thats cos i wasnt paying enough the last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Could you try and get afternoon appointments in future?

What about setting up a direct debit to the company? But £300 does sound keen! I think we pay £60 a month and thats cos i wasnt paying enough the last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's a good idea :redface: but ive still got to phone up and explain why ive been missing them and it's just gonna sound pathetic :frown:

yeah hopefully it's an over-estimate or anything, we've had the heating on but not loads :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 715
that's a good idea :redface: but ive still got to phone up and explain why ive been missing them and it's just gonna sound pathetic :frown:

yeah hopefully it's an over-estimate or anything, we've had the heating on but not loads :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Say your sleep has been terrible due to new medication?

Does seem a crazy amount! Deffo see if you can pay by direct debit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Say your sleep has been terrible due to new medication?

Does seem a crazy amount! Deffo see if you can pay by direct debit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

what difference would direct debit do? I'm terrible with money stuff :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 717
what difference would direct debit do? I'm terrible with money stuff :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just means you pay an amount each month rather than having to pay it all in one go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough…

just look at my accounts. I am definitely not the exception from TSR's opinion. 0_0

to be fair I haven't been reading your age threads, they tend to tire me, but I do think your over reaching this age thing

Just means you pay an amount each month rather than having to pay it all in one go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah right that might work :redface: though the bill is split between me and my flatmate so hopefully that won't complicate things :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
to be fair I haven't been reading your age threads, they tend to tire me, but I do think your over reaching this age thing

ah right that might work :i

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's OK. Age is one of the last invariable factors I can look at, since I've already got numerous responses on LMS (Looks Money Status) and 'dominance'. After this it's the variables i.e. personal self-development.

Interestingly the responses on r/askwomenadvice were different to the 2 TSR surveys (note what I say about TSR doesn't apply to the MHSS peeps :redface:)

http://www.reddit.com/r/askwomenadvice/comments/2uzmxt/why_are_women_especially_those_1630_generally/

Latest