Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jg88)
    That paper was satanic, definitely the hardest one yet... RIP to us.
    Does anyone know what the overall percentage weightings for each module are?
    On the bright side, let's concentrate on doing our best for F335! (It had better be nicer than this paper!)
    F334 is 15% of the A Level, F335 is 20% and F336 is 15%

lol watch how F335 is even worse OCR without a doubt my least favourite exam board

ReputationRep:
    another king cobra..
    But nah it was +4, it said S2 was -2 and there was VS4 so s4=-4 therefore V=4
    (Original post by king cobra)
    Defo +8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mars256)
    Whose got OCR b physics g494 tomorrow. That'll be fun!!!
    I've got AQA Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clive Bixby)
    Why has everyone got ethanoic acid? I wrote carbon monoxide because the elements were sort of there and I knew that CO actually chokes people by binding to haemoglobin which is what we sort of learnt last year. How does ethanoic acid choke people? Isn't it basically breathing in vinegar plus its a weak acid .. I don't know what to think.....
    If you had played with glacial (conc) ethanoic acid before (like I did for my aspirin coursework), you will know the vapor WILL choke you to death. I almost had an asthma attack when I was 'checking the process' of my synthesis by fanning the epected product (ethanoic acid) formed in my reaction towards my face. That was bad move.

ReputationRep:
    how did people find it? I think the paper was muchh better than last years in terms of difficulty but still some quite difficult qs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMB07)
    Anyone else put the triester for the IR Spec? I never recall seeing the peak for OH which everyone else seems to have seen...:curious:
    I got the triester! so did most at my school, the peak around 3000cm-1 was negligible!

ReputationRep:
    oh man i got edexcel physics

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be? Hopefully below 70 for an A - is that realistic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaDalby97)
    There was two steps, step one its oxidation state went from +4 to +5 so it was oxidised, and in the last step it went from a +5 compound to just V which is 0 so it was reduced
    But they only asked for steps one to three which doesn't include the last step?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexl23)
    Dayum guys, I found that a hard paper!

I got 97.1% too

I got VO^2+ as the ion that reacts with NaI
    How did you work out the 97.1 question?

ReputationRep:
    What did u guys put for the intermolecular bonding q? Like what bonds

ReputationRep:
    I feel like im revising so hard for no bloody reason! Wtf was that?!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?
    No Hitler video???

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know the wording of the 5 Mark DNA Question,
    I've managed to forget what was round I put the 2 and 3 hydrogen Bonds but can remember by looking at the question

ReputationRep:
    For the ph question were we meant to have units ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shostakovish)
    Seriously?
    No Hitler video???
    Well there is for the OCR A people but I guess because we're quite a small board...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clive Bixby)
    Why has everyone got ethanoic acid? I wrote carbon monoxide because the elements were sort of there and I knew that CO actually chokes people by binding to haemoglobin which is what we sort of learnt last year. How does ethanoic acid choke people? Isn't it basically breathing in vinegar plus its a weak acid .. I don't know what to think.....
    I got ethanoic acid because it was an ethanoate ester bonded to the carbon ring and it said it was hydrolysed, so logical step would be breaking ester bond to produce ethanoic acid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radhikagulati)
    I was stupid and crossed out the no. of hydrogen bonds do you think ill get a mark for saying CG has more hydrogen bonds? I put all the other stuff you said
    dunno :/ CG does have more hydrogen bonds tbf but the markers are dicks and will probs say no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleet_Fox)
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be? Hopefully below 70 for an A - is that realistic?
    Well last years paper (which I found harder than this) was 70, so I doubt it

ReputationRep:
    Guys here's another one:

weird molecule: PD-PD + ID-ID
    polyester: PD-PD + ID-ID

i just put the same thing twice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.