Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who are doing blood brothers there are some points to talk about in your exam.

- Consider the themes of wealth, social class, family and superstition.
    - How each scene/ plot foretells the future of the Johnston twins
    - The context of the play e.g. the 1950's and 1980's and what Liverpool was like during the time
    - Refer to quotes
    - The Similarities and Differences between the Johnston's and Lyons

The exam consists of a context question and an essay question, which is a total of 30 marks.

(Original post by NomadPrincess)
    Is anyone doing heroes and an inspector calls? What do you think might come up on friday's exam?
    I think that Sybil or Sheila are going to come up for An Inspector Calls

ReputationRep:
    I need to revise LOTF. I ****ing hate that **** excuse for a literary text. It's full of ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayzaa)
    Right, finished physics, that went alright, now onto this...

So, I've been away for a few days, what are the biggest rumours for Lord of the Flies and A View from the Bridge? My guess is Roger for LOTF and Marco for AVFTB.
    I'm also guessing Marco or Eddie

ReputationRep:
    Right, finished physics, that went alright, now onto this...

So, I've been away for a few days, what are the biggest rumours for Lord of the Flies and A View from the Bridge? My guess is Roger for LOTF and Marco for AVFTB.
    Did you do AQA physics? How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticNeighbour)
    Did you do AQA physics? How was it?
    Yeah I did.

I think it either went REALLY well and like 50/60 (definite A*) or I totally messed it up, 30/60 (Around C/B) on one paper, and the other was easier so I think I got probably an A* on that. I don't think theres an in between, either really good or really bad.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did.

I think it either went REALLY well and like 50/60 (definite A*) or I totally messed it up, 30/60 (Around C/B) on one paper, and the other was easier so I think I got probably an A* on that. I don't think theres an in between, either really good or really bad.
    oooh well done! You did P2 and P3? I found P3 a million times better than P2 to be honest. I don't think it went as well for me as it could've

ReputationRep:
    I think that shiela will come up on Fridays exam because she's the only one who hasn't come up yet and mrs birling was on the specimen paper so we can rule her out unless the question is based on the differences between the younger and the older generation.

Any predictions for heroes?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone doing Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha or is my school just weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayesophie13)
    how are you revising for them? any tips?
    I've been doing mind maps for each character and theme and revision note cards for quotes I need to learn
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticNeighbour)
    oooh well done! You did P2 and P3? I found P3 a million times better than P2 to be honest. I don't think it went as well for me as it could've
    Yeah I'm the same! I found P3 way easier, I was finished with like 20 minutes to go! A lot of people are saying it was all really hard, so I expect grade boundaries to be pretty low.

Anyway, this is English, and I need to know who could be in LOTF and AVFTB

(Original post by sw109357)
    Thats exactly what I was thinking for predictions.

They've got to ask one of Simon or Jack and For AVFTB Eddie and Beatrice have come up but not seperately. Rodolpho and Catherine have but Marco hasn't.

Wouldn't know what to write about Marco though :/ And he's the only one who hasn't come up at all...
    For Marco, the important thing that you can talk about is his relationship with Eddie an how this changes overtime. You can also mention that he tests Eddie's masculinity and decides not to follow the law, trying to accomplish whatever he wants to get revenge on people.
    I hope Eddie or Beatrice comes up though.. They might throw a relationship question in as well, so I am prepared for that.

I hope Jack comes up for LOTF. I don't really like the characer of Simon that much as he is very quiet and symbolises God or whatever. I find him boring but Roger will be strange but challenging question.

(Original post by kennethdcharles)
    I'm also guessing Marco or Eddie
    I'm guessing Eddie for A View From The Bridge and Jack or Roger for Lord of the Flies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHufflepuff)
    I think that Sybil or Sheila are going to come up for An Inspector Calls
    Could be these two, but I reckon Eric is just as likely to appear

ReputationRep:
    you were right birding cam up in the end !!
    (Original post by Tommy1499)
    the AIC question may be BIRLING, he is the only big charicter not to come up and they thought it was him last year until it was Eva, if you ask me , it's very likely to be him

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by manningA15)
    Could be these two, but I reckon Eric is just as likely to appear
    I didn't think that it would be Eric as I thought he came up in a recent paper

ReputationRep:
    Eric hasn't come up as a character question

ReputationRep:
    I think she had responsibility for her own death ,the fact that Lennie showed affection for her by stroking her hair showed her the only affection she had ever received on the ranch. Lennie killed Curley's Wife accidentally and you could say Curley's Wife was craving for affection as women in 1930s America were treated as an physical use. Lennie of course, had no clue.

ReputationRep:
    About A Boy predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    I'm guessing Eddie for A View From The Bridge and Jack or Roger for Lord of the Flies.
    Could it still be Jack even though he came up once in an extract question?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.