The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature GCSE 18th and 22nd May.

Scroll to see replies

I need to revise LOTF. I ****ing hate that **** excuse for a literary text. It's full of ****.
Original post by Jayzaa
Right, finished physics, that went alright, now onto this...

So, I've been away for a few days, what are the biggest rumours for Lord of the Flies and A View from the Bridge? My guess is Roger for LOTF and Marco for AVFTB.

I'm also guessing Marco or Eddie
Original post by Jayzaa
Right, finished physics, that went alright, now onto this...

So, I've been away for a few days, what are the biggest rumours for Lord of the Flies and A View from the Bridge? My guess is Roger for LOTF and Marco for AVFTB.

Did you do AQA physics? How was it?
Reply 703
Original post by ArcticNeighbour
Did you do AQA physics? How was it?

Yeah I did.

I think it either went REALLY well and like 50/60 (definite A*) or I totally messed it up, 30/60 (Around C/B) on one paper, and the other was easier so I think I got probably an A* on that. I don't think theres an in between, either really good or really bad.
Original post by Jayzaa
Yeah I did.

I think it either went REALLY well and like 50/60 (definite A*) or I totally messed it up, 30/60 (Around C/B) on one paper, and the other was easier so I think I got probably an A* on that. I don't think theres an in between, either really good or really bad.

oooh well done! You did P2 and P3? I found P3 a million times better than P2 to be honest. I don't think it went as well for me as it could've
I think that shiela will come up on Fridays exam because she's the only one who hasn't come up yet and mrs birling was on the specimen paper so we can rule her out unless the question is based on the differences between the younger and the older generation.

Any predictions for heroes?
Reply 706
Is there anyone doing Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha or is my school just weird?
Original post by fayesophie13
how are you revising for them? any tips?

I've been doing mind maps for each character and theme and revision note cards for quotes I need to learn
You?
Reply 708
Original post by ArcticNeighbour
oooh well done! You did P2 and P3? I found P3 a million times better than P2 to be honest. I don't think it went as well for me as it could've

Yeah I'm the same! I found P3 way easier, I was finished with like 20 minutes to go! A lot of people are saying it was all really hard, so I expect grade boundaries to be pretty low.

Anyway, this is English, and I need to know who could be in LOTF and AVFTB :smile:
Reply 709
Original post by sw109357
Thats exactly what I was thinking for predictions.

They've got to ask one of Simon or Jack and For AVFTB Eddie and Beatrice have come up but not seperately. Rodolpho and Catherine have but Marco hasn't.

Wouldn't know what to write about Marco though :/ And he's the only one who hasn't come up at all...

For Marco, the important thing that you can talk about is his relationship with Eddie an how this changes overtime. You can also mention that he tests Eddie's masculinity and decides not to follow the law, trying to accomplish whatever he wants to get revenge on people.
I hope Eddie or Beatrice comes up though.. They might throw a relationship question in as well, so I am prepared for that.

I hope Jack comes up for LOTF. I don't really like the characer of Simon that much as he is very quiet and symbolises God or whatever. I find him boring but Roger will be strange but challenging question. :biggrin:
Reply 710
Original post by kennethdcharles
I'm also guessing Marco or Eddie

I'm guessing Eddie for A View From The Bridge and Jack or Roger for Lord of the Flies.
Original post by TheHufflepuff
I think that Sybil or Sheila are going to come up for An Inspector Calls :smile:

Could be these two, but I reckon Eric is just as likely to appear :smile:
you were right birding cam up in the end !! :smile:
Original post by Tommy1499
the AIC question may be BIRLING, he is the only big charicter not to come up and they thought it was him last year until it was Eva, if you ask me , it's very likely to be him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manningA15
Could be these two, but I reckon Eric is just as likely to appear :smile:

I didn't think that it would be Eric as I thought he came up in a recent paper
Eric hasn't come up as a character question
I think she had responsibility for her own death ,the fact that Lennie showed affection for her by stroking her hair showed her the only affection she had ever received on the ranch. Lennie killed Curley's Wife accidentally and you could say Curley's Wife was craving for affection as women in 1930s America were treated as an physical use. Lennie of course, had no clue.
About A Boy predictions?
Original post by oni176
I'm guessing Eddie for A View From The Bridge and Jack or Roger for Lord of the Flies.

Could it still be Jack even though he came up once in an extract question?
what could be the heroes questions?
Reply 719
Original post by Steliata
Could it still be Jack even though he came up once in an extract question?

I would imagine he can quite easily come up as the essay question, and as with Roger, there is a lot you could say both structurally (his transformation to a savage) and contextually (Hitler). There are alot of quotes you could use aswell. Either Roger or Jack would be nice. Only characters you can almost cancel out are Piggy and Ralph as they are the only specific character questions in past papers.

AVFTB you can cancel out Catherine and Rodolfo, and I would say Eddie and Beatrice, whilst still possible, are less likely. Alfieri is also alot less likely as he was 2013s character, but that was an advice to actor question so he is still a possibility, albeit a lower one. Marco is probably the most likely.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending