Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anomalouse)
    I applied in October and I still haven't heard lol
    Me too😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yabadoo)
    Congratulations…Impressive results! I really want to go to St. Andrews, but given the stiff competition and limited spaces and my rather average results, I suspect I will be rejected. I did Maths and English (AA), Physics and History (BB) and Spanish (C) all in S5.Will be crashing 1 more Higher and doing 2 Advanced Highers in S6. Maybe they might offer me a conditional on my S6 results? Just wish they would reply soon! I am the only one in my class applying to St Andrews. Most people at my school don't even apply to University at all.
    Thank you! I think it's going to be my first choice, just trying to find other people doing economics! I think they'll take into consideration how difficult your subjects were last year. Hopefully you'll get an offer! There's roughly 300 people in my year and I think quite a few people are applying but for subjects like chemistry and computing. Do you mind me asking what school you're at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justbex)
    Thank you! I think it's going to be my first choice, just trying to find other people doing economics! I think they'll take into consideration how difficult your subjects were last year. Hopefully you'll get an offer! There's roughly 300 people in my year and I think quite a few people are applying but for subjects like chemistry and computing. Do you mind me asking what school you're at?
    I won't name the actual school, but it is in Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yabadoo)
    I won't name the actual school, but it is in Glasgow.
    Well good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Maths yet? It's got to the point I'm absolutely convinced I'm not going to get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uke_Kate)
    Anyone heard from Maths yet? It's got to the point I'm absolutely convinced I'm not going to get in!
    Just got an offer for Maths two days ago. I'm international

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard from a joint computer science degree yet ?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard about financial economics MA?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've applied to do philosophy at St Andrews. I'm from England and applied at the end of October and still haven't heard back.
    Has anyone heard anything from philosophy or theology?

ReputationRep:
    Just had my offer come through! AAB for Arabic and Spanish- so happy!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have applied to study Economics and International Relations at St Andrews, I applied back in November but await a response however I think even if I got an offer I wouldn't be able to make the grades. For me St Andrews looked like an amazing university and for some people it will be however when I went to view it, although it is a beautiful place, I was put off by how out of date, upper class and multi-cultural it was. Personally I felt as if it is not somewhere I would fit in at.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer through for International Relations! So happy!!

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer for Evolutionary Biology! ..Not that I want to go to St Andrews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TartanGibby)
    Hey, I have applied to study Economics and International Relations at St Andrews, I applied back in November but await a response however I think even if I got an offer I wouldn't be able to make the grades. For me St Andrews looked like an amazing university and for some people it will be however when I went to view it, although it is a beautiful place, I was put off by how out of date, upper class and multi-cultural it was. Personally I felt as if it is not somewhere I would fit in at.
    You were put off by how "multi-cultural" it was? Lol thats the opposite of me, I really want an international environment. Id love to go there. Havent heard back yet though. Applied for the same course (weird you want to study IR..?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ntanationa)
    You were put off by how "multi-cultural" it was? Lol thats the opposite of me, I really want an international environment. Id love to go there. Havent heard back yet though. Applied for the same course (weird you want to study IR..?)
    I applied to St Andrews before I went and viewed it and IR was the closest thing they had to politics which I applied to at other uni;s (Economics and Politics that is). In terms of the multi-cultural nature of St Andrews, it is one thing to be multi-cultural which all uni's are but St Andrews for me was too multi-cultural, I was the only Scottish person I saw on that day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    Just had my offer come through! AAB for Arabic and Spanish- so happy!!!
    Well done! Are you firming it? I'm waiting for French and Hebrew, so hopefully not long now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TartanGibby)
    I applied to St Andrews before I went and viewed it and IR was the closest thing they had to politics which I applied to at other uni;s (Economics and Politics that is). In terms of the multi-cultural nature of St Andrews, it is one thing to be multi-cultural which all uni's are but St Andrews for me was too multi-cultural, I was the only Scottish person I saw on that day.
    Where have you applied to? I applied to PPE and similar courses too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for English and French and French and Spanish...Last two things to hear from, hopefully won't be too long!

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for IR!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I thought I would say hello lol I have applied for psychology still waiting

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2017
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.