Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im gonna have a go at this question `How has the plate tectonics theory has helped humans prepared for seismic events` then ill post it up here for improvements and shizz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    I would hate a 40 marker on that - would probably not do it :|
    how can volcanoes tell you where you are?
    Erm...😂
    You can tell where a volcano is because there is a large mountain with Radon and sulphur gases detected near the summit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PEAK4U;[url="tel:65450465")
    65450465[/url]]im gonna have a go at this question `How has the plate tectonics theory has helped humans prepared for seismic events` then ill post it up here for improvements and shizz
    Please do!

ReputationRep:
    is it a good idea to know about slab pull and ridge push for tectonics?

ReputationRep:
    In what ways could planning and management come up as a short answer?

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody answer:
    Explain the structure of an Eco-system?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lavender26)
    Erm...😂
    You can tell where a volcano is because there is a large mountain with Radon and sulphur gases detected near the summit
    but without going to the site and just from plate boundaries? Or am I asking a stupid question :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomicmat)
    In what ways could planning and management come up as a short answer?
    it has before
    jan 2012
    Discuss the planning and management issues that have arisen in areas that have undergone urbanisation in recent years (10)

ReputationRep:
    So what are people thinking for the world cities essay. I'm not too sure as the major essays like urban regeneration and sustainability have come up quite a few times and also fairly recently. Perhaps decentralisation of retail could be the essay... I don't know. Opinions anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron;[url="tel:65451469")
    65451469[/url]]it has before
    jan 2012
    Discuss the planning and management issues that have arisen in areas that have undergone urbanisation in recent years (10)
    Yeah true I did that one, talked about Kibera. could they ask about contrasting case studies? If so what would you discuss do 10 marks

ReputationRep:
    I have also thought of a potential development and globalisation 40m for someone to plan and post."Evaluate the impacts new technologies have to play in the global economy in relation the diminishing roles of Asian Tigers"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    but without going to the site and just from plate boundaries? Or am I asking a stupid question :/
    Haha don't worry!
    Well you can only tell where plate boundaries are from earthquakes or volcanoes anyway (you can't actually see them!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomicmat)
    Yeah true I did that one, talked about Kibera. could they ask about contrasting case studies? If so what would you discuss do 10 marks
    I dont think they would - otherwise I have nothing to say
    but I guess waste management and transport stuff could be a planning and management issue for an HIC?

ReputationRep:
    ANyone know how to anwser - Explain the structure of an Eco-system?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lavender26)
    I have also thought of a potential development and globalisation 40m for someone to plan and post."Evaluate the impacts new technologies have to play in the global economy in relation the diminishing roles of Asian Tigers"
    how would you go about answering this?
    I would be able to give it a shot if it was asking for the impact of new markets, but new technologies is a more difficult link.. any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyH321)
    ANyone know how to anwser - Explain the structure of an Eco-system?
    its a hard question but I would section it into cycles such as the nitrogen and carbon cycle and systems e.g. looking at a deciduous tree inputs and out put and maybe look at photosynthesis etc. and then food webs, chains and how energy is transferred i.e. producer -> 1 consumer -> secondary consumer -> decomposer ! this would only be a eight marker and remember ecosystems is logical so just adapt your own knowledge!! I hope this helps and this is just my interpretation and I could easily be wrong!! xx

ReputationRep:
    quick note anyone who is doing World Cities they have never done traffic management on it own so be mindfull they have only combined it with waste but have done waste separately and also they have not done suburbanisation since the first paper so that could also occur!! just so you guys know

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering are people revising 3 or 4 topics? My school taught 4 but think I'll only revise 3: tectonics, world cities and conflict, what is everyone else doing?
    Also any predictions essay or structured question for these topics would be great!
    Lastly I know it doesn't say a case study for tsunami on the spec but could I use the Indonesian tsunami instead of one earthquake case study, almost like killing two birds wit one stone, what do people think? Bareing in mind I'll only do structured question for tectonics.
    Thanks to anyone who responds haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hesterrose)
    what is the definition of a hazard?
    I would define a hazard as - A hazard is something that poses a threat or risk on the human population or the environment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamestanben)
    Hi, just wondering are people revising 3 or 4 topics? My school taught 4 but think I'll only revise 3: tectonics, world cities and conflict, what is everyone else doing?
    Also any predictions essay or structured question for these topics would be great!
    Lastly I know it doesn't say a case study for tsunami on the spec but could I use the Indonesian tsunami instead of one earthquake case study, almost like killing two birds wit one stone, what do people think? Bareing in mind I'll only do structured question for tectonics.
    Thanks to anyone who responds haha
    1. There is no need to revise 4 topics as you only need to answer 3
    2. Id advise you revise 2 earthquake case studies and at least one tsunami case study

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.