Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YangSquared)
    can anyone remember the 2nd four marker question?
    how would zambias HDI be expected to change

i explained hdi, said it would improve using some figures, then said its a small improvement relative to developed economy using gni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis_Annear)
    Did the terms of trade get better or worse?
    Worse

ReputationRep:
    cba gonna watch all of the new OITNB series might aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCoolVille)
    HDI question. What did you write?
    Mentioned the three indicators of HDI, said that each of them went up and quoted the figures from the extract, so this suggested HDI has improved. Then said this may have been because more money spent on public services by government but wasn't sure whether I had to put a reason as to why HDI has improved.

ReputationRep:
    Dont give up what did you write for the comparative advantage question may have got it right
    (Original post by SilverHorsey)
    cba gonna watch all of the new OITNB series might aswell

ReputationRep:
    I talked about Improving access to credit, improving infrastructure, and reducing/removing regulations and referred a lot of it about MNCs, is this correct for the 20 marker?

ReputationRep:
    The worst question was that comparative advantage q. For the current account q, I said why the balance improved because of the depreciation but then talked about how other factors such as the Marshall Lerner condition were were responsible for the stagnation part of the trend.

ReputationRep:
    Also, what were counter points people wrote for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillRose)
    how would zambias HDI be expected to change

i explained hdi, said it would improve using some figures, then said its a small improvement relative to developed economy using gni
    Ah same! I stated the HDI measures & said how it improved using the extract figures.. Oh & said something about how primary school enrolment decreased but it didn't matter greatly as it could be adults... or something like that :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piers456)
    I wrote about the limitations of the supply side policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realbigboi)
    Dont give up what did you write for the comparative advantage question may have got it right
    i wrote like itll open up markets and stuff cos countries will trade with other countries who have comparative advantage in some products
    i got less time though cos i went late cos my neighbour dropped me half way then ran the rest and the exam guy was like u finish at the same time i was like who do you think you are but obviously had to abide like i dont want to cause a scene and all that but if he does that again ill gladly place him on a 1 inch stool rather than on his 6 ft high golden pedestal you know
    fumingggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holy_Wam)
    The worst question was that comparative advantage q. For the current account q, I said why the balance improved because of the depreciation but then talked about how other factors such as the Marshall Lerner condition were were responsible for the stagnation part of the trend.
    The current account question asked about the long run trend so it was wrong to refer to parts that were fluctuating. You should have mentioned that it didn't have the expected affect because the deficit hadn't been completely eliminated and so this was because of the demand for imports and exports not being sufficiently price elastic for the trade balance to correct itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piers456)
    not a lot tbh, just wrote a little about demand side and said long run growth (due to supply side policies) will only occur if AD is high enough using a graph.

ReputationRep:
    for the 4 marker, can i say these figures increased because govt has higher tax revenue and increased spending on education and healthcare due to an increase demand for primary commodities, leading to increase in hdi figures?

ReputationRep:
    You cant change the past only the future chill out realx for a bit and then focus on whats next
    (Original post by SilverHorsey)
    i wrote like itll open up markets and stuff cos countries will trade with other countries who have comparative advantage in some products
    i got less time though cos i went late cos my neighbour dropped me half way then ran the rest and the exam guy was like u finish at the same time i was like who do you think you are but obviously had to abide like i dont want to cause a scene and all that but if he does that again ill gladly place him on a 1 inch stool rather than on his 6 ft high golden pedestal you know
    fumingggg

ReputationRep:
    for the 10 marker of the trends i didn't mention the stagnation...is this bad? i said the other reasons that were responsible to the trend instead of the exchange rate depreciating for example marshall learner being satisfied, government bonds investment from countries such as china and then that the trend of the current account deficit improving because the government may be repaying large debt. Is this correct?

ReputationRep:
    For the comparative advantage one could you talka bout how you can exploit it and the benefits from countries that do? Higher tax revenues and increased AD?

ReputationRep:
    How high do you guys think the grade boundaries might be for an A or A*?

ReputationRep:
    For 6 marker on worsening ToT, I wrote about fall in revenue from exports as profit for Firms is less so less fiscal dividend for government. And wrote about fall in AD as exports are a component so as prices fall, so do revenues generated and expanded on that (fall in growth, unemployment etc) is this okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YangSquared)
    I wrote about the limitations of the supply side policies.
    I did this aswell. At my school there was a split between this and people who were saying you're meant to talk about other, non SS ways to achieve economic growth...
    Apparently they might cap people who did what we done, they have previously capped 'one sided' arguments at 11 marks. If they do, then we're screwed.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.