Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Applied on the 15th, got an offer from Surrey today for AAA.
    Waiting on Warwick, Durham, Cambridge, and Bath, all 5 for economics.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Newcastle within 3 hours of sending my form. Received one from Northumbria the day after.

Waiting on Leeds, York, and Edinburgh. I hear the latter takes a particularly long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarthaHG)
    A couple of my friends have applied for BA. Where have you applied?
    Bristol, Cambridge, Exeter, LSE and Royal Holloway. Bristol is BSc but the rest are BA

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Kings is also really quick too.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Southhampton, Birmingham, Exeter and Durham. Durham apparently don't normally give offers till around January (?) so everyone at school is mad at me. Don't expect Durham offers soon in general but Birmingham are on top of things for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I received my offers from Kings, Manchester, Royal Holloway and Greenwich to study Classical Studies or History, all within 2 days of sending my application. Still waiting on SOAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urteeththo)
    I got a Kings offer 6 days after I sent my application
    its for pharmacology and molecular genetics
    Is it your firm/insurance choice? I'm also applying for pharmacology and molecular genetics at King's but my application is being sent off on monday!

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 23rd October (for psychology). Kent and York gave me offers on the 27th, Essex gave me one on the 5th, Sussex gave me one today, still waiting on Newcastle. I was really surprised at getting offers 4 days after I sent my UCAS but it was a nice surprise, I'm certainly not complaining :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm The Real MVP)
    Update: I've now had responses from City Uni, Westminster Uni and Kings College London. 2/3 gave me an offer.
    When did you send your application??

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer from York yesterday to read history, about three weeks after sending my application, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Durham, Birmingham, Oxford and St Andrews.

ReputationRep:
    I have obtained offers from Southampton and Durham, Southampton replied a month ago, Durham replied last week. Waiting for cambridge imperial and ucl currently

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my emails out of curiosity to find not only Nottingham trent has offered me an unconditional but so has Lincoln, even though they are my insurance choices at the minute it's nice to be reassured my personal statement wasnt terrible haha, 3/5

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from St Andrews?

ReputationRep:
    I got two offers from Queens Belfast for Physics and Chemistry. Cambridge say they haven't sent out interview invitations yet (my college, at least) and no idea what's going on with Edinburgh.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I sent off my application on September 15th to Salford (Journalism and English), and UCA Epsom and BIMM Manchester (both Music Journalism) and I haven't heard anything back yet! I got an email from UCA about my applicant portal (which I suppose means my application is being reviewed?)- that was mid October and I've heard nothing else! Has anyone else applied to these unis/these courses?

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer from kent 4 hours after i sent in my UCAS for Bsc psychology (AAB) however,
    Birmingham, Southampton, Portsmouth and Queen Marys are so slow!!!
    :'(

ReputationRep:
    Kent are being speedy, I got my offer in less than 24 hours - it was for Digital Art

ReputationRep:
    How are people getting unconditional offers?
    Im predicted AAB will i get one for a course like accounting at royal holloway

ReputationRep:
    I've received offers from Manchester, Birmingham, Bath and Leeds to study physics already. The only one left is Oxford but i guess i have a long wait for that verdict!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claraoswin114)
    Is it your firm/insurance choice? I'm also applying for pharmacology and molecular genetics at King's but my application is being sent off on monday!
    well that depends on how many dentistry offers i get (if any!)
    pharmacology is my backup option ,would love to go to kings wby?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.