Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thuphammm)
    youre so lucky but is it k100 or K102 bc i applied for K102 and havent heard anything from them..
    K100 architecture. I think it must be massively to do with your personal statement and the drawing task as my predicted grades are no where near as good as some of the competition. I just think if you show dedication and a lot of effort they favour that! Have you completed the task?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molliemacdonald1)
    K100 architecture. I think it must be massively to do with your personal statement and the drawing task as my predicted grades are no where near as good as some of the competition. I just think if you show dedication and a lot of effort they favour that! Have you completed the task?
    for K102 they didnt ask for the task but the portfolio only and i sent them in late Nov and i even asked them about the interview but they said that there no interview for this course.. im confused now should i send them another email or something because i think it's easier to impress them face2face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Just an interview for westminister! Have sent off my Manchester and Brighton digital portfolios today. What about u
    I've had an offer from birmingham, and I've got an interview for csm coming up as well

ReputationRep:
    ucl, greenwich, kingston, south bank and brighton. have you got any offer?
    I have offers from Manchester and Sheffield. I have an interview at UAL, but haven't heard from the other two yet

ReputationRep:
    should i send them an email or sth because im afraid that they'd see me as an unprofessional student and i'd fail either way..
    Yeah, or get your school/college to contact them for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afang02)
    i brought lots LOL... actually i think i brought way too many.
    https://zfangportfolio.carbonmade.com/ this is my online portfolio for brookes
    looks really really good. also, I love your drawing of the church of light! Tadao Ando is my favourite architect also.. I want to visit his contemporary art museum in Naoshima so bad! how many sheets did you take as part of your physical portfolio to ucl? did you do it on a1? did you take a lot of sketchbooks (academic and personal)? how long did the interview last? sorry about all the questions!!! haha

this is my online one for brighton; www.sabrahislam.carbonmade.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketluke1)
    Yeah, or get your school/college to contact them for you
    You will likely only end up speaking to the admissions office and not the tutor or admissions adviser who will deal with your application, so you needn't worry about calling with a query.

I have called RGU 4 times with various application queries before, during and after applying. I have spoken to a different person every time and have not received any negativity for asking for help/information.

The worst that will happen is you don't get accepted, which is not the end of the world as you can improve and try again, and that won't be affected by a telephone call to the admissions office.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Lol got a rejection from ucl...
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raimonds)
    Aw man sorry to hear that. did you get it today?

ReputationRep:
    heyyy have you heard anything from brighton yet?
    hey yeah I received a portfolio request which I sent off yesterday. I didn't receive an email to my Hotmail about this but rather I received a message on my Brighton Student Central account. If you have not heard anything, I would recommend checking on that!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Bath yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molliemacdonald1)
    i dont have a task but they still asked for my portfolio as it's k102 i think

ReputationRep:
    UCL received my task on January 5th or so, after that nothing heard from them is that normal? does that mean anything?

ReputationRep:
    Aw man sorry to hear that. did you get it today?
    Yeah. Not even an email, just a change in UCAS track

ReputationRep:
    looks really really good. also, I love your drawing of the church of light! Tadao Ando is my favourite architect also.. I want to visit his contemporary art museum in Naoshima so bad! how many sheets did you take as part of your physical portfolio to ucl? did you do it on a1? did you take a lot of sketchbooks (academic and personal)? how long did the interview last? sorry about all the questions!!! haha

this is my online one for brighton; www.sabrahislam.carbonmade.com

thanks i really want to go to japan to see some of his work as well haha
    and your works are really cool!

i took about 10~20 sheets, each sheet has one or more images. it was an A1 portfolio.
    my sketchbooks, academic and personal, were in a suitcase and the suitcase was removed by someone while i was on the train to london...someone might has mistaken it i guess. it happened just before my interview so i have to attend the interview without any sketchbooks, which was pretty awkard.
    it took about 15~20 minutes i think, they tried to look through all of my works so it felt pretty quick

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear:/ was that after an interview or after the task?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    sorry to hear:/ was that after an interview or after the task?
    Task. I think it's because i tried something different for one of the drawing so it didnt fit in with the set. They're very picky about what they want...

ReputationRep:
    Task. I think it's because i tried something different for one of the drawing so it didnt fit in with the set. They're very picky about what they want...
    Where else have you applied? That sucks man... How did you do it may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    im really sorry for that but what's your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR2016)
    Manchester, Edinburgh, UAL, Sheffield and Liverpool.
    Where have you applied?
    Have you had an offer from UAL yet???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.