Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I do not believe the words of the government, I think the truth is the government are making it up as time goes on, there were no Statement of Intents drafted months ago, there is no primary legislation ready to be released, there is no big debate taking place on a big piece of legislation, and there is no legislation being written; it is all an idea of things to be done.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I do not believe the words of the government, I think the truth is the government are making it up as time goes on, there were no Statement of Intents drafted months ago, there is no primary legislation ready to be released, there is no big debate taking place on a big piece of legislation, and there is no legislation being written; it is all an idea of things to be done.
    Well you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong that is.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong that is.
    So to!e and again saying "we're about to do something" and then not doing it means we should believe you when you try and pull the same stunt again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So to!e and again saying "we're about to do something" and then not doing it means we should believe you when you try and pull the same stunt again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are statements and bills in discussion.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    So only the chancellor is capable of writing primary legislation that relates to the budget? And these SoIs that have been drafted for months and a month ago were almost ready for release?
    It is the responsibility of the Chancellor to lead that project, and James has started it off.

There are a number of SoI drafts on the subforum, but they are not necessarily ready for release.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    There have been things in discussion for three months but nothing has been published; if you were in my position I think you would be questioning a government that needs more than three months to discuss something.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    There have been things in discussion for three months but nothing has been published; if you were in my position I think you would be questioning a government that needs more than three months to discuss something.
    Well you can just wait and see.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Again, a line that has been touted for months with next to nothing to show for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Again, a line that has been touted for months with next to nothing to show for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tge government has produced more then any other party.

ReputationRep:
    And of course
    this government has been a hive of activity with a lot of high quality output, especially in their first month...
    Well at least we've produced some relatively detailed plans, some sensible (from our point of view) bills, and a budget that wasn't half a page long.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Well at least we've produced some relatively detailed plans, some sensible (from our point of view) bills, and a budget that wasn't half a page long.
    What detailed plans? And it's all well and good having a plan, but it's about actually enacting that plan, something that you are failing to do, and in particular the liberals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is fair to mention my SoI, which will be rereleased next week or the week after I hope with the changes needed, took around a month to finish in it's entirety, with parts being added over time until such a moment I felt it was worth putting forward, I am also drafting a second SoI which I am sure the house will just love so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    What detailed plans? And it's all well and good having a plan, but it's about actually enacting that plan, something that you are failing to do, and in particular the liberals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean SOIs.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I mean SOIs.
    The author of half are gone, one was so bad that it was withdrawn in less than 24 hours and put into the shambles you called a budget. The record is hardly great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The last time Ukip was in government, we had one government SOI and one bizarre, poorly-thought-out government bill. Oh, and one 'budget' - aka half a spreadsheet of wrong figures. I'm not sure what you're smoking but I'd like to try it if it's making you think that's more than what we've done.
    Correction: There were two. JoeL1994 as a Kipper had one for Defence, I as a Green had one for Devolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Correction: There were two. JoeL1994 as a Kipper had one for Defence, I as a Green had one for Devolution.
    I stand corrected, I only based that on what I saw in the Division Lobby.

ReputationRep:
    My SoI was not sent to a vote, and I believe it is actually not the norm for SoIs to be sent for a vote. Then Leader of the Opposition, our now right honourable and most reverend Speaker, presuably requested that as the Defence SoI was controversial.

SoIs never really had to be 'passed' as all should follow bills to actually make the change. But I did not have the opportunity to do that as the government was VoNCed very soon after my SoI was released.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That methodology would drop your count to 1 i believe, making this government significantly worse.

ReputationRep:
    Can the Government please tell me what this house uses as its GNI figures. Thank you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Can the Government please tell me what this house uses as its GNI figures. Thank you
    It's not the decision of the house but the author of particular bills.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.