Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    You can provided your inns of court scholarship is worth less than £10k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murphy39)
    Am I correct in my understanding that you can't have both an inns scholarship and a BPP award?
    I think they will also allow you to apply bursaries as fee reductions if you have an Inns scholarship over £10k. (They've offered £1000 bursaries for people that weren't in the top 10 of the Excellence Award and there's also an international student bursary if that is applicable for you.) This info is completely based on assumption though, so worth double checking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab)
    7BR rejections out by email for what it's worth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did 7BR send acknowledgements of application? I never received one and assumed they didn't. I haven't received a rejection or (less likely now) an invite yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MKK93)
    Did 7BR send acknowledgements of application? I never received one and assumed they didn't. I haven't received a rejection or (less likely now) an invite yet...
    I've just had a look through my emails and I am pretty certain I didn't receive any type on confirmation from them regarding receipt of the application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MKK93)
    I didn't get an acknowledgement but it's worth emailing them as one of my applications to another set ended up in their spam folder!

ReputationRep:
    I emailed 7BR to check, they confirmed rejection and said that due to number of apps they havent yet sent out all rejections but will be doing so soon.

ReputationRep:
    7BR rejections out by email for what it's worth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't received either a rejection or an invite. Perhaps I'm doubly awful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    No surprise given that according to Pupillage Gateway they are not even offering a pupillage this year...
    It's not exactly rare for pupillages not to be offered via the gateway. Though Hogarth listed a pupillage last year on its web site, then told applicants that it hadn't really intended to do that at all. Be interested to hear of someone who did actually get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planet_sophie)
    I had my interview at inner on 5th March and was told 7-10 days from then! Hope its not 7-10 from 12th!
    I was told end of March so I think it's more likely 7-10 from 12th.
    I had my interview the 12th, towards the end of the day. The (lovely) lady QC in charge, whose name I have forgotten, said that they had one more interview after me (presumably each panel had one more), that they would be deciding that very afternoon and that I should hear within a week i.e. during next week.

I presume you all also had the feedback email today which said within 2 weeks [of now?] by post to the address on your form.

(Original post by planet_sophie)
    You can provided your inns of court scholarship is worth less than £10k.
    (Original post by wannabeebar)
    I think they will also allow you to apply bursaries as fee reductions if you have an Inns scholarship over £10k. (They've offered £1000 bursaries for people that weren't in the top 10 of the Excellence Award and there's also an international student bursary if that is applicable for you.) This info is completely based on assumption though, so worth double checking!
    I thought they initially said (as per application form/website) that no-one with more than £10k other funding could have a scholarship, but a few days before the excellence award deadline they relented and sent out a mass email saying following a number of enquiries they had decided to disregard Inns scholarships from the 10k limit. But presumably if you have, say a £15k drawdown (imagine) that would exclude you still. I suggest you wait until you see what (if) you're offered and then let them know if you have other funding.

I think you also have to let the inns know if your financial situation changes, but once awarded I expect they would not change it for a merit-based scholarship. Depends on the inn. I think full disclosure to everybody and open honesty etc. is the only way to go.

(Original post by MKK93)
    I also have had no acknowledgement, no rejection and no interview (I can only assume that I probably won't be a pupil there in 2017...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aforcemajeure)
    I haven't received either a rejection or an invite. Perhaps I'm doubly awful?
    I think it means that we put in such good applications that they can consider us without the need for a pesky interview. The interviews are for those who still need to prove themselves.... (!)

(Original post by Bob boblaw)
    I emailed 7BR to check, they confirmed rejection and said that due to number of apps they havent yet sent out all rejections but will be doing so soon.
    How long does it take to make a list of all the applicants' email addresses except the few you are interviewing, write "Dear All, Thanks. No. Best Wishes" and hit send?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying to 2 Bedford Row this year ? I am itching to apply, but not looking forward to that wait !

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I've had confirmation from BPP that BPP will still award scholarships to those with Inns scholarships over £10k. The maximum amount that can be awarded is £4k. I believe this is done via fee reduction.

In other news, has anyone heard from University of Law re: advocacy scholarships and/or 1 Chancery Lane re: first round pupillage interviews? Also, does anyone have a general idea when Gray's Inn scholarship decisions may be sent out? Lots of waiting going on at the moment...!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    In other news, has anyone heard from University of Law re: advocacy scholarships and/or 1 Chancery Lane re: first round pupillage interviews? Also, does anyone have a general idea when Gray's Inn scholarship decisions may be sent out? Lots of waiting going on at the moment...!
    Nothing from 1 Chancery Lane yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I've had confirmation from BPP that BPP will still award scholarships to those with Inns scholarships over £10k. The maximum amount that can be awarded is £4k. I believe this is done via fee reduction.

I have heard nothing from any of those three!

ReputationRep:
    Any news from Imperium Chambers or Westminster Law Chambers (post written assessment)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

If you remember on the interview problem Gray's said it would be 4-6 weeks and considering interviews only started 29th Feb its not even been 2 weeks since interviews finished. I'd say next week is possible but week after more likely. They said residential scholarship interview was on 12th April and i guess wouldn't take that long to shortlist for that so could well be few more weeks for bptc scholarship

ReputationRep:
    Just found this thread......... And here we go again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I called inner temple on Monday and was told it would be next week that we would hear even though I was told at my interview (on 5th March) that I should hear in 7-10 days maximum.

ReputationRep:
    Also is anybody going to the Northern pupillage fair this weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Hailsham yet???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.