Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazza'sNightmare)
    and also the emphasis on white supremacy in cricket, i mean have you ever seen an indian play for england? No, because racism

no don't give me this monty panesar nonsense he lived in england for at least 1 month
    British Indians just aren't good enough, bopara, monty and varun chopra were just/will never be international class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRP95)
    British Indians just aren't good enough, bopara, monty and varun chopra were just/will never be international class.
    they are british indians though i am talking about indian indians why do none of them play for england?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Australia has banned women’s cricketer Piepa Cleary for six months, with another 18 months suspended, for placing bets on the third Test between the men's Australian side and New Zealand in November.

She's 19 and placed bets worth $15 ffs.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tazza'sNightmare)
    they are british indians though i am talking about indian indians why do none of them play for england?
    Bruh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So, is Kohli the best T20 batsman in the world right now? And will he become the best ever?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/969069.html

• In his last 11 T20 innings, Kohli has scored 592 runs at 84.57 and a strike rate of 145. His scores: 54, 57*, 23, 72*, 77, 66, 43, 1, 90*, 59*, 50.
    • He has the lowest dot-ball percentage in T20s.
    • He has the highest T20 average - 50 - from 31 innings.

I think the key thing to take from the article is the final paragraph, based on Kohli's skill against different types of bowling. He scores faster against pace and medium pace - but he has a better average against spin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    So, is Kohli the best T20 batsman in the world right now? And will he become the best ever?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/969069.html

• In his last 11 T20 innings, Kohli has scored 592 runs at 84.57 and a strike rate of 145. His scores: 54, 57*, 23, 72*, 77, 66, 43, 1, 90*, 59*, 50.
    • He has the lowest dot-ball percentage in T20s.
    • He has the highest T20 average - 50 - from 31 innings.

I think the key thing to take from the article is the final paragraph, based on Kohli's skill against different types of bowling. He scores faster against pace and medium pace - but he has a better average against spin.
    I would like to think so, his record is phenomenal. He isn't one of those massive hitters of the ball that you would expect to have a strike rate of 145, he just plays normal cricket shots and even if he hasn't hit many boundaries, the way he rotates the strike is masterful. To average 50+ in the T20 format is just crazy, I believe the next best is low 40s?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    I would like to think so, his record is phenomenal. He isn't one of those massive hitters of the ball that you would expect to have a strike rate of 145, he just plays normal cricket shots and even if he hasn't hit many boundaries, the way he rotates the strike is masterful. To average 50+ in the T20 format is just crazy, I believe the next best is low 40s?
    That's the thing, isn't it? His range of shots is just brilliantly understated. He's the antithesis of Buttler and Stokes, in many ways. Interesting to see a lack of ABDV in those stats, too.

He's not the force he once was.

ReputationRep:
    Man pakistan are flopping so badly , we've got a world class squad as well
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    NZ/Australia and SA/England's second instalments of their respective limited over series tomorrow.

Really looking forward to watching the latter at St. George's Park. It's a lovely ground, though it's also a batsman's worst enemy. The ball traditionally stays low - so you'd have thought Broad may be deployed by England, rather than Jordan. We shall see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Man pakistan are flopping so badly , we've got a world class squad as well
    no we don't.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Buttler goes for more than KP in the IPL auction! Nowhere near the price which Watson - last season's MVP - went for, but a tidy sum for Jos nonetheless.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    NZ didn't play anywhere near well enough to win today, in truth.

It was good to see Khawaja recalled - and even better to see him stick two fingers up at the selectors by scoring a half-century. It's always a shame when a batsman doesn't convert, and with NZ bowlers on NZ pitches, it's some feat just managing to keep your head and score a 50. He looked at ease and extremely comfortable throughout. I was surprised he played the shot which saw him dismissed, in all honesty.

Marsh and Hastings' batting was the real story of the day, with the former's explosiveness and latter's tempered approach the perfect foil for each other. It helped Australia get over the line, and Marsh duly did his bit with the ball too.

It was five consecutive defeats across both limited-overs formats for Australia before today, so they can call the victory a job very well done.

Without Santner and Milne's partnership towards the back end of the innings, NZ would have looked back on their batting performance as woeful. Despite their paltry total, you feel that NZ did slightly allow Australia to get away with one today. Having reduced them to 197 for 6, you'd have felt it was NZ's for the (surprising) taking.

It was an excellent match. Roll on Hamilton on Monday!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    By the way, Boland must have the slowest action in history.

ReputationRep:
    How has Watson gone for £935,000 - know he made a good score recently but bet he's chuffed!

Caught bits of the Pakistan Super League and it looks bit dire being in the UAE sadly, day games anyway. Would have been best to plan the games for the evening but Amir's grabbed a hat trick in one game and Ahmed Shehzad score a knock today and hope he picks up something from playing with KP but I doubt it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Saw the massive six from ten Doeschate clear the stadium today, but that's about all I've seen. In my opinion, it's BBL > IPL > NT20 > Ram Slam > PSL.

Good to see Buttler follow his auction with a really steady knock to help England over the line yesterday. Topley's four wickets were another pleasing aspect, but Hales - who becomes the first man to be dismissed in ODIs and T20s on 99 - will be livid.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So, bye-bye B-Mac. He's off to enjoy his time with his family - and he's earned it. Since his debut, hasn't he been responsible for about 60% of NZ's white-ball runs? Remarkable.

He can end on a high, too. I actually thought Australia had done really well to limit NZ to 246 all out, especially on a pitch which wasn't doing a great deal for the majority of the day.

That said, there will of course be controversy. The umpires shouldn't review based on the screen replay, and Henry's appeal was only half-hearted.

Marsh was excellent with both bat and ball again, though. Three wickets and a knock which appeared to be taking the game away from NZ, before that contentious dismissal.

Thoroughly entertaining. It seems a long time ago I was bored shitless watching NZ vs SL and the Windies in Australia!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like Brendan McCullum's stats in all formats of the game don't really scream legend, but you don't see the full picture with just the stats. He was such an impact player, and had the ability to turn a game on its head so quickly, it was amazing. He brought that confidence as captain of this NZ side and they will owe a huge amount to him over the next few years for his attacking nature. Like all attacking players, he sometimes played the wrong shots (World Cup final), but world cricket will dearly miss him.

Hopefully we will see more of him in cricket once he retires.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    I feel like Brendan McCullum's stats in all formats of the game don't really scream legend, but you don't see the full picture with just the stats. He was such an impact player, and had the ability to turn a game on its head so quickly, it was amazing. He brought that confidence as captain of this NZ side and they will owe a huge amount to him over the next few years for his attacking nature. Like all attacking players, he sometimes played the wrong shots (World Cup final), but world cricket will dearly miss him.

Hopefully we will see more of him in cricket once he retires.
    I think you've got to look at his impact on the players around him, too. He has a canny knack of getting 50% extra out of those around him. Under his captaincy, key batsmen like Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson and Martin Guptill have all averaged nearly 50 in ODIs.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Australia squad for ICC World Twenty20: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Ashton Agar, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Andrew Tye, Shane Watson, Adam Zampa.

Nevill and no Wade. Big, big call.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Australia squad for ICC World Twenty20: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Ashton Agar, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Andrew Tye, Shane Watson, Adam Zampa.

Nevill and no Wade. Big, big call.
    Finally agar is playing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 19, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.