Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Schizophrenia predictions now available on Loopa if anyone wants to know - scroll down and look on the right hand side for latest posts lower down - or click on the BLOG tab>Latest blog posts.

Direct link is here:

http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya4-schizop...qa-psychology/

Hope it helps,

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm doing Gender, Aggression and Biorhythms & Sleep for Unit 3.

I'm studying at home, and am a bit confused with the biological approach to gender development. I've attached a mock essay I wrote, that I could use in the exam, for the biological approach. If anyone here is sure and confident for that sub-topic, please read my essay and tell me whether or not the A01 content is meant for this approach. The essay is more wordy than it should be in the actual exam, but that's just because this essay is for me to keep reading over and over as revision, and so I made it quite detailed.

From what I've seen, AQA haven't asked the biological approach to gender in like forever, so it could come up.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Discuss the role of genes and hormones in gender development.docx (13.5 KB, 66 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mephestic)
    Schizophrenia predictions now available on Loopa if anyone wants to know - scroll down and look on the right hand side for latest posts lower down - or click on the BLOG tab>Latest blog posts.

Direct link is here:

http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya4-schizop...qa-psychology/

Hope it helps,

Thank you so much this is really useful! Also i was wondering, that because the papers were stolen yet most students sat it, does it explain why the grade boundaries for psya4 were a bit higher last year or should those grade boundaries be expected this year also?

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries were higher for PSYA4, last year? Damn, I managed to get an A and finished that exam with 45 mins to spare. I barely got to do any revision for it, and just crammed whatever I could 2 days before the exam and was going in expecting a U...but yeah, somehow got an A on that, but a D in unit 3 despite having gotten an A* in the U3 mock I did at my college and revising all year on unit 3.

ReputationRep:
    To anyone doing addiction. How much do we need to know on TPB? Do we just need to know the outline for A01?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrgan)
    are most people pre-writing essays and learning them off? if so how many essays do you have roughly for each section for module 3?
    I have 8 for sleep
    7 for relationships
    and 6/7 for aggression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    I have 8 for sleep
    7 for relationships
    and 6/7 for aggression
    For aggression, are you confident on the group displays of aggression sub-topic? I honestly can't get my head around it. Each textbook I look at says something different, and my teacher from when I did it last year at college just talked about football and it made no sense to me. What made it more confusing was when I read the mark scheme for it and it says how "mobs" don't count as group displays of aggression, yet it's one of the first things mentioned in this one textbook I was looking at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    To anyone doing addiction. How much do we need to know on TPB? Do we just need to know the outline for A01?
    I would say to have at least 3 to 4 AO2 points as well of the TPB. This is because some past papers have used TPB in a stem questions and will ask you to use your knowledge about the TPB to describe how you would deal with this person addictive behaviour. However, it is very possible that they give you a 10 mark question about the TPB that will require you to evaluate some of it in order to get those top marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im130)
    For aggression, are you confident on the group displays of aggression sub-topic? I honestly can't get my head around it. Each textbook I look at says something different, and my teacher from when I did it last year at college just talked about football and it made no sense to me. What made it more confusing was when I read the mark scheme for it and it says how "mobs" don't count as group displays of aggression, yet it's one of the first things mentioned in this one textbook I was looking at.
    I love group displays, it came up in my mock a week ago, and i got 22/24 on it. I have a model answer and a spreadsheet that i have made which I can send to you if you want? Hopefully it does not confuse you but I don't refer to anything not on the spec, just the usual, group displays in the caveman days, football hooliganism today, sporting and tiny bit on warfare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    I love group displays, it came up in my mock a week ago, and i got 22/24 on it. I have a model answer and a spreadsheet that i have made which I can send to you if you want? Hopefully it does not confuse you but I don't refer to anything not on the spec, just the usual, group displays in the caveman days, football hooliganism today, sporting and tiny bit on warfare.
    Oh wow, 22/24, that's really good. If you don't mind sending me them that would really be appreciated That's like the only one out of aggression that I couldn't get my head around. The rest I'm pretty confident with, so if you need anything on one of them, let me know

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you! I also have a spreadsheet, which breaks up the answer and has associative images if you are a visual learner like me! But it wont let me send it here, I could email it to you?
    Attached Files
  2. File Type: doc group displays model ans.doc (33.5 KB, 103 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perez_perez)
    I would say to have at least 3 to 4 AO2 points as well of the TPB. This is because some past papers have used TPB in a stem questions and will ask you to use your knowledge about the TPB to describe how you would deal with this person addictive behaviour. However, it is very possible that they give you a 10 mark question about the TPB that will require you to evaluate some of it in order to get those top marks.
    Okay thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    If you and other people in your class write the same essay do you get marked down or less than it is really worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrgan)
    are most people pre-writing essays and learning them off? if so how many essays do you have roughly for each section for module 3?
    Yes imo the best thing to do and would advise starting to learn them around now if you havent started, i tried to do it in February for mocks but ive forgotten them so going to relearn most of them again.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  54.7 KBRevising for PSYA3

ReputationRep:
    I was off school ill for the lessons on the biological and cognitive approach to addiction and I've really been struggling to get to grips with them, plus I'm now on study leave so can't really talk to my teacher. So I was wondering if anyone possibly has any revision notes for those topics that they wouldn't mind sharing with me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling with learning the content for PSYA3, and I really want to do well! Does anyone have any tips apart from: 'learn the essays'. I'm doing: Relationships, Aggression and Sleep (Bio. Rhythms)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    I think you need evaluation too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a good resource for theory of planned behaviour, unit 4 - addiction? Would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Some plans and model essays if anyone needs them

https://aqaa2psych.wordpress.com/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.