The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryanroks1
Anyone else got an exam in the morning too?

yes
Original post by ddiimmaa123
you dont need data or anything to support your application. can you make up your whole application? perhaps, but its not worth it in case the examiner notices and gives you no application markz.

Wait, what? I thought research was exactly what application meant. That's what I could gather from the mark scheme for the 2015 paper. So instead of real life data you can simple use rhetoric, logic and made up scenarios for the application marks?
Similar to a question someone asked just earlier...how can Handy's model be applied to a question on organisation culture? Examples? How can Lewin's model be applied to a question on change management/retrenchment?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Caius Filimon
Quote me where I said child poverty is child labor.

Starting with the ad hominems because you can't even get close to winning an argument? You must be trolling; a sane human being can't be that obviously fuming ... online too! Lmfao

You had a chance to slither out of the conversation, but you completely botched it with that. Good luck on the exam!

Here's a child poverty statistic when we're talking about child labour.

You're funny lad :wink:
Original post by IzzyWalker
Similar to a question someone asked just earlier...how can Handy's model be applied to a question on organisation culture? Examples? How can Lewin's model be applied to a question on change management/retrenchment?

Thanks in advance!

You could talk about how having a highly skilled leader is a motivating factor in convincing stakeholders that the change or retrenchment is needed. This acts a driving force to counteract the resistance to change that may have otherwise been experienced, and you can apply Lewin's model since this compares forces for change against the resisting factors.
Anyone else got an exam in the morning too?

Yep! ICT, thankfully that's piss easy and I have spent all my time revising for BUSS4 but i'm confident for ICT. What have you got?
Wait, what? I thought research was exactly what application meant. That's what I could gather from the mark scheme for the 2015 paper. So instead of real life data you can simple use rhetoric, logic and made up scenarios for the application marks?

nonono, you need research. for example if you were to dicuss harriet green and her leadership, you could just talk how was external and autocratic and etc. you COULD mention how she closed 199 stored, but it wont be necessary to strongly support your analysis and achieve good application marks.
Original post by Business Boy
Here's a child poverty statistic when we're talking about child labour.

You're funny lad :wink:

You can't connect one dot to the next?

I like how you keep skipping over all of the arguments, then start spewing insults, then pitifully try and play it off.

I feel sad about having a guy with the username 'Business Boy' being mad at me.
Original post by amy_eliz3
Yep! ICT, thankfully that's piss easy and I have spent all my time revising for BUSS4 but i'm confident for ICT. What have you got?

I have computing which is also relatively easy but it consists of learning mark schemes so time consuming, so I have to just keep jumping back and forth! Don't think I'm gonna get much sleep tbh.. Best of luck for both of them :smile:
nonono, you need research. for example if you were to dicuss harriet green and her leadership, you could just talk how was external and autocratic and etc. you COULD mention how she closed 199 stored, but it wont be necessary to strongly support your analysis and achieve good application marks.

Oh so for example with Tata Group's acquisition of JLR I just have to say that Tata managed to buy it for little, then made it hugely profitable?

I don't really have to remember the exact number of stores, but only say that part of the retrenchment in some other example involved the closing of stores?
Original post by fredh172
What a pretentious dick

One gets pretentious when a smartass who doesn't know crap tries to pick a fight. Maybe have a read through the actual conversation first.
Oh so for example with Tata Group's acquisition of JLR I just have to say that Tata managed to buy it for little, then made it hugely profitable?

I don't really have to remember the exact number of stores, but only say that part of the retrenchment in some other example involved the closing of stores?

yep, i would still mention figures though, it will give a good impression and weight to your essays. Can you please give me your retrenchment research?
I have computing which is also relatively easy but it consists of learning mark schemes so time consuming, so I have to just keep jumping back and forth! Don't think I'm gonna get much sleep tbh.. Best of luck for both of them :smile:

Same with ICT! All i've done is learnt the mark shemes and that's it, mostly by doing past papers. It will all be worth it in the end, thanks! :smile: You too, are these your last? They are my last ones.
Is retrenchment very likely to come up in section B tomorrow??
yep, i would still mention figures though, it will give a good impression and weight to your essays. Can you please give me your retrenchment research?

Well, I've started studying only a few hours ago and so I have no research. Other than the tutor2u AQA BUSS4 Section B Essays thing from which I try to remember random facts. Someone posted it on this thread.

Also, thanks for your help on clearing it up!
Well, I've started studying only a few hours ago and so I have no research. Other than the tutor2u AQA BUSS4 Section B Essays thing from which I try to remember random facts. Someone posted it on this thread.

Also, thanks for your help on clearing it up!

Haha bro im in the same position. Learning organisstional structure atm. Havent even started section A
Original post by GClowes987
Is retrenchment very likely to come up in section B tomorrow??

Yep
Haha bro im in the same position. Learning organisstional structure atm. Havent even started section A

Lmao, hope for the best then! I can get section A stuff off of a friend if you need it though. PM me if needed
Original post by IzzyWalker
Yep

Thanks i hope so got plenty of research on it unlike most topics lol
Lmao, hope for the best then! I can get section A stuff off of a friend if you need it though. PM me if needed

Would be very helpful, just pm it to me. Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest