Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    who's doing the sunlight on the grass anthologies ? If you are can you please explain the actual story line of the 100 percent girl - i just don't get the actual meaning of it like what can be inferred ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urbz)
    i acctually dont really like it , i find it quite hard to find good solid points and to analyse
    Yh it is really surface level analyse tbh

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone do Romeo and Juliet combined with unseen poetry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    Same, and Mr Salles genuinely cares about his viewers and always replies with well thought out comments. I messaged Mr Bruff like 6 months ago and he doesn't reply so I think he does it more for views. Obviously i'm still thankful to Mr Bruff but mr salles is best
    yeah, definitely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomdoughty99)
    so with the mice and men section we are only given an extract not the actual whole book to find quotes
    For part A you get an extract but for part B you have to find your own quotes

ReputationRep:
    hi there anyone wanna help me with how to structure the essay preferable how to do one for kindertransport or of mice and men

ReputationRep:
    To anyone doing The Crucible, do you think a question on the Putnams is likely to come up tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I'm new to this so please don't complain if I've done this wrong but for unseen poetry I'm not sure how to analyse the structure, i know what the structural devices are but I'm not sure how to analyse them in a paragraph?😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    To anyone doing The Crucible, do you think a question on the Putnams is likely to come up tomorrow?
    Yeahh dont think it has come up for a while.... could be something to do with Thomas Putnam accusing people to gain land... not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    My teachers think that Abigail might come up.... maybe Danforth?? Im not sure, but i hope not
    Abigail came up in 2011 I think, I'm praying that Danforth or any of the judges don't come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyhallx)
    Yeahh dont think it has come up for a while.... could be something to do with Thomas Putnam accusing people to gain land... not sure
    Apparently Rebecca Nurse might be asked but I think it would be really hard to write an entire essay about her :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Rebecca Nurse might be asked but I think it would be really hard to write an entire essay about her :confused:
    yeah i heard that as well, but i was v confused cos i swear shes hardly in the play at all so what could they ask us on her??

ReputationRep:
    today is literally the first time I've revised for this exam, soooo much regret lol
    anyone have any revision tips? I'm reading through tkam rn and I'll do the same in a while for crucible. Can I scrape by if I read analysis from sparknotes and my class notes? Aiming for an A* but I usually get As (with no revision) and I won't be too upset if I do get an A - just don't want a B or lower.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for mice and men and inspector calls tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has a question about any of these come up for OMAM AQA:
    George killing Lennie
    Comparing Clearing at start to end
    Masculinity
    Setting
    Symbolism

ReputationRep:
    I've hardly revised for the literature exam like I wish I did😩 Does anyone know what questions they think will come up for Woman In Black and Of Mice and Men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyhallx)
    yeah i heard that as well, but i was v confused cos i swear shes hardly in the play at all so what could they ask us on her??
    I honestly have no idea, my ideal question would probably be on Elizabeth or relationships because they've already asked a lot about the main characters in the past. Have you done much revision on The Crucible??

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! If the Putnams do come up tomorrow this would actually be quite a good question as you could fully explain the idea of how power was abused in Salem to achieve personal motives, and how the hysteria allowed people to finally avenge these vengeances and express hatred and bitterness because they are doing so under the disguise of supposed Christianity.

I can analyse a few key quotes if you would like?

Good luck tomorrow x

ReputationRep:
    URGENT : Anyone have any tips on structuring the kindertransport essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icy_typhoon)
    today is literally the first time I've revised for this exam, soooo much regret lol
    anyone have any revision tips? I'm reading through tkam rn and I'll do the same in a while for crucible. Can I scrape by if I read analysis from sparknotes and my class notes? Aiming for an A* but I usually get As (with no revision) and I won't be too upset if I do get an A - just don't want a B or lower.
    I'm on the exact same boat as you but I'm doing Of Mice and Men instead of tkam haha. Cliffnotes is also a good website for revision, and yeah you'll definitely get by if you're getting As without revision, plus any controlled assessments that you've completed will bring up your grade too

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.