Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    I put k[H+] for the new rate equation, if the concentration of propanal is so high so there's a massive excess, it won't limit the rate I think?
    I put the same. I think because its in excess any change will be very small compared with how much there is. Is it like taking [H2O] out of Kw ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarkey500)
    I think I put 9. I remember counting them and getting 10 which wasn't one of the answers so I gave it a recount!
    I got the same

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry teachers looked at it and said it's relatively easy. Should be high grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not going to uni after the utter trash that was this years paper.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i put!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K2Cr2O7)
    CH3-O-C(CH3)2-CH2-CH2-OH
    Is what i got for the last question.
    I got that!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Welp looks like im resitting next year rip uni dream

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizem.Tekin)
    Please someone say that exam was hard for them too... I started having a panic attack in there... It went horribly and I revised so much for this exam
    check twitter, we all found it horrendous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.ethers)
    Ok so for the last question we know it has to be a primary/secondary alcohol because of the dichromate reaction, but the O-H nmr peak was a singlet, suggesting the adjacent carbon to the alcohol group is itself bonded to no hydrogens. Therefore how can it be a primary or secondary alcohol??
    You don't look at the adjacent Carbons if you reach an O. And O is basically a dead end when talking about splitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckaH2)
    Yeah can't remember the exact number but definitely around 10%. Because it was something like (23 / 233) x 100.
    **** i got 22/233

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    Before I forget these are some of my answers, not saying they're right by any means though

ph values were something like 2.08, 2.32, 3.33
    for the salt/acid weird question i got 1.20
    9.09x10-3 for one question can't rememer which one
    9 peaks for the tick box question
    Last question I got the structure: CH3-O-C(CH3)2-CH2-CH2-OH
    I got all of them also😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarimaKauser)
    I got all of them also😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yess mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppycake3)
    no one laugh but could it be

(ch3)3-c-o-ch2-ch2-o-h

i came up with that in two mins ((((((((
    Haha I got that too, but I couldn't get the structure so I was just like 'screw this' and drew some structure which looked alright to me....

ReputationRep:
    I wrote my numerical answers on my formula sheet and took it out, these are what I got...
    pH values of 2.08, 2.32 and 3.33
    1.204 for the salt/acid ratio
    0.33 mol and 4.16 mol
    9.09x10^-3 for something (kc?)
    9.402% hydrogen
    112 for the molecular ion peak
    K=3.12x10^-5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    rip me
    Word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bacardigan)
    Anyone know what happens to the rate equation if the experiment was repeated with 100x the concentration of ethanal but same concentrations of HCl and Iodine? I put that it would be the same...
    I put the same, and my explanation was that the mechanism and therefore the rate determining step stays the same?!

That 9 marker screwed me over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never did chem 4 today but i heard it was very hard Idk why Aqa are doing this? Like do they want people to go Uni?

ReputationRep:
    nitrogen atom b had more alkyl groups (inductve effect etc) but a had an N-H bond, making that part of the molecule more soluble therefore more likely to react... right?? urgh, worst paper ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishabennett)
    Can we complain.......Next year is the new spec not this year.
    That's what I thought! It was like they'd got so carried away writing the new specification that most of the questions would be better suited to next years students since they will have learnt different stuff! I do wonder whether anyone from the exam boards actually looks at places like TSR to get a feel for what the students thought.

ReputationRep:
    That was the first of all my A2 exams by AQA,safe to say I'm going to fail this year. See you later uni xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.