The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Wasn't the difference in the area of the zone disinfected?

I worked out the area of a circle for each and worked out how many times it was greater by dividing the area of the circle values.

gg 0 marks looool
Original post by zigocarn
What did you guys write about the question why the scientists drew the conclusion, it was about HIV and natural selection.

I was thinking natural selection takes place over a long period of time and HIV was recently discovered. I also put natural selection gets rid of non-beneficial genes for more favourable/desirable ones
Original post by jamiechristie
Wasn't the difference in the area of the zone disinfected?

I worked out the area of a circle for each and worked out how many times it was greater by dividing the area of the circle values.

gg 0 marks looool

Ugh I didn't think about calculating the area - I just did the diameter of D divided by the diameter of B.
I was thinking natural selection takes place over a long period of time and HIV was recently discovered. I also put natural selection gets rid of non-beneficial genes for more favourable/desirable ones

Was it 2 marks?
Original post by sgill23
I didn't like that paper, it started off well but just got worse. Am I the only one who thinks it?

soo true although i liked the starch and cellulose at the end but then translocation hit me and i was like why
Original post by Namita Gurung
Ugh I didn't think about calculating the area - I just did the diameter of D divided by the diameter of B.

Don't worry, more than likely I've done it wrong. I am really **** at Biology

Was it 2 marks?

2 marks ye
i got 4:1.2????
Original post by Luchamb
Why did the sample need to be thin?

i think so light could more easily pass through and it could b seen clearly
I crammed the translocation thing this morning as well :lol: Was so happy when it came up.
Reply 709
How many marks was the question about what cause the clear zone and also the question about why above 40% shouldn't be used?
What did you guys write about the question why the scientists drew the conclusion, it was about HIV and natural selection.

i basically said that their offspring may not have the mutation and that people rarely come in contact with hiv disease and so few die from ir
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
hopefully like 60% for an A:frown: probably not though :frown:

last year was 66 or 68 so i think it will b around the same
Reply 712
What questions/topics came up in todays paper?
Original post by alexriversxx
i basically said that their offspring may not have the mutation and that people rarely come in contact with hiv disease and so few die from ir

kill meeeeee
How many marks was the question about FEV, precautions that should be taken?
What was the answer to the non smoker FEV reducing? I put something silly like the alveoli cells not being able to regenerate
kill meeeeee

that was a complete guess tho aha
What did you guys write about why above 40% shouldn't be used?
Original post by chelseaoscar15
What did people put for the mutation question and how it leads to a non functional protein.

i described the types of mutation so deletion and substitution and told about how they work
For the ratio I did 25/5 and got 5:1
for the clear zone I calculated area of circle divide by each and got like 2.5x bigger

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending