Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraEdexcel)
    Did anyone do gottesman and shields for description of procedure?
    I did Mumford and Whitehouse mainly because I could evaluate questionnaires then and the procedure has quite a lot to say about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eklok)
    am i the only person who did 9b?
    I did 9b as well

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did and then evaluated twin studies

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Cook and Mineka for the procedure question, & did you evaluate it as a lab study?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone write about Castner et al and then evaluate animal studies?

ReputationRep:
    i did becker et al and then evaluated naturalistic experiment

ReputationRep:
    For the 18 marker on ethnocentrism I mentioned:

What it is
    Cultural issues with diagnoses
    Eysenck on iq
    Etic and emic approaches to psychology
    Milgram
    Mary Ainsworth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Question on science:
    Quantitative data, empirical, falsifiable, reductionist, objective, reliable, paradigm, hypothetical deductive model

I basically wrote the same for each question on the science section

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i 'tried' evaluating correlation but failed.. only wrote one point and is that they could look for a relationship... but anyways, for the procedure, i wrote this, but not how he looked for the concordance "e.g. grade 1 both client and co-twin..etc"

How many marks you reckon this would get?

Procedure: secondary data was gathered from 1 hospital from the US. They used a sample of 57 twin pairs – 24 MZ, 33 DZ, Twins were tested for zygosity using blood tests and finger prints as well as visual appearance. In addition to the hospital diagnosis, the following information was obtained: case histories based on a self-report questionnaire and interview with the twins and their parents to provide a record of verbal behavioura personality testa test used to measure disordered thinking conducted on twins and parents

ReputationRep:
    I did Goldstein procedure and evaluated longitudinal studies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't you do the second essay?? It was a dream! The clinical section was beautiful, although I evaluated interviews as the main research method for Mumford and whitehouse, and someone pointed out its main meas a questionairre. I imagine that if that matters, there's preobably still a 3 mark cap for evaluating a research method, but the wrong one.

The science questions were eh, as was the content analysis, but overall I'm fairly confident I've got my A star. Note to future self that if when the grade boundaries come through its 60/90 for an A star again I've probably certainly got it. Haha thanks student room

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the questions?

Need them from order
    Social norms definition
    Evaluation of social norms definition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jablonski)
    Why wouldn't you do the second essay?? It was a dream! The clinical section was beautiful, although I evaluated interviews as the main research method for Mumford and whitehouse, and someone pointed out its main meas a questionairre. I imagine that if that matters, there's preobably still a 3 mark cap for evaluating a research method, but the wrong one.

The science questions were eh, as was the content analysis, but overall I'm fairly confident I've got my A star. Note to future self that if when the grade boundaries come through its 60/90 for an A star again I've probably certainly got it. Haha thanks student room
    I agree, the paper was a nice paper. I think I've got around 70, so hopefully an a A*. I'm shocked at how many people found it difficult to be honest, the clinical section was straight forward and if you knew psychology as a science (empirical, quantitative, reductionist, reliable, objective etc) and daycare as a contribution you were fine in the issues and debates section.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear I wasn't the only one who struggled with it... I was worried I wouldn't finish it, and that was with extra time! I'm hoping going for 9b was a wise move... What did people think of the design-a-content-analysis question?

ReputationRep:
    i found the content analysis question extremely difficult

ReputationRep:
    Can someone remind me what the 9b question was - I saw ethnocentrism and just went for it hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    guys, i forgot to mark my question for number 9 D:
    would the examiner not mark it if I didn't cross the box??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do second half of the 18 marker? If so what did you talk about!?😖

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silfuyumi12)
    Good to hear I wasn't the only one who struggled with it... I was worried I wouldn't finish it, and that was with extra time! I'm hoping going for 9b was a wise move... What did people think of the design-a-content-analysis question?
    Silly question!

I wrote they should get stories from a library, using a random and stratified sample. Randomly pick the books but stratified by age group of the books. They should then tally words relating to the aim (quantitative data) and then write a brief summary of the stories (qualitative data) and a sample of 5 stories provides a representative sample. Then operationalise by if the book is gender biased or gender neutral

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.